DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
3 members and 537 guests
2blueyam, ReasonableDoubt, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Power Commander Help...
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a bee

Power Commander Help... - May 7, 2009, 07:39 PM

i have the older model, with the serial port, on my 03 GSXR 750. i have a timing retard eliminator, TI force full exhaust, and probably a stock filter [i haven't looked]. i went to the power commander website and downloaded a list of maps and the control center. but i was told the newer maps may not work on my older model. is there a site, or database somewhere that has maps i can download according to the specific parts i have on my bike? any help would be appreciated, i have looked but i'm not sure what i'm looking for, where to find it, and whether or not it's gonna destroy my engine if i do something wrong. just get me started please. i'm a quick study and i'll take it from there.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

May 7, 2009, 07:49 PM

take it to a shop
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

May 7, 2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
take it to a shop
You can recommend one right

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
TPG - screw face

May 7, 2009, 10:29 PM

Unread
  (#5)
Meh

May 8, 2009, 12:54 PM

Find the closest map based on the parts that are on your bike and fine tune from there.

That will get you more than close.

A true dyno tune is best, however, probably unnecessary in your case.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

May 8, 2009, 01:05 PM

I don't think the maps for the PCIII will work on your older model PC

09 R1
08 Jeep SRT8
06 F350
Unread
  (#7)
Street Bonk Bum.....

May 8, 2009, 01:15 PM

have it properly tuned...a generic map is a good starting point

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#8)
Life Begins at 150

May 8, 2009, 02:52 PM

You should have generic maps on the disc for that bike, I have some if you do not .
Generic maps are for generic bikes though, I can do a custom one for you if you need it.

RnR Cycles
45700 Woodland Rd, #160
Sterling VA 20166
703-433-9195
571-277-0892
www.RnRCycles.com
Unread
  (#9)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 8, 2009, 07:21 PM

RnR did a great job tuning my '04 R1, it was a HUGE difference compared to the proper BASE map I initially put in the PCIII. The throttle is super smooth and the power band is linear.

Spend the extra money and get it done right.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#10)
I'm a bee

May 10, 2009, 10:20 AM

How does anything get done on this forum? Thank you for telling me that i need to find custom maps [which is whay i posted] and telling me that newer maps won't work on my older computer [which i mentioned myself] and that i should take it to a shop [when the whole reason i posted was to avoid taking it to a shop]. now if anyone can answer my original question, which was Does anyone know where I can find a large list of different maps BESIDES the Power Commander website? it would be greatly appreciated.
Unread
  (#11)
Meh

May 10, 2009, 03:34 PM

How about this....why don't you call them?

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...r/default.aspx
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

May 10, 2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1mostperf3kt View Post
How does anything get done on this forum? Thank you for telling me that i need to find custom maps [which is whay i posted] and telling me that newer maps won't work on my older computer [which i mentioned myself] and that i should take it to a shop [when the whole reason i posted was to avoid taking it to a shop]. now if anyone can answer my original question, which was Does anyone know where I can find a large list of different maps BESIDES the Power Commander website? it would be greatly appreciated.
Considering you admittedly dont have a fucking clue as to what you are doing, why dont you take the good advice people are giving you, save your passive insults and back-handed insinuations, and stop being a pretentious douche bag? Like everyone is here to serve you...
Unread
  (#13)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

May 10, 2009, 07:30 PM

Can't help you with the PC...but as far as the Timing Retard

http://www.maxlean.com/motorcyclepag...m#Instructions

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#14)
I'm a bee

May 10, 2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Considering you admittedly dont have a fucking clue as to what you are doing, why dont you take the good advice people are giving you, save your passive insults and back-handed insinuations, and stop being a pretentious douche bag? Like everyone is here to serve you...
what good advice dick? i asked where i could find maps and i was told a.)that i need to find maps, b.)that i should go to a shop, and c.)that newer maps wouldn't work on an older unit.

the last one might have been useful except for the fact that I HAD ALREADY SAID IT IN MY ORIGINAL POST! awesome advice. thanks.

and i don't know what post the guy below you was reading.

look if you needed help fixing your computer i can do that and i would help you fix your computer. what i wouldn't do is tell you that you needed your computer fixed. becuase obviously you know that. and if that was all i had to say then i'd bite my tongue and let someone who could actually answer the question do so. i wouldn't assume that i was there to serve you. i just know computers and i'd help. but instead i get this crap. and then you pissing and moaning because this so called advice is useless. who cares what i SHOULD do or where i SHOULD take it. it's not your fucking bike. if i ruin it, it's my problem. so unless you can help me find maps so that i can do what i want to do, move the fuck on. cause if you can't even tell me where to find them then you probably don't know enough about it to give me any advice. hows that for passive?
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

May 10, 2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1mostperf3kt View Post
if you needed help fixing your computer i can do that
so lemme guess, a1mostperf3kt ==

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe