DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
4 members and 550 guests
beatle, davidcycle, Nobrains, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Mini Motards & Pocket Bikes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

November 11, 2004, 09:24 PM

Alright i got one of these pocket bikes i think its the x5 model. Anyway i have had mad problems since the day i got it. First day i got exhaust for it and it worked ok, but then by the next day it just got worse and worse! MY STUPID BIKE WILL NOT START AT ALL! Then the stupid starter started to act weird and then it stoped working. We thought it was a flaw in the wiring on the bike so i decided to gut all the wiring on it. Still woulndt start unless you flood the whole engine with tons of starting fluid in it and it would start and run good but as soon as you shut it off might as well put it away beacuase their was no way in hell it would start back up! I thought it was a problem in the carb so i put my friends carb that he took of his yesterday on it that worked perfect on his, and now that shit will start SOMETIMES but once you take the choke off it wont do crap. Then it wont start back up at all and then i start the process all over again! Every time i take the plug out its got abunch of oil on it and i have to dry it out. Im using about 27-1 fuel mixture and i have messed with the air/fuel screw non stop to. It wont do crap.

So as is right now it will start with alot of pulling non stop and alot of starting fluid sometimes, and it will idel but as soon as you take the choke off it will die. Ive messed with the air/fuel non stop and i cant figure out what the problem is! PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)

November 11, 2004, 09:25 PM

I just cleaned the carb out and put it back together. I got it to run for alitle but as soon as you take off the choke it wants to die for some reason like its not getting enough fuel once it starts to suck more air. I let it sit for a little and now it wont start back up again.
Unread
  (#3)
Addicted to farm animals

November 12, 2004, 04:41 AM

If that thing is a 2 stroke the first thing I would do is check the plug. May be fouled. OR could possibly have a cracked reed. It is 2 stroke right if you mixing the gas????

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#4)

March 15, 2005, 08:45 PM

man i know how it feels its so fucking gay the 2 stroke shit if u get a pocket bike make shure its a reed engine plus its best to have a 47cc there good i had the same shyt ass u i returned it and got a r1 replica
Unread
  (#5)
WULF PAK NOVA RYDAZ

March 15, 2005, 09:45 PM

well first thing to do is swap ur fuel lines sometimes the come in the opposite side from where they are supposed to be and then try it agian that was the problem with normans pocket bike!!! also adjust the air fuel ratio close the screw all the way and screw it out 2 and a half turns!! that should help

-juan-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kotic-zx Send a message via AIM to kotic-zx  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

March 15, 2005, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amel5767
man i know how it feels its so fucking gay the 2 stroke shit if u get a pocket bike make shure its a reed engine plus its best to have a 47cc there good i had the same shyt ass u i returned it and got a r1 replica
holy incoherence batman!

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.