DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 516
0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
954 Farings
Unread
  (#1)
Retired to most ...

954 Farings - February 1, 2006, 12:44 PM

Aight peoples. the time has come to fix the beast. I'm in need of a few things to bring my bike back to being pretty again.

I'm having an issue finding the front farring painted in the titanium color at a decent price. I also need the farring stay and a left mirror. I can through Honda Direct out of Miami for the farring but they take forever and they are not much cheaper then ordering it through a shop up here and getting it faster.

Also, I need new frame sliders and I've never had to buy a set before. Which ones are good to get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and this thread can do without the "why fix it since you'll only wreck it again" comments.

Thanks peoples!!

Also if you're wondering what the titanium color looks like, that's the same bike I have in my avatar!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#2)
noise

February 1, 2006, 01:03 PM

inturace.com for sliders as one of the many choices.... LP sliders I've seen work pretty well, too!

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

February 1, 2006, 01:13 PM

Another option is to find a "cheap" set on eBay, have a paint shop match the color and apply new graphics.

As far as frame sliders go... Remember "functional" is better then "bling". A mount that will prevent frame damage is key. Additionally, a standard puck type slider (plastic/nylon type material) is better then say aluminum.... These appear to be an effective, quality design.... http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...59-SATO-6.html

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Retired to most ...

February 1, 2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Another option is to find a "cheap" set on eBay, have a paint shop match the color and apply new graphics.

As far as frame sliders go... Remember "functional" is better then "bling". A mount that will prevent frame damage is key. Additionally, a standard puck type slider (plastic/nylon type material) is better then say aluminum.... These appear to be an effective, quality design.... http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...59-SATO-6.html
I like the fame silders you posted Nate. As for the farring matching that paint is a pain in the ass. It's a limited edition color and it's hard to match according to several paint guys I know. I only want to replace the Front farring/farring stay and mirror so it looks clean again and I don't get all the wind vibration and rattling around. Any help there?

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#5)
Typical Stripper

February 1, 2006, 01:39 PM

Seriously? Youre getting smoke blown up your ass. YR183MTitanium MetallicHere is the color. You can also have a shop do a color scan on it. Otherwise, pay the money. Or look on eBay for the few months until your eyes bleed.

A fairing stay can be had off eBay, try calling some salvage places too... if you want a deal youre going to have to do some legwork, or again, just pay the money. I know that some 929/954 parts are interchangable... See what is.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
noise

February 1, 2006, 01:46 PM

i would have to agree a bosyshop SHOULD be able to mix the paint as long as you have the color code as listed above! Shoot, WAGONWORKS in Arlington can paint your fairing once you get it!

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
  Send a message via AIM to