DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
7 members and 536 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CCS762ZX6, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, Speed3, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 11, 2003, 03:07 PM

About a month ago I dropped my bike and it slid about 10 feet in soft dirt and grass. I picked it up, started it....for the most part it runs fine. It is the cold starts now where I have the problems though. I changed the spark plugs, ran fuel injector cleaner, and still no luck. Finally we adjusted the choke valve on it which seemed to help but only for a short time. It is back and it takes several times for it to start and when it does it still idles rough for a little bit. I want my baby to be healthy again.....any ideas

" I feel the need, the need for speed" - Top Gun
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to nd4speed Send a message via AIM to nd4speed  
Unread
  (#2)
boxing twins

July 11, 2003, 04:47 PM

What year R1?

Check and make sure none of cables (throttle, choke) were damaged. Also check the airbox for anything sucked in thru the nose of the bike.

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

July 12, 2003, 07:05 AM

I'm guessing its an 02 or 03 model because of the fuel injector cleaner that you said you used. Any mods done? Like Power Commander? The reason I ask, if you only slid your bike 10 feet or so, it should only affect the way it looks. I dont think your low speed wipe out is directly related to your starting-idling issue. If you have a PC, check to see that its functioning properly. Also, take HayabusaFiends advice and check the filter. Other than that, I have no other ideas. Hope you get it fixed!!

By the way, you stole my avatar!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Fuzz Runna

July 27, 2003, 05:05 AM

DUDE!!! :mad2: screen name thief!!!!

Sometimes in order to live, you must first be willing to die....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ND4SPD Send a message via AIM to ND4SPD