DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 577
6 members and 571 guests
amit, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Toecutter, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Aprilia

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

February 21, 2005, 06:01 AM

hello, Teuf from Switzerland wants to known about RSVs of more than 30'000 miles. Any problems ?
Thank you for your answers.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

February 21, 2005, 07:38 AM

There are lots of Caponords with over 30k. That's the falco motor though. The motors are made by Rotax. Rotax makes motors for Bombardier, BMW, and Aprilia. I don't think those 3 large bike makers would choose a crap builder. I had a Caponord. Only put 3k on it. I had no issues.

edited because I misstyped Bumbardi-yay.

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
Unread
  (#3)
Got Any Gwapes?

February 21, 2005, 08:43 AM

The Rotax V Twin is virtually bulletproof. If it isn't making any noise, it can be trusted.

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust"

*GODFATHER*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boomboom929  
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

March 10, 2005, 04:05 PM

I've got a '01 RSV Mille that is clicking past 20K miles as I type... I just had it serviced due to mileage, for the full deal (valves, new pnuematic clutch, all fluids, seals, etc.). I would stand by the reliability almost 99%! I've gone through a sprocket and clutch, but that's probably explained away by the hard launching and power wheelies. The torque makes me grin!

I've been on an Aprilia Forum and most have agreed. If something breaks, the cost is steeper than avg and the wait to get replacement parts is longer than avg. HOWEVER = No problems with the engine and most other parts are pretty rugged (fingers crossed).

GLM
RSV reliability
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

RSV reliability - October 31, 2009, 03:10 PM

WOW I am impressed as the response from you Guys Lots of Great information just what I was looking for, real world information. I know what you all mean about the bike being Just that little bit different and this is the appeal as good as the Jap bikes are, I have seen the supposed 04 RSV photos before spoken to the Australian agent and he swears Aprilia have nothing in the pipeline that they know about.I have been offered a deal on an 02 RSV-R but really want the new model with the Radial Brakes and all the other options, I have heard that to extract big HP from one of these is to fiddle with the reliability and if you thrash it expect to lose an engineThe true Haga bike is a totally different animal it uses the SP Motor and trick frame ect, if I option the race kit heads and cam setup I still retain my warranty and if I fit a Motech Computer with some serious Dyno time with the exhaust you can really dial in the setup.I agree with the comment on the Aprilia cans they look weird with the small outlets I will ask the guy that works on my bike now what the go is as I will probably get him to flow the kit heads for me prior to fitting to see how good they are or if he can improve them by porting as he also sells Akro systems as well.i have heard that Arrow make larger primary pipes for the RSV that connect to the Akro cans for even more HP so I might look into this closer, could you post some more information or a link on the Renegade Air Box system I would lke to look into this also.Thanks for all your input and comments I will surely keep you informed of what I eventually decide to doKeep it Safe See you in the Soup and we will have a PEE together.
Unread
  (#6)
You meet the nicest

October 31, 2009, 05:26 PM

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!