DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 573
2 members and 571 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, pnbell
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Track Daze

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dominion Raceway Aug 18th
Unread
  (#1)
Can't Find the Ditch

Smile Dominion Raceway Aug 18th - May 18, 2018, 05:03 PM

Anyone riding DR Aug 18th? Does anyone know any other groups that ride at DR besides TPM?

Thanks
Sean

06 Honda F4I #36-Bought it back!
First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
thanksfornothing.org

May 19, 2018, 02:12 PM

This is not really a TD. They aren't going to let people get up to normal race pace.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Can't Find the Ditch

May 19, 2018, 03:11 PM

Why's that? What do you know as this will be my first time back to the track in years and its literally 20 minutes from my house.

First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
Unread
  (#4)
thanksfornothing.org

May 19, 2018, 03:49 PM

The track has safety issues due to design. This isn't going to be like a normal TD like summit point etc.

I was excited about the new track as well. Then saw all TD orgs removed from their schedules.

From TPM site:

https://ridetpm.com/dr_art_core.php

The DR circuit has a few areas where street wise caution should be exercised, and may not attract specific riders looking toward racing or the like. For this TPM intends to allow those wanting to ride briskly, yet hold margins of error and caution that of a street rider would see fit

* Every rider in both groups will attend introductory classroom sessions and ride on the track in COACH led sessions. The classroom sessions will cover both Domonion Raceway's layout and riding skills training.

The one good thing is it's only $140 to ride. Depending on your pace, you may be cool with this.

Last edited by CCS762ZX6; May 19, 2018 at 03:58 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
Can't Find the Ditch

May 19, 2018, 04:19 PM

CCS thanks man, missed that. I'll do it anyways cause its close to home and then most likely switch back to Summit, but that damn 2 hour drive lol..

First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

Unread
  (#6)
thanksfornothing.org

May 20, 2018, 06:19 PM

yeah I would be out there too to explore a new track but unfortunately I won't enjoy it if I'm not running at normal pace..

Have fun! If you can't make it remember there is still room for all skill levels in the MARRC track day this Friday.

Tags
dominion raceway