DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
3 members and 552 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Aprilia

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Loves Sporking

June 27, 2004, 09:52 PM

Well, it's a rarity to see another one these days, but I was taking a pretty passenger down to Adams Morgan to enjoy a ride and this great weather.

We had parked in front of Asylum, when Anna says, "Hey, there's another one!" "Holy black pigeon!" I shouted as I saw it rolling south on 18th. "Another Falco like mine!" Though I thought my eyes had deceived me, I was wrong. There it was... a 2001 SL1000 Aprilia in all black, just like mine. A rare bird indeed.

An even bigger coincidence was to find that it was Jason (Splynn) from the board! We had never met, so it was odd to find how similar our bikes are. Like me, he has just over 6000 miles on his, hi-rise pipes, integrated rear sigs, and then the weird part... both of our Maryland license plates start with "236M," and the M doesn't stand for motorcycle! Spooky. Anyway, we both shared our similar opinions on this fun and fabulous liter-size twin. They really are a blast to ride, and trust me... they boogie down the road, and sound good doing it.

The final coincidence was to find that we're both going to VIR for the fourt of July weekend, though Jason will be on his track-ready R6. Anyway, thought I'd mention it on the Aprilia section, since there's only a thread here about once a year.

PS - I love that Mille swingarm. Nice touch.
Great meeting you Jason. See you at VIR!

Johnny V.
CCS & ASRA #67

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
2004 Aprilia 1000 Mille R (street)
2001 Aprilia 1000 Falco (street)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E (street and racing)
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
(street)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

June 27, 2004, 10:30 PM

falcos are slow

hOrM

hormiga33@gmailDOTcom

'04 Hyosung Comet
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hOrM  
Unread
  (#3)
Loves Sporking

June 28, 2004, 12:35 AM

Thanks, genius! Coming to the track sometime?
I'm told that EVERY bike is slow when you ride it.
Are you really a pot-tittied ghey guy like I heard?
Go back to squeezing your ass-pimples, booby boy.

Johnny V.
CCS & ASRA #67

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
2004 Aprilia 1000 Mille R (street)
2001 Aprilia 1000 Falco (street)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E (street and racing)
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
(street)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Conform & Obey

June 28, 2004, 10:41 AM

i was very surprised to see another falco. Since i got my first, i have seen two others. one of them i met on the board, the other was a friend of mine whom i convinced to buy the Falco (which he then sold to me after 1100 miles). and even more surprising was it was John. and then the erie coincidences started. similar mileage, similar pipes, similar license plates (they are almost exactly except for one number, and the order of the last numbers is different), both black, he lives in Bethesda (i went to high school in bethesda), his attractive lady friend lives in Gaithersburg (i grew up in Gathersburg), hes going to VIR (i will be at VIR) he has the same style of jacket as mine (except all black). the list goes on. if it wasnt for his traction and turbo knobs on his forks, i would think he was trying to copy me.

it was nice meetong you and your friend. we should join up toegther sometime. normally when i go for a spin and not a group ride, i ride up through bethesda, potomac and beyond.

got those pics?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to splyn