DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
1 members and 565 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

February 25, 2004, 12:07 PM

Hey guys, picked up a low mileage F2 that has a K&N, stock pipe and a manual cam chain tensioner.
Question is what settings are you guys using near sea level? I'm in the VA are (near DC). I picked it up from OH but when you run her thru the gears, she stumbles a bit, the higher the gear, the more obvious. Hwy is best in 4th or 5th, 6th has just about no pull. Carbs cleaned, plenty of gas, New plugs and coils, still same problem, just wondering what you guys thught. I will be stunting her, so I'm keeping the stock pipe for durability and to keep it quiet from da popos.
Maybe get a stock filter (shuddering at the thought of ever theoretically reducing power) or spring for a jet kit?
Thanks fellas (compression is good too, no smoke or anything)
Settings are:

Pilot Screws: 2 1/2
Main Jets: 135
Pilot Screws: 40

Kehin Mains.

Ali
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Addicted to farm animals

February 25, 2004, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaneSplittah
Hey guys, picked up a low mileage F2 that has a K&N, stock pipe and a manual cam chain tensioner.
Question is what settings are you guys using near sea level? I'm in the VA are (near DC). I picked it up from OH but when you run her thru the gears, she stumbles a bit, the higher the gear, the more obvious. Hwy is best in 4th or 5th, 6th has just about no pull. Carbs cleaned, plenty of gas, New plugs and coils, still same problem, just wondering what you guys thught. I will be stunting her, so I'm keeping the stock pipe for durability and to keep it quiet from da popos.
Maybe get a stock filter (shuddering at the thought of ever theoretically reducing power) or spring for a jet kit?
Thanks fellas (compression is good too, no smoke or anything)
Settings are:

Pilot Screws: 2 1/2
Main Jets: 135
Pilot Screws: 40

Kehin Mains.

Ali

If everything else is stock and only the air filter change then it may be a air fuel mixture problem. If you going to keep the stock can on it then get a stock air filter. Jetting it will only worsen the problem with the stock set-up.

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

February 25, 2004, 12:41 PM

Hey Trickn wuzzup, this is Ali, aka that guy that came up w/the POS gsxr 7/11 last fall ... the one that wouldn't start

Long story short, got tboned by a cager so i parted out the gixxer...healin up and will be out there stuntin this F2 goin -2 and + 4 and I'm keepin the pipe stock so you know what that mean

Wussup w/Josh?

Ali
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to farm animals

February 25, 2004, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaneSplittah
Hey Trickn wuzzup, this is Ali, aka that guy that came up w/the POS gsxr 7/11 last fall ... the one that wouldn't start

Long story short, got tboned by a cager so i parted out the gixxer...healin up and will be out there stuntin this F2 goin -2 and + 4 and I'm keepin the pipe stock so you know what that mean

Wussup w/Josh?

Ali

Thought that was you. Wassssuuuuuuup? He is rock'n da 900....sold my R1 and now on the hunt for a 929. We gonna tear it up this spring..Holla

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1