DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
3 members and 555 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

January 29, 2005, 05:01 PM

When I first took the cornerspeed course, the instructor kept on telling me to put out my knee more. After looking at the pictures, I knew I was riding my bike like a dirt bike. I found out by scraping my toe pegs while I was going around that big tree. But with my bike it is a little harder to lean off than my 600. The tank is definitely wider and I sometimes I feel like the rear end is going to wash out from underneath me. What I catch myself doing is pushing my butt back toward the rear of the bike to keep it planted but the way I THINK I see everyone doing is while they are leaning forward, they are riding the gas tank like a bull. Am I right? One problem was my last suit didnt fit me very well. I bought a new AGV Talon suit and I am defintely more flexible.
I want to do more track dayz and I am going to sign up for the cornerspeed class again. I havent gotten my knee down on my bike on my track days but thats not important to me. I want to become smooth and turn correctly. Anyone with a ZX9R have any helpful suggestions?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

January 30, 2005, 06:45 PM

No responses...WOW...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

January 30, 2005, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
No responses...WOW...
what did u expect, you posted on the weekend.

I had the chance to ride around on a ZX9 for a weekend back in Sept. But all I can compare it to is my 636 and since the 9 wasnt mine I didn't even try to ring it out, I chilled mostly cept on a few roads. the 9 is a cow compared to my 6 and Im sure its weight coupled with the tire profile had something to do with its sluggish feel in the corners.

smoothness comes from seat time and since your planning on doing more track days, you should get plenty of it.

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#4)
Ballaugh Bridge

January 30, 2005, 09:03 PM

Keep forward, ass off the side of the seat, use the throttle to transfer weight to the rear. If feedback from the rear is vague, causing it to feel wrong, then you likely need to make some suspension adjusmentts and/or try different tires to find ones that suit you.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to