DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 537
0 members and 537 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Brainwash Your Face!

February 5, 2005, 05:09 PM

===============================================
ATTN:

the poll will be posted up in the next week or so. We had some requests to hold off on the voting till all the logo's have been submitted. Sorry for the delay, I just wanted to let everyone know what was going.....

I didnt want everyone thinking we are slackin off or anything here

Any questions.....feel free to PM me.

-flipnR6
===============================================

Well, .net family, the staff of the site had a lunch meeting today to brainstorm for the upcoming season. Lots of rides and events to look forward to. So keep an eye out!

I know we did this some time ago and nothing ever came of it. We are doing it again and this time....T-SHIRTS WILL HAPPEN!!! We also are going to get stickers for our bikes and cars. In order for this to happen since we have a bunch of new members we would like to start over on the logo issue.

We are asking anyone and everyone to submit a logo for dcsportbikes.net in which we poll for the winner starting on 2/21 with the poll being closed on 2/23. That gives you artist 2 weeks to submit your ideas. The only rule is make sure that www.dcsportbikes.net is in the design. For the people who submitted the last time, PLEASE resubmit your ideas!

Please post up any questions you may have or feel free to pm me or CleasonJeeper.

THANKY!!!

*any nonsense post will be deleted in this thread*

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

February 9, 2005, 04:52 PM

Hey, people, post up if you're interested in this. We need your help! Trying for a new 'look' for the site, as well as a good logo for shwag such as T-Shirts and Stickers!!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

February 9, 2005, 05:14 PM

here's one i did, dont think it would be good for a logo, but I'd sport it as a bumper sticker:

I know there are some other artistically talent mawfuggers out there....

contribute if u can

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#4)
Happiness Consultant

February 9, 2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
here's one i did, dont think it would be good for a logo, but I'd sport it as a bumper sticker:

this i like for a sticker

my feeble attempt at logo creation(can anyone guess who i used for a motorcycle?):

I know there are some other artistically talent mawfuggers out there....

contribute if u can

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#5)
Happiness Consultant

February 9, 2005, 09:05 PM

same as before, but this time I thought I would honor one of the Site's founding members:

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#6)
What's today? aah fuck it

February 9, 2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Trying for a new 'look' for the site, as well as a good logo for shwag such as T-Shirts and Stickers!!
Yess!
Unread
  (#7)
Happiness Consultant

February 10, 2005, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Trying for a new 'look' for the site, as well as a good logo for shwag such as T-Shirts and Stickers!!
no one else?

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#8)
Happiness Consultant

February 10, 2005, 10:52 AM

got another

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

February 10, 2005, 10:53 AM

Those are great ed.
Im more a fan of keeping it simple.
Remember it has to go on the site, stickers, t-shirts..
Too much detail will get lost as it is transposed to the different mediums.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

February 10, 2005, 10:57 AM

Last years attempts:

I know these guys are still members... Where you all at?

Entry 1-The orginal logo:

Entry 2- Thrustin J:

Entry 3- extremecoating:

Entry 4- gotone:

Entry 5- gotone:

Entry 6- gotone:

Entry 7-gotone:

Entry 8-gotone:

Entry 9-gotone:

Entry 10-DAYUIZ:

Entry 11-ThrustinJ:

Entry 12- gotone:

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

February 10, 2005, 11:15 AM

What's wrong with the original logo or the other logo that is on the site already? I would think you'd want to stick with one of these so that everything is familiar and just by seeing part of the logo people would recognize what it is.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#12)
Brainwash Your Face!

February 10, 2005, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525
What's wrong with the original logo or the other logo that is on the site already? I would think you'd want to stick with one of these so that everything is familiar and just by seeing part of the logo people would recognize what it is.

Recognize it from where?

Who has stickers or shirts with that logo on it?

It's dated and not very eye catching.

BTW- I love the ones that gotone did with the checker flag. Thanks Spud for pulling them over here.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#13)
Spike

February 10, 2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave

I really love this one, I don't like simple, it's ugly.
If I were an artist, I'd have done this one!!! My vote gets this!

Sharon, all other 'staff', great idea!! Mad props to you all.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#14)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

February 10, 2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa525

Recognize it from where?

Who has stickers or shirts with that logo on it?

It's dated and not very eye catching.

BTW- I love the ones that gotone did with the checker flag. Thanks Spud for pulling them over here.
AH, gotcha. I don't have an eye for art. I was just curious what was wrong with the current one. These other ideas look really good though. I like Ed's with the bike in the background.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

February 10, 2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Im more a fan of keeping it simple.
Remember it has to go on the site, stickers, t-shirts..
something to note then with regards for future plans on the use of themes. If we are going to go with a simple banner that will match ALL the themes, then the banner/logo may end up being limited to being a transparent gif.

if thats the case, then almost all the entries won't work, including my own. Gotone's 6th entry is the only transparent gif

FWIW I think most of the entries qualify for great shwag material. I think we should leave the banner up to the theme of user's choice.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this