DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
1 members and 545 guests
nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Honda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Pleased to meet me

June 22, 2005, 12:28 PM

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21june05_wcc&honda.htm

Love him or hate him, his stuff is hot:

We'll see.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 22, 2005, 01:25 PM

Should have keep the longer front forks, chopper style. Other than that, it's hot. Even for a Honda.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#3)
Pleased to meet me

June 22, 2005, 01:52 PM

Pretty sure he was going for a cafe racer style. I hear kawi is trying to get Carrot Top to join their design team. Now that would be a step forward for them.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

June 22, 2005, 03:12 PM

is this another Harley Wannabeeeeee

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#5)
Pleased to meet me

June 22, 2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
Hey now, I have an HD (Buell) motor so I feel justified in saying…..

Mr. Honda’s 1970s technology is far superior. I think Honda will reverse engineer it for sound and bad reliability
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 22, 2005, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadambusiness
Quote:

Mr. Honda’s 1970s technology is far superior. I think Honda will reverse engineer it for sound and bad reliability
you give too much credit to Mr Honda, the way people defend foreign bikes i think i am in japan sometimes.
Mr Honda had Americans finance his factory and American engineers that design the factory. if you watch the history channel or have a granpa that serve during the war you would know we rebuilt japan.
if you want to talk about reliability, just look at car engines, the HEMI will outlast any foreign engine.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#7)
Pleased to meet me

June 22, 2005, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you give too much credit to Mr Honda, the way people defend foreign bikes i think i am in japan sometimes.
Mr Honda had Americans finance his factory and American engineers that design the factory. if you watch the history channel or have a granpa that serve during the war you would know we rebuilt japan.
if you want to talk about reliability, just look at car engines, the HEMI will outlast any foreign engine.

Hey, let's talk about Jesse James and Honda.

For the record: Grandfather was a Vet. Refused to buy a non-American car but never said a word about my non-American bikes. Little thing called free will and respect.

So saying Honda builds a great product is now unpatriotic? So buying the HD piggy bank made in China is a bad thing? My KTM is made in Austria. Does that make it a bad motorcycle or me a bad person? Maybe I should have bought a slow, fat, overpriced Buell and joined HOG to prove my love for HD and our great country.

Look past nationalities and talk about the great thing called motorcycling. Finally, I only wear Vanson jackets. Not because it’s made in Massachusetts, but because it’s the best. Now, let me get off this soapbox.
Unread
  (#8)
DT
Yesssssss.....

June 23, 2005, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn buell - I know people slam you alot - nothing wrong with love for your country bro.

However - American cars??? Fuck that. I'd buy an American Truck, but I've owned Hondas for most of my life - Accords or Civics and will probably never buy another car (except for my Audi...).

True we rebuild Japan, but after that we should have started taking notes. I have a friend who has a Harley - know how many times I ride with him??? Never. Every time I call his bike's in the shop. So.... It's not a pride thing, just a matter of good or bad investment.

And my gramps was a Vietnam Vet and the other WWII. I still love my Japanese bikes and cars. Why?? Because I can pound the crap out of them and they'll always keep going. It's simple. Why spend 9grand for something that's in the shop just for a nametag.

Which might be cool but - while you're standing outside your shop with your HD jacket hanging on and drinking coffee with all your HD buddies congratulating each other for remaining true to the American name, waiting for your bikes to get fixed, MY American, former Army ass will be out RIDING on my Japanese Honda without one remorse.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#9)
Go Skins!!

June 23, 2005, 09:15 AM

If honda builds a chopper I will be first in line!!!

SECOND PLACE IS JUST THE

FIRST LOSER!!!!