DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 232
1 members and 231 guests
Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Punched in the gut last night. Add your bike bite stories.
Unread
  (#1)
Pleased to meet me

Red face Punched in the gut last night. Add your bike bite stories. - August 8, 2007, 09:01 AM

It's happend to me a few times and last night I got bit again.
Blow off TWT to get my bike ready for a big trip. I needed to adjust my chain and a few things. My bike is so low a normal lift won't work so I used something like this:

It slides under the bike and you pull the arm back to lift the rear wheel off the ground. Normally I then slide my bike lift under the frame and raise it a foot or two. I didn't have that much to do, so I left it on the little lift.

Finish my work. It's about 100 degrees in the garage and mucho sweaty hands. Time to lower the bike. Left hand on the handle bar, stretch my right arm to pull the lift arm back. Hand slips off the lift handle and the weight of the bike pushes the arm forward really fast and smacks me in the lower ribs. BAMMM! Wanted to cry like a baby but I had to hold the bike up with my left hand.

Ugly red thing on lower right rib cage.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

August 8, 2007, 09:04 AM

Ouch!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

August 8, 2007, 09:05 AM

I left my passenger footpegs down on my SV and when I walked by it to get on (it's a bit of a tight squeeze in my garage) I hit my self right in the nuts! Talk about pain.
Unread
  (#4)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

August 8, 2007, 09:38 AM

I forgot to add my story. Last year, I was cleaning & lubing my chain, and doing it the same way I've always done it since I bought my swing arm stand. Lift the wheel off the ground, turn the bike on & put it in gear and proceed w/the cleaning. Well, I've ALWAYS ALWAYS used small hand rags to do this, to keep the rags from gettingcaught in the chain. (as if you can't tell where this is already going) Well, that particular day, I didn't have any of my clean small rags, so I had to settle for a larger hand towel...my downfall. I was actually almost done w.the cleaning, had the towel wrapped around my first 2 fingers while wiping down the chain. Well, the motion of the chain started kicking up the tail of the towel, and I didn't catch it in time. The next thing I knew, my fingers had been ran completely thru the back sprocket! Luckily, my chain was a little loose, so my fingers went right on thru w/out getting stuck under a tight chain. Anyway, my index finger made it thru with some scratched skin and a numb feeling. It managed to go into one of the "vallies" on the sprocket and missed the tooth. My middle finger wasn't so lucky though. One of the sprocket teeth punched straight thru my first knuckle on the finger, shattering the bone completely. I had a steel needle stuck thru my finger for 6 weeks while it healed.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

Unread
  (#5)
> 6'3" need not apply!

August 8, 2007, 09:45 AM

Yeah and those bungy cords on the tailbags like to come up and smack you in the eyes too!!!

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

August 8, 2007, 09:47 AM

Squidded it to the Ashburn pool one day last year (board shorts, tank top, helmet, gloves, towel). Rode home. Parked bike in garage on left side. Got off on right. Had to put my helmet on the left side (where my shelves are). Leaned over from right side, putting all my weight on left foot and lifting my right foot. Placed helmet on shelf. Realized that my left leg was now pressed against a 200+ degree midpipe. Since I had all my weight on my left leg it took me more than the spontaneous "OH SHIT" pull back since I had to shift my weight. Managed to leave a few layers of skin on the pipe and get some nice 2nd-3rd degree burns. It's real fun pulling your leg off a pipe when your "cooked" skin is pulling away from your body.

Now have a kick ass scar and a wonderful story.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

August 8, 2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norihaga
I forgot to add my story. Last year, I was cleaning & lubing my chain, and doing it the same way I've always done it since I bought my swing arm stand. Lift the wheel off the ground, turn the bike on & put it in gear and proceed w/the cleaning. Well, I've ALWAYS ALWAYS used small hand rags to do this, to keep the rags from gettingcaught in the chain. (as if you can't tell where this is already going) Well, that particular day, I didn't have any of my clean small rags, so I had to settle for a larger hand towel...my downfall. I was actually almost done w.the cleaning, had the towel wrapped around my first 2 fingers while wiping down the chain. Well, the motion of the chain started kicking up the tail of the towel, and I didn't catch it in time. The next thing I knew, my fingers had been ran completely thru the back sprocket! Luckily, my chain was a little loose, so my fingers went right on thru w/out getting stuck under a tight chain. Anyway, my index finger made it thru with some scratched skin and a numb feeling. It managed to go into one of the "vallies" on the sprocket and missed the tooth. My middle finger wasn't so lucky though. One of the sprocket teeth punched straight thru my first knuckle on the finger, shattering the bone completely. I had a steel needle stuck thru my finger for 6 weeks while it healed.
You and Nate need to start: http://www.dontlubeyourchainin1stgear.com

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

August 8, 2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
You and Nate need to start: http://www.dontlubeyourchainin1stgear.com
Thanx! That's so kind of you!

Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

August 8, 2007, 10:12 AM

Yea, its a bad idea to lube the chain that way.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
opossum puncher

August 8, 2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Squidded it to the Ashburn pool one day last year (board shorts, tank top, helmet, gloves, towel). Rode home. Parked bike in garage on left side. Got off on right. Had to put my helmet on the left side (where my shelves are). Leaned over from right side, putting all my weight on left foot and lifting my right foot. Placed helmet on shelf. Realized that my left leg was now pressed against a 200+ degree midpipe. Since I had all my weight on my left leg it took me more than the spontaneous "OH SHIT" pull back since I had to shift my weight. Managed to leave a few layers of skin on the pipe and get some nice 2nd-3rd degree burns. It's real fun pulling your leg off a pipe when your "cooked" skin is pulling away from your body.

Now have a kick ass scar and a wonderful story.
Did that on a moped when I was a kid. Still got a nice football shaped scar on my calf.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#11)
Spike

August 8, 2007, 10:45 AM

OUCH to you all!!!
I hit the foot peg from time to time.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

August 8, 2007, 11:01 AM

I one time had a hang-nail that caught on my glove when I put it on, and it bled a little. That sucked.

I was also making some aluminum brackets and spacers for some new turn signals from a KTM to put on my Suzuki. I was in a hurry and decided to simply hold the brackets in a visegrip clamp by hand, instead of clamping them to the table. I started to drill the bracket and the bit bound up in the metal, spinning the grips and pinning my hand between the grips and the drill bit. It chewed up my palm right below the thumb. I bled a lot. I hadn't eaten all day either, and that combined with the blood loss resulted in my passing out while walking into the bathroom. I woke up eventually, lying in my own blood on the hallway floor.

10 stitches, a bruised left side of my face, and a bottle of vicodin later, I realized hand holding a piece of metal for drilling was a bad idea.
Unread
  (#13)
Pleased to meet me

August 8, 2007, 11:04 AM

Good one!
Unread
  (#14)
Still here

August 8, 2007, 11:25 AM

Went on an early summer morning ride out west one day. Just meandering here and there. Had riden about 150 miles and was riding back through Haymarket. Stoped at a light, thought I had the bike in neutral, took my hand off the clutch...damn thing jumped, came back and knocked my shin but good with the floorboard. I thought "Oh crap! Wonder if that's bleeding?" Thought I might shed a tear. Had to pull it together and go when the light changed. When I finally got to look at it there was no blood and the bruise was not as brilliant as I would have guessed for how it felt. That was in June....I still have a bump in my shin bone where it happened. Maybe I chipped the bone? Ugh, hurt like hell

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#15)
> 6'3" need not apply!

August 8, 2007, 11:45 AM

This one time, at band camp....... sorry j/k

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)