DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 526
0 members and 526 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Suggestions

View Poll Results: Should there be tighter content restrictions?
Yes 31 45.59%
No 34 50.00%
Please reference my post... 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
.NET - Please share your thoughts on recent content
Unread
  (#1)
Typical Stripper

.NET - Please share your thoughts on recent content - June 30, 2008, 08:39 AM

Recently there have been a lot of threads that I personally don't believe are positively reflecting on .NET, or the motorcycle community as a whole. Whether a joke or not, there are some things that even if they are being done (which is a whole other topic in itself), need not be posted on this site.

So I open the thread to other people to add constructive, mature, thoughts on this subject. Let's not make this a pissing match - moderators will be watching, and will zap posts that don't belong.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
DAS BOOT

June 30, 2008, 08:44 AM

I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is a point when enough is enough. Too much bickering. Too much I'm cooler than you, better than you,
Tired of everyone bashing the others riding. Racing on the track, street, etc. To each your own, but suffer the consequences of your actions. Put up or This used to be a FUN place. Some of the peeps are bring it down. I know it's as easy as saying "don't read it, if you don't like it" but sometimes it's like a bad trainwreck! You can't help but look!!
Just saying...wish everyone would chill the f out or
That being said, if someone says something that another one doesn't like, it's fine to disagree, but not to the point of how it has been lately....

With that said, and this is just my personal opinion... I think that before things get out of hand like that, there should be some kind of warning from a mod, of some sort, that it will be closed down if it keeps going on that path.

Wow. Just..................wow.

Last edited by LadyK; June 30, 2008 at 08:46 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I LIKE TO HAVE FUN

June 30, 2008, 08:45 AM

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt...

Michael Nikolau Pittas 1981-2007
Unread
  (#4)
Elite Racing

June 30, 2008, 08:50 AM

Not sure if content restrictions is the best route. This is a public forum and users can discuss almost any topic.

If there are common violaters...ban them. The board operator & moderators are here to help keep the peace. It's their call and have the right to do it.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#5)
One and Only

June 30, 2008, 08:51 AM

I've noticed what I think you're talking about, and agree.

Maybe those individuals should head over to .com or something.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 30, 2008, 08:51 AM

No, there should not be restrictions on content that falls within the site guidelines/rules.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

June 30, 2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
I've noticed what I think you're talking about, and agree.

Maybe those individuals should head over to .com or something.
I thought that the intent of the thread was to get away from stuff like this...
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

June 30, 2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
With that said, and this is just my personal opinion... I think that before things get out of hand like that, there should be some kind of warning from a mod, of some sort, that it will be closed down if it keeps going on that path.
I agree

M.A.R.R.C. Cornerworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHiriser
It takes a special kind of crazy to stand on a corner/on track dodging motorcycles for free.
Unread
  (#9)
One and Only

June 30, 2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypink600rr
I thought that the intent of the thread was to get away from stuff like this...

Ummmm....

Either I don't have a clue what Nate is talking about...or you don't.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 30, 2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
Ummmm....

Either I don't have a clue what Nate is talking about...or you don't.
"constructive, mature, thoughts on this subject"
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 30, 2008, 09:01 AM

Its this simple. If you dont want to argue then dont. if you dont like the agruing dont read the thread or hit ignore. It is what it is. We have had this converstaion before. The site owner knows it is going on, he isnt blind.

I try to post positive helpful things to the best of my ability. I get slammed, but you will notice I dont post and post and post replies. I just ignore it. I try not to take things on this site personal. I admit I used to. Now I just post what I think has meaning and ignore the rest. If something really bothers me I take it to PM's or AIM's but you NEVER see me argue in a thread. If it bothers you that much I suggest you try the same. We all know who the tools are. Quit treating them like heros, and giving them attention and they will go away.

This site is in desperate need of leaders. So either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
I'm baaaaaack

June 30, 2008, 09:01 AM

Tighter restrictions are not the answer. People are going to do stupid things and that cant be stopped. Those who are posting threats and dangerous rides are just asking for trouble. Let them post up because we all know these boards are monitered by the boys in blue. Put things out there for all to see and they will end up suffering the consequenses. There will be proof of pre-meditated offenses witch could turn out hurting innocent people. I believe everyone knows or at least should that most on here are just out to have good safe clean fun. If things do get too out of hand then mods should step in.
Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

June 30, 2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228
Not sure if content restrictions is the best route. This is a public forum and users can discuss almost any topic.
Not to nit-pick - but this forum is public, but privately owned. People can be muted or deleted for any reason at all.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Got my Permit

June 30, 2008, 09:08 AM

Nudist, I know what you mean. I recently rejoined the sportbike community by purchasing another sportbike and I was looking forward to attending the Spot meets on Thursday nights again. But I'm not so sure now as I see there is a lot of bickering between several members on this board. Which is their right but I think it does reflect poorly on .net as a whole.
Unread
  (#15)
Mommy's Little Monster

June 30, 2008, 09:10 AM

I've been riding for a little over a year. Been a member of the site for about 6 months. I say that so that the more experienced riders and older members know where a noob is coming from in terms of what I take in on this site.

There are threads on this site that sometimes make me consider if i REALLY want to be a part of the sportbike community (as a whole). I've met some really good people on this board so far, and they've been nothing but nice and friendly and helpful, and for that I couldn't be more thankful. But there are also others who "tend to give off the bad name" for sportbikes.

I love riding. My first time out I could instantly tell that riding was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. No question about it. I'm a tame rider, I obey the law, I wont ever run, but the fact that i'm on a sportbike also associates me with the...shall we say, more aggressive riders. Not saying they're bad people or anything of the sort, it's just that type of riding isn't my style, and I personally believe that it doesn't belong on public roads.

As a new rider I wish there were more threads on success stories, rather than pissing matches, more rides posted that are geared towards those who want to learn to become a better, safer rider. Less of the he said, she said bullshit, that makes a new person ask themselves "is this something that i really want to be a part of?"

Bottom line, I believe the threads dealing with the sort of stuff in question should belong on a site where there's a membership fee involved. Kinda like broadcast tv, versus cable tv. This is a free, public site, that ANYONE has access to, and simply put, some things just dont belong on this particular site. Not saying that they couldn't belong elsewhere, just maybe not here.

'Peace and love, don't push and shove'

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600