DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 611
3 members and 608 guests
CCS762ZX6, MPSniper, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Site Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
RSS feed
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

RSS feed - November 10, 2009, 02:51 PM

Yo Rob, how bout adding an RSS feed to show all new posts?

i use google reader for other forums.

yay or nay?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
SMB
sans motor bike

November 10, 2009, 03:41 PM

+1

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

November 11, 2009, 09:55 AM

*cough

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 10:59 AM

bump

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

December 30, 2009, 11:21 AM

You mean

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/ex....php?type=RSS2

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 11:22 AM

did you just create this?

i tried that before i started the thread and no workie..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 11:23 AM

oh and

thanks rob. More fun to read in google reader.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 11:44 AM

ok i read the first 10 and havnt gotten any new ones in the feed for over 20 min.. the other forums on rss have new shit every 2 min.

over.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 11:53 AM

ok, 85 new posts now.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
GET SOME ! ! !

December 30, 2009, 12:01 PM

what is an RSS Feed allow you to do? Never heard of this.....I think

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#11)
Site Owner

December 30, 2009, 12:03 PM

I dunno I just enabled it, if its not working right lemme know. I probably can tune it.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#12)
Happiness Consultant

December 30, 2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
what is an RSS Feed allow you to do? Never heard of this.....I think
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Spyker,

If you use google reader, and start adding all the sites you frequent on the net, it lets you see every site in one place.

It is very cool. I was trying to read so many sites, my bookmarks got crazy. Then my computer bonked and I didnt save all my bookmarks. Now i can read everything from any computer and on the iphone.

Once you get into it, you really realize how great it is.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
Pleased to meet me

December 30, 2009, 12:08 PM

There are vast differences between RSS readers. Google Reader is real fast. MyYahoo is ok. The stock IE reader is slow.
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

December 30, 2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
I dunno I just enabled it, if its not working right lemme know. I probably can tune it.

I think some fine tuning is needed.

The other Auto forum sites send new feeds in bulks of 10 every couple minutes. W/in an hour, there are 200 new posts to read.

Not ideal, but i just weed through them.

Alex
13 Honda Fury