DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 580
6 members and 574 guests
amit, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Toecutter, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Aprilia

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

Don't tell me they suck unless YOU have a story about why they suck. Don't tell me about your friend's bike.

Thanks
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Got my Permit

April 13, 2004, 09:34 AM

ohh... see below

Ride it like you stole it!
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 09:48 AM

I should have specified......sorry

This is in regards to service.

I've bought a bike from them too and was pleased....but that's another thread
Unread
  (#4)
noise

April 13, 2004, 10:07 AM

I talk to Heath who is NOW the Asst. Service Mgr. He's knowledgeable and pleasant. Ed is the BEST tech at Coleman's FC Store, next Bob I "hear" is also TOP notch. Whenever I deal with Heath and Ed as a team the outcome is ALWAYS positive.
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

April 13, 2004, 10:13 AM

I dealt with Heath for my 600 mile service a couple weeks ago. Very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. They do seem short staffed, so be sure to call ahead for an appointment. I've got the "gold card", so they tend to kiss my a$$ a bit.

Unread
  (#6)
noise

April 13, 2004, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahachris
got the "gold card", so they tend to kiss my a$$ a bit.
Great isn't it? Right to the front of the line with the other Gold Card holders.... pretty cool.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 10:31 AM

Tell me about this "Gold card"
Unread
  (#8)
Got my Permit

April 13, 2004, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy6
Tell me about this "Gold card"
Basically I payed for 3 years service up front when I bought my R1. This also puts you at the front of the line, and you get 10% off parts and accessories.

Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 01:17 PM

Hello Mr. Dickhead, <---I added that part
We do offer a "Gold Card" (Preferred Maintenance Package) on Italian Bikes. It covers the Factory Recommended Maintenance on your bike for a total of 3 years(unlimited miles!!!!). It comes with Free Mounting and Balancing of Tires (tires must be purchased from our dealership), Free State Inspections (for those 3 years), Free Tire Replacement in the event you run over a nail (you must have 3/32 tread depth left - state legal limit), and Free Wheel (and Tire) replacement if you hit a pot hole (or similar) and damage the rim. Also, you get 10% off Accessories during your 3 year period.
The total cost for this package is $2495. For an additional $399 you can cover the bike for theft (if it gets stolen, we'll give you $5000 towards another bike).
Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you. We would love to see you!!! Thanks for your inquiry.
Unread
  (#10)
Got my Permit

April 13, 2004, 01:26 PM

$2495? Damn, that's steep. I think I payed about half that.

Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

April 13, 2004, 01:37 PM

Key word... Italian.

I think I will be a doin my own maintenance.
Unread
  (#12)
Has an idiot exemption

April 13, 2004, 10:02 PM

Say it ain't so Twiggy.
Tell me you didn't trade...

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#13)
Pleased to meet me

April 14, 2004, 06:58 AM

I wouldn't let Stoleman... I mean Coleman touch my Mille

Did buy an O ring from them for $18. Needed it for the oil change. Did it myself and saved a bunch of cash. I hear there's a good Aprilia shop in MD.
Unread
  (#14)
Conform & Obey

April 14, 2004, 02:42 PM

I purchased my Falco from Coleman at the end of 2000. I brought it to them for the first service and I dont think that i was treated fairly there. The Rotax motor is notorious for NOT needing its valves adjusted. Regardless, they charged me for a full 6 hr service (Aprilia states that a valve adjustment is 6hr, a valve check is not) and the technicians sheet looked as if everything was in spec and did not need adjusting.

On another occasion, i had a new tire put on. I called them to see if they had the tire i wanted in stock and anything else they needed and i was told that they did. so i brought the bike to them. 5 hrs later, i got my bike back. it seems that when they installed the new tire, they couldnt finish it because they didnt have the right kind of valve stems. So i told them to jsut use the old ones (i shouldnt have to tell them that). So they installed the old stems and discovered that they were leaking (they were not leaking when i brought the bike in) After me bitching and moaning to them for as long as i did, they agreed to put some silicone on the inside of the valve stem to plug the leak and let me have my bike back while new valve stems were ordered. Not too big of a deal, but i did have to bring my bike back to have the stems installed. The service manager was the only person who seemed willing to try to sort out my problem. Even he was amazed that they didnt have any in stock.

My problems were a while ago, and it seems that they have had some turnover within their staff since then and that they are turning around and being less of a "stealership." However, i find that their service rates are still higher than some of the smaller shops. They do have a great selection of gear and accessories and it is always fun to sit on their bikes. I will continue to go there for smaller items, but for maint that i cant do myself, i go elsewhere.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to splyn  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

April 14, 2004, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZX9
Say it ain't so Twiggy.
Tell me you didn't trade...
it ain't so.

I've thought about it for 2 weeks and decided to go with it. I completely understand that on paper, it may not be the greatest idea man has ever had. I may be giving up reliability and performance. (reliability not so much from what I have researched)
I am no longer interested in going 160mph. It's costing me too much money and getting me into too much trouble.
I've wanted an adventure touring bike for a while now, and this is available to me with almost no miles, for no initial money out of my pocket. It's opportune and in my eyes a great deal.
I've decided that sometimes, decisions have to be made outside of the general criteria for purchasing a motorcycle. It will be another type and make of bike I have never owned. Could be good, could be bad. Matters not, I'll have that much more experience.
Besides, I own 2 other motorcycles and have another 2 in my garage at my disposal 24/7. (KLR, YZF600R, RC51, Bandit1200 street fighter)

It may seem stupid to some, but I think I'll have a blast.