DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
8 members and 511 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, HenryW, MPSniper, nootherids, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Test and Tune

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

August 27, 2004, 08:26 AM

I understand that by using tire warmers I will basically be putting my tires through one heat cycle versus several heat cycles by not using tire warmers during a typical track day.

I'm not worried about tread life/depth because my bike manages tires pretty well, but I'm starting to worry about the tires suddenly going off because of too many heat cycles ...I'm using the Diablo Corsas.

How much more tire life can I typically expect by using tire warmers vs. not using tire warmers?

Thanks in advance,
Tifosi
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
old fat and slow

August 27, 2004, 09:54 AM

jason.. for a trackday i really think that tire warmers would be a waste. i mean you take it easy for the first lap and then you're good to go. tire warmers only real benifit would be to allow you to go at it harder right off the line... ie. racing for turn 1. there was a big write up about this on the nesba board not to long ago. not to mention that the diablo corsa's are a "trackday" tire designed to handle those heat cycles. imho you could also over cook your tires causing even less wear and more problems.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam