DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
1 members and 499 guests
Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > DCSportbikes.net Related Forums > Test Section

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

April 2, 2003, 07:43 PM

Im interested in hearing from anyone that has attended any Motorcycle schools such as Schwantz,Pridmore or anything of the like. I,ve always ridden with a bunch of guys that drag race not a whole lot of corners involved there. I consider myself a pretty decent rider although I've been away from it till early last yer for about 7 yrs due to a very good friend broadsiding me and totaling both bikes(both mine both not insured),
mind you a car pulled out in frt of us, so it wasnt his fault and really am not sure if it could have been avoided. I did not stay away because of the accident, i actually had a son and did some serious growing up in that time. So I no longer wanted to stay away from something I've enjoyed for so long. I just need to get some pointers on the aspects of getting out of a jam if one occurs. I have seen on the site where some guys have gone down on your rides and do not want to follow in the same footsteps. Like I said I believe I'm a pretty decent riderof approx 10yrs just need some suggestions on maybe a riding school or for that matter maybe some tips from the faster more experienced riders on the site.

Im hoping some of the shit talkers can give me some ideas. ha ha

Im up for any suggestions or help.

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

April 2, 2003, 08:56 PM

I've heard very good things about the experienced riders course (ERC). Offered by the same people who give the MSF I believe. You use your own bike for this course, though, and they teach evasive manuvers, etc.

If you want to drag a knee, then one of the racing schools you mentioned should work nicely.

Brad
-- I've got one word for you... brain damage.
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/ibf/ht...icons/tard.gif
Kat 600
Chevy Chase, MD
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BAMMER  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

April 3, 2003, 08:03 AM

You giving me shit or are you going to explain. Im all up for a learning curve.
Let me know.

Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

April 3, 2003, 08:16 AM

Thats cool that ought to work. I will try to get in one in the near future.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

April 3, 2003, 08:17 AM

What date are you going lee?
I might be interested in going?
I tried weeding through the text.
Whats the quick and dirty? What ya need before, and during the event. Bike, leathers, prereq.. etc..

thanks

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
Addicted to farm animals

April 3, 2003, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Im interested in hearing from anyone that has attended any Motorcycle schools such as Schwantz,Pridmore or anything of the like. I,ve always ridden with a bunch of guys that drag race not a whole lot of corners involved there. I consider myself a pretty decent rider although I've been away from it till early last yer for about 7 yrs due to a very good friend broadsiding me and totaling both bikes(both mine both not insured),
mind you a car pulled out in frt of us, so it wasnt his fault and really am not sure if it could have been avoided. I did not stay away because of the accident, i actually had a son and did some serious growing up in that time. So I no longer wanted to stay away from something I've enjoyed for so long. I just need to get some pointers on the aspects of getting out of a jam if one occurs. I have seen on the site where some guys have gone down on your rides and do not want to follow in the same footsteps. Like I said I believe I'm a pretty decent riderof approx 10yrs just need some suggestions on maybe a riding school or for that matter maybe some tips from the faster more experienced riders on the site.

Im hoping some of the shit talkers can give me some ideas. ha ha

Im up for any suggestions or help.

Yo man you not from Sperryville by any chance are you? Was that you on the top of the mountain (211) when it happened?

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

April 3, 2003, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Dude, go to the website.

I'm probably doing the full course on July 28th. But I may do the north course before that.

I know fewl, just wanted to hear what you said just to make sure i got it all correct.
I was lookin at july 28th cause its the full course.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

April 3, 2003, 08:57 AM

TricknR1,,,,
No it was in Md. Ive never even been to 211, anticipating that ride with ya'll in the future.

Unread
  (#9)
Addicted to farm animals

April 3, 2003, 08:59 AM

Quote:
TricknR1,,,,
No it was in Md. Ive never even been to 211, anticipating that ride with ya'll in the future.

Just wondering because I know 2 guys that wrecked up there the same way "T-boned" .

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#10)
just some dude

April 15, 2003, 12:19 PM

test

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid