DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 510
4 members and 506 guests
Nobrains, Sal_the_man, scarab, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

October 15, 2005, 06:01 PM

well, I stopped procrastinating and found a place to fill my 2lb bottle.

Bike: '05 gsxr1000

Background: dry nos system with a "wot" switch. Used the #28 jet (smallest in the kit). Point of spray is front of airbox after the filter but before the sensor. I got 42" of line from bottle to airbox. Only place the lines get hot is the last 24"...where the line routes near the engine.

Test: Only sprayed in 4th gear above 7,000 rpm but did not ride to redline. Reason for this is to verify that n2o gets there safe and sound.

Felt Like: n2o was sprayed and it felt like a slightly stronger roll-on versus stock. The "seat of the pants" higher roll-on power felt gradual. terminal MPH was a little higher but nothing significant; the bike did not buck or jump forward; tire did not chirp...remember this is the smallest jet.

I'm gonna refill next weekend and do somemore testing. Why? I just wanna test different points of spray positions. Don't have an o2 sensor so gonna have to check it the old fashion way, by looking at the plugs to see how they're burning and holding up... extremely light brown or white plugs is definitely too lean... but not expecting that with #28 jets.

With a 2lb bottle this means several refills, so I'll do it in the am.

If anyone has any mechanical; tuning; or experience feed back, it's greatly appreciated. I'm curious about how the valves will be affected if at all... the only way I'll notice this if they start clicking loud... I know how to check valve clearance and replace shims on my own... but it's a pain in the ass if you live in an apartment complex!!!

Please no scare stories about "nos bikes" blowing up, unless you got real mechanical/engineering/experience feed back to provide... everyone and their mom keeps telling me it's gonna blow up... but just rumors and hear-say being procreated. Remember, it's a dry system... it ain't gonna blow the airbox and gas tank in the air.

I did a search for nos/nitrous oxide on this site but nothing turned up... so anything provided is appreciated at this point.

I installed the nos system for shits and giggles... no plans to drag or race with it... just like to tinker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0010.jpg (294.5 KB, 79 views)

Truth: Marines are the Ambassadors in Blue, they can be found in all "climes" and place.

...But, do you know how a Marine "rates" the countries and cities he's toured?

...By how easy it is to get laid, get drunk, and get in a fight.

...Go figure.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 15, 2005, 08:09 PM

Call Rick at Fastlane Cycles 703-818-8890 He will be happy to guide you.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

October 15, 2005, 08:43 PM

Water bottle... Coooooooooooool

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 19, 2005, 10:54 PM

Yeah rick @ fast lanes knows about NOS and how they will work out for you where did u test it john??
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#5)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 19, 2005, 11:02 PM

Whaow...sounds very interesting. I'm curious to find out...post your updates on your next run.
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

October 19, 2005, 11:05 PM

Tested it on 234 (business route). Straight stretch and not much cars... did it only when coast was clear and safe. Once I get tired of the dry system, I'll probably look to upgrade to a wet system next year... only installed this simple system for shits 'n giggles... I like to tinker, so I'll do it myself... but I'll go all out with the wet system, I don't think I'll buy a "ready made kit". I'll buy the components seperately 'n put her together the way I want ... I'll keep her lookin as stock as possible...

Truth: Marines are the Ambassadors in Blue, they can be found in all "climes" and place.

...Go figure.
Unread
  (#7)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 19, 2005, 11:08 PM

BTW, is that a flip plate?
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

October 19, 2005, 11:12 PM

no ain't one of tha flip plates...lol

...Go figure.
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

October 20, 2005, 09:48 AM

its about time ......no more gatorade bottle?...lol
Unread
  (#10)
Got my Permit

November 19, 2005, 12:56 AM

You will have to monitor your fuel delivery as well. Spraying NOS will lean out your mixture 30 - 60%. Remember Nos only condenses the air , it does nothing as far as the fuel supply, in order to keep a good stoichiometric ratio of about 13 to 14 /1 you must use an O2 sensor and power commander to monitor and adjust fuel supply. Since it is impossible to gauge "seat of the pants" experiments, power commander and dynamometer tuning will be essential to get the most accurate and safe information. Also do not forget to remove any pollution control devices and rev limiters from your bike for best results.
Good luck.
Unread
  (#11)
You meet the nicest

November 19, 2005, 04:25 PM

Fascinating

Keep us posted!

sibex, why no rev limiter?

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

November 19, 2005, 10:27 PM

I meant to say soft rev limiter, that is if Suzuki has one , I know my Honda does.
Unread
  (#13)
Meh

November 21, 2005, 11:38 AM

Stop while you are ahead. I heard no mention of a PC3-R or any other supplemental tuning device. If that is the case, I would serious advise against not delivering another shot of chemical O2 until you have a tuning device of some sort and add extra fuel. You are playing with fire when you add extra oxygen without the complimenting extra fuel to burn the extra O2. You have already run the bike dangerously lean if so and I would not attempt again. If you do, you run the risk of burning pistons/valves. An otherwise properly tuned nitrous fed engine does not require any extra valve adjustments. You should peroidically check spark plugs because they are more prone to failure under extreme cyclinder temps and pressures. 13 to 1 is too lean a mixture ratio. 14 to 1 is purely theoretical. For safety reasons, I would not tune for any higher than low 12's to 1 at the leanest. Always easier to get a little more gas per fill-up than add pistons.

I would not mess with a wet kit. For an average street bike you are inviting disaster. Safer from the aspect adding fuel with N2O at the same time, however, much more prone to backfires and malfunctions.

If you want more power, look into a small turbo kit. Nice power deliver if low boost compressor selected, no bottle to fill, and always there when you want the boost...just roll the throttle.

Stick your bottle in the freezer before getting it filled. Odds are you you will not get good bottle pressure unless you run some sort of bottle blanket/heater to keep bottle pressure above 900psi.

If you browse around the internet you can find PC3R tunes to download to get you close but a dyno tune will yield the most drivability and power. I guess rick is as good as any.
Unread
  (#14)
Got my Permit

December 14, 2005, 11:39 AM

black hatch said it all, one thing more check the fuel lines injectors you will need race fuell lines and bigger injectors as well full pump too, next thing and remember that in order to race or drive with nos you have to have a steady temp and pressure to the bottle. blackhatch talled you that.Go for the turbo kit is more economic at the end of the day. A friend of mine has a turbo hayabusa it is dyno shows 500hp and when he rides the only thing you can see coming is the lights cause the rest are covered from the smoke.