DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
0 members and 542 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
unapologetic

February 1, 2005, 05:34 PM

Just droppin a line out there to see if there are any 51 twin riders out there that are on the board. I'm asking because I have not seen any at any function yet, but I keep seeing the same two or three in/around Centerville any time it's nice out. My Jeep is too slow to catch them and in troduce myself. I'm also looking for people that have experimented with different setups and equipment on an RC, as I am looking to start customizing mine. Thanks for the help......
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
February 1, 2005, 06:02 PM

Nova 51racer is probably the easiest to get ahold of there are others but they tend to just lurk. I can think of three right now.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#3)
DFL

February 1, 2005, 09:21 PM

What's up Hollywood? Nice bike

I'm one of the lurkers here. I drive an 02 RC around Arlington. The only mod I've done to it so far is put a full Jardine exhaust on. Absolutely love the exhaust, not only does it sound great but it filled in the lulls in the power band below 30 mph. Almost completely eliminated the low speed "lurching".

What kind of mods are you thinking about?
Unread
  (#4)
Brainwash Your Face!

February 2, 2005, 07:12 AM

Yeah, NOVARACER51 and Frost ride RC51's.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#5)
unapologetic

February 2, 2005, 04:31 PM

Hey norm-rvt, what's up? Thanks for the response. I've got a full erion set on, and you're right, it probably took the lull right out of low speeds(just like the 520 kit did). I'm the second owner, it was already on when I got it. I'm trying to see if anybody has put on any rear sets, and if so, what kind. I found some by Sato, but that's it so far. I'm also having a hell of a time finding some spare wheels or a single piece rear euro tail( or one that will work with my already existing eliminator kit). Any feedback would be appreciated.
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

March 6, 2005, 06:46 AM

I know i'm a little late on this post but better late than never.....
yes i ride a RC51 also and i love it.
Hey some of my v-twin freinds and i are trying to get a v-twin only ride on the 20th of march.its not just for RC51's but all sport V's.
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

March 7, 2005, 09:29 AM

i did ride one a 2002 RC.. but i gave it to the wife. She would be up for a ride... just PM with a date and i'll pass it on..
'
Unread
  (#8)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 7, 2005, 09:42 AM

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this post!

I have done a few modifications to my 2001 Honda RC51 and looking to do some more...what kind of questions do you have?

I currently have it setup with Race Only Micron CF Exhaust System, Power Commander II, 520 Chain with 15-41 setup, Pirelli Diablo Corsa Super Soft tires, HRC Brake pads, steel braided brake lines, etc etc.

Looking to buy HRC Radiator as recently found a HRC distributor that will sell items to me cheap for the RC51!

Anyways..if you and the other RC51 riders ever want to get together just hit me up..my cell is 703-501-4703!

C ya Around!

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#9)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 7, 2005, 09:44 AM

Also...forgot to mention...ANYTHING SATO is good for the RC51!

Definetely get the Sato rear sets and if you can...switch out your exhaust for either the Sato's or Micron as they have been tested to produce the most mid-high end power over all of the other exhausts.

As for finding extra wheels and such...EBAY is the answer.
I get a lot of my parts off of EBAY!

CCS #133 AM

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#10)
BE ENCOURAGED!

March 7, 2005, 09:45 AM

I ride an 03' RC51. I haven't done any mods yet, but am probably getting ready to redo the forks & brake lines. I hear it make a huge difference on that bike.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#11)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 7, 2005, 10:45 AM

Definetely by changing out the brake lines and clutch line with Steel braided lines makes a HUGE difference. The first thing you should do to your RC51 is change out both the clutch line and brake lines with steel braided lines and work on the suspension.

CCS #133 AM

Unread
  (#12)
MSF Student

March 17, 2005, 08:29 AM

Hey folks. I have an 2002 RC in the Manassas area. And I have seen enough RC's that I have not met. I have the hi mount Moriwaki pipes, red and black leathers, etc. I am hoping to meet a couple of the other RC's around here too. I know a couple of the guys I ride with, and race with at Summit Point. Give me a shout at tannerc22@yahoo.com.

I have done the following mod's

Moriwaki TI Hi mounts
PS3USB
Eurbikes undertail and Hugger
Tankslapper Pro kit
LP Flush mounts
Goodridge Front and rear Stainless lines
Harris Pro Sliders

Race plastics are on the way, and then I get to paint them a wicked color scheme. I can't wait for Summit Point this year.
Unread
  (#13)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 17, 2005, 09:56 AM

Unfortunately this year I will have to sell my RC51 as I have to repair my truck..but I'll still have my 600RR to race and do track days with...but if you all ever want to get together and talk about the RC's..let me know!

Once I sell mine...I plan on buying another one this Fall!
Have to repair my truck first..and then buy my house!

CCS #133 AM

Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

March 17, 2005, 10:06 AM

NovaRC51Racer. You don't happen to have an extra fuel tank for the RC51 do ya. I am looking for an extra track day tank.
Unread
  (#15)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 18, 2005, 10:18 PM

I have one to. Brand new, Just can't ride it. Torn disc in back