DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 505
0 members and 505 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

June 19, 2003, 07:55 PM

Hey all..

Just checking in to see if any of you have any suggestions for a nice sounding pipe for an F4i. In my ideal world, it would sound like the throaty twin my old roommate had, but I've learned to focus on the obtainable. Anything other than the sewing-machine like stutter I have now will probably suffice.

I was looking for sound clips online and didn't find much, so if ya have an example I'd love to hear it!!

Does this bike make my butt look fast??

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
--Drew Carey
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to ...aRushOfRed Send a message via Yahoo to ...aRushOfRed  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

June 20, 2003, 07:36 AM

I have a Two Bros. oval slip-on on my F4. I really like it. I don't have a sound byte for you though. I'll see what I can do.

Only thing I have heard that I liked better (on an inline) was the Leo Vince on an R6. I DO have a sound byte for that.
http://www.garber-is.com/sbn/R6/leo%20vinci%20pipe.mpg

I think they have one for the F4i, but there listings use the European models.
http://www.leovince.com/sbk/tabelle/ovali.html

[Edited on 20/6/2003 by kwayzeeyt]

http://www.mozilla.org/images/product-firefox.pngUse Firefox - Rediscover the Web

KwayZeeyT - (k-way-z-t) adj. To be slightly off or otherwise "Travis-like".

"I don't trust you... but in a good way." - Kim
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to kwayzeeyt Send a message via Yahoo to kwayzeeyt Send a message via AIM to kwayzeeyt Send a message via MSN to kwayzeeyt  
Unread
  (#3)
Upgraded: Phat 636

June 20, 2003, 07:50 AM

Try this site:
http://www.twbros.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to phatf3  
Unread
  (#4)
Serial Killer

June 20, 2003, 07:58 AM

I've got a Two Brothers on mine right now, but it is being replaced with a Micron. I got clipped by another bike and the pipe got damaged, but the Two Bros sounds GREAT. I've also heard a Yoshimura Tri-Oval Race slip-on that sounded pretty good too. I would have went with another Two Bros, but the Micron sound is comparable, and I just like the way it looks better than the TBR.

I used to know a great website that had sound clips for all bunch of bikes and pipes, but I cant find it. If you want to hear the two bros, check out www.twobros.com they have some sound clips there

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

June 20, 2003, 09:01 AM

You could always get a D&D exhaust. Just make sure to remove the logo plate from the exhaust can, it makes them sound 100% better. Just ask GoGo, his UberChicken used to be loud and obnoxious, but now it sounds deep and mellow... just by taking the logos off!

http://www.mozilla.org/images/product-firefox.pngUse Firefox - Rediscover the Web

KwayZeeyT - (k-way-z-t) adj. To be slightly off or otherwise "Travis-like".

"I don't trust you... but in a good way." - Kim
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to kwayzeeyt Send a message via Yahoo to kwayzeeyt Send a message via AIM to kwayzeeyt Send a message via MSN to kwayzeeyt  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 20, 2003, 10:02 PM

I have a Jardine street baffle and it is a little on the quiet side compared to most but sounds good. Not akrapovic deep but just mellow. If you are going to be at the shootout at Fast-Lanes this weekend you can hear it.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

June 20, 2003, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I have a Jardine street baffle and it is a little on the quiet side compared to most but sounds good. Not akrapovic deep but just mellow. If you are going to be at the shootout at Fast-Lanes this weekend you can hear it.
JARDINE BABY!!!!! f3pilot, I dont know why yours aint loud, but mine is considerably loud (has a sort-of a nice thoaty sound, and loud too!)

rajmeister

97 GSX-R600
Check it out HERE
[img=265x168] http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6sewk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/DCSBN_sig.jpg[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rajmeister Send a message via MSN to rajmeister  
Unread
  (#8)
Serial Killer

June 20, 2003, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
JARDINE BABY!!!!! f3pilot, I dont know why yours aint loud, but mine is considerably loud (has a sort-of a nice thoaty sound, and loud too!)

street baffle is not as loud as the race baffle. your pipe might have the race baffle in it...

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

June 20, 2003, 10:58 PM

Maybe it is just the Honda's. Is your's steet or race?
Unread
  (#10)
Railing!

June 20, 2003, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Maybe it is just the Honda's. Is your's steet or race?
How do I find out???.....I think its race, but not sure.

rajmeister

97 GSX-R600
Check it out HERE
[img=265x168] http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6sewk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/DCSBN_sig.jpg[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rajmeister Send a message via MSN to rajmeister  
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

June 20, 2003, 11:19 PM

I suppose you would need the part # and check w/ Jardine, but if you say it's loud then most likely it's the race. I tested mine w/ a sound level meter when I switched and 3' from the outlet at 45 deg the stock was 86db, the slip-on was 91db, not much louder. But without a pipe it was 102db. All at idle. :jdsmilie:

[Edited on 21/6/2003 by f3pilot]
Unread
  (#12)
Knee Draggin!

June 21, 2003, 10:44 AM

Abby...I have a Micron on mine and I really like the sound. You can ask f3pilot his opinion of it too since he put it on for me. Its definitely a step up from the low hum of a stock pipe, but not so much its obnoxious. I also think they look pretty sharo. I will probably be at the shootout too (if its not raining) and you are welcome to take a listen.

- D

I know I wasn't doing 205 your honor, because my bike topped out at 145 last week......" *pauses* "I need NAWS."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onenamlynn Send a message via AIM to onenamlynn  
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

June 23, 2003, 08:12 PM

I like the 2Bros!!!

I was planning to go to the horsepower shootout on Sunday, but something happened Saturday night... maybe it was the 16 shots including Todd's wonderful mix of vodka, lemons, and 151. Anyways, I missed it... I think checking out the pipes on a dyno would be a pretty cool way to check out the range. Hopefull there will be another one soon.... and I'll try to remember to do less shots beforehand

I have such pipe envy.

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
--Drew Carey
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to ...aRushOfRed Send a message via Yahoo to ...aRushOfRed  
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

June 23, 2003, 10:56 PM

I like my Jardine but forgot how well onenamlynn's Micron sounded. I shouldn't say mine is quiet, I guess it is average. But the micron was deeper, sounds very good.
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

June 24, 2003, 10:41 PM

D-- I loved the micron. I'll definitely have to take a closer look at those pipes-- I don't see many around so sometimes I forget about em. Ooops.

F3pilot... it looked great. Where do you work? Is installing slip-ons a hobby or a career? Let me know...

--Drew Carey