DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
0 members and 532 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
CBR 600 RR

January 17, 2006, 03:39 PM

Im beginning to get a little worried now that I have a new RR coming in next week. I've had a few friends whose bikes have been stolen or vandalized while trying to be stolen. Any ideas of crap I could get to help eliminate it getting lifted?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Buellin'  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

January 17, 2006, 03:41 PM

Yeah, a garage.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

January 17, 2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellin'
Im beginning to get a little worried now that I have a new RR coming in next week. I've had a few friends whose bikes have been stolen or vandalized while trying to be stolen. Any ideas of crap I could get to help eliminate it getting lifted?
Do you have access to a garage or storage unit? If you have the bike outside it will be tough to properly secure the bike.
Make sure you have insurance on the bike as well...as far as locks and such I'm sure people here will have info.

What exactly is your concern? Are you looking for advice as far as storing the bike or protection from having the bike when you are out riding?

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
CBR 600 RR

January 17, 2006, 03:55 PM

Im not too concerned about parking over night, since I have a parking garage at my apartment.

But like, even now, on my shitty bike, if i take it to a friends place in DC or whatever at night and park it on the street or whatever for a few hours, im always scared when i come back of whether it will be there or not.

Is this a childish concern? Like nothing big to worry about? Or is there a lock or something i could get.

As for insurance, i have Comp insurance incase of theft.
It will be parked in a parking garage.
I keep my wheel locked.

Anything else i could do though?
Unread
  (#5)
One and Only

January 17, 2006, 04:00 PM

Get one of those expensive alarms. I heard they work pretty well.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#6)
True Riyduh

January 17, 2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody

Keep it out of plain site as much as possible... Kryptonite NY Fuggedaboutit chain to a stationary object, INCONSPICUOUS bike cover, scorpio alarm, disc locks..... all very good DETERRANTS.

Shoot, from what I hear GARAGES even fall in that category....

Bottom line is to do what you can to reasonably secure your bike, but HAVE COMP INSURANCE regardless, because anyone will tell you... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it....

Try a storage unit as well....

There really is much more you can do...

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#7)
One and Only

January 17, 2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Luva
Quote:

Keep it out of plain site as much as possible... Kryptonite NY Fuggedaboutit chain to a stationary object, INCONSPICUOUS bike cover, scorpio alarm, disc locks..... all very good DETERRANTS.

Shoot, from what I hear GARAGES even fall in that category....

Bottom line is to do what you can to reasonably secure your bike, but HAVE COMP INSURANCE regardless, because anyone will tell you... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it....

Try a storage unit as well....

There really is much more you can do...
Don't fucking roll your eyes. I was being serious. The Scorpio or Scorpion alarm is quality, from what I have heard.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#8)
True Riyduh

January 17, 2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Don't fucking roll your eyes. I was being serious. The Scorpio or Scorpion alarm is quality, from what I have heard.
rrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii igggggggggggghhhhhhhhhtttttttt.....

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#9)
Retired to most ...

January 17, 2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
You're such a dick Lee.

As far as parking over night or something is a risk we all take in owning a bike. Since we can't watch our bikes 24 7 there is always going to be danger involved in leaving it out. Your best bet is to make it as untractive to a thief to steal it as possible. When I say that i don't mean ride a piece so no one will want it. I mean put wheel locks on it when your parked for long periods of time and the bike is out of your sight. An alarm is a great idea and will scare off most thief's. Lock the steering. As Devious said make sure there is full coverage insurance on your bike. If it's stolen and damaged your covered when it is recovered. If it is stolen and never recovered your covered for that amount. In any case if you have access to a grage or storage unit USE IT.

That is really all you can do since it's not hard to steal a bike but like I said before, it's a risk we all take.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#10)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
January 17, 2006, 05:07 PM

Ikept my FZR in my bedroom

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

January 17, 2006, 10:57 PM

Locks only seperate the punks from the thieves...

Good thing you have comprehensive coverage. Some dealerships sell additional coverage against theft protection, as well as other products that you can actually benefit from, in the event that your bike is stolen...

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific  
Unread
  (#12)
Super Moderator

January 18, 2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellin'

Out of sight..Out of mind. Keep it off the streets if possible overnight. Parking garages are known to have bikes stolen out of. I know its a pain in the ass ut keep it somewhere thats hidden like a garage.

Alarms, Lojack, lock and all that stuff are good deterrants but when theres a will, theres a way.GET FULL COVERAGE!!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

January 18, 2006, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Ikept my FZR in my bedroom
I'd sleep with my bitch if I could roll her up the steps. To be dead honest with you an alarm and chain might be close to as much of a deterrent as a garage. A thief will usually only take whats easiest and quickest to take. They DO NOT start your bike and ride it off most of the time, they drag it off the curb and toss it in a truck or van and 30 seconds later no bike there.

Im getting LoJack and a scorpio alarm and a bullbar on my truck to deal with this.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
CBR 600 RR

January 18, 2006, 09:23 AM

What do you guys think of that xena disc lock/alarm thing they got going on?

its 75 bucks. worth it?
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

January 18, 2006, 10:04 AM

I had it... if I hadn't been a dumbass and left it in my trunk of my gixxer it wouldnt have been stolen along with it.
That fuckin thing is LOUD and SHRILL. There is absolutely no way they would have been able to take my bike without it waking me up and it will go off for hours. I liked it. I'm getting something onboard this time though. Scorpio with the pager. And you'd better be damn sure I'll be outside with a Glock 23 .40 cal under my shirt if it goes off.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B