DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 530
0 members and 530 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

September 4, 2003, 01:23 PM

Aight can someone help me out I need to get a 4k service check with an oil change on my 02 F4i I called Colemans and they told me it was going to cost 277 plus 30 for parts thats not including oil change, is that price about right...

Carl Maya aka cee
Honda 2002 F4i
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RYDRDI Send a message via AIM to RYDRDI  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 4, 2003, 01:37 PM

I don't recall much being required at a 4,000 mile interval, so that sounds like a lot. Take a look at you service intervals and see what it calls for at 4,000. My guess is that most if not all of it can be done yourself or with a little help from someone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

September 4, 2003, 01:49 PM

that sounds kinda high. oil changes are easy to do yourself. i dont have my service manual here but im sure its just the regular checking bolts, adjust and clean chain, throttle adjustment, etc. lot of the same stuff done at the 600 mile service. if you dont have a service manual you should pick one up. lots of good info in there and tells you how to service your bike and how often.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

September 4, 2003, 02:11 PM

Thanks I would do it myself but never had and rather see them do it before I try...

Carl Maya aka cee
Honda 2002 F4i
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RYDRDI Send a message via AIM to RYDRDI  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

March 25, 2004, 08:44 AM

I think heyser cycle might be a bit cheaper, although their schedule of services doesn't follow the manufacturer's. Never took my bike there before, but am thinking about taking my bike in to either them or Coleman's in Falls Church for my 12000 mile check up. I can't remember what the manual said, but I remember bike shops quoting stuff that didn't have to be done according to the manual. When you tell them they change what needs to be done. I think everyone is right though, that not much has to be done at 4k. The book might even say that you don't have to change oil til 8k, but its a better idea to change it every 4k. To change the oil all you really need is 4-5 quarts of oil(can't remember if you need 3.5 or 4.5, its about 11.95/qt from a dealer), oil filter($15?), socket wrench, wrench, bucket to catch the oil, socket extension(because to reach your oil filter you'll have to go behind your front tire), and the extension/attachment you'll use to remove the oil filter. Also the book says you should replace the washer, but I didn't mainly cuz I didn't have a new one. You should try changing the oil yourself just to see how it is, because I'm pretty sure its not even required according to the manual. All that other stuff in the book seems pretty minor and you shouldn't have to pay $300+ for it...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

May 13, 2004, 01:46 PM

Your valves are still probably ok, clean your air filter, oil/filter change, check/clean/adjust chain. You're DONE!

And change your oil more frequently than 4k pls.

Ali
  Send a message via AIM to