DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 481
10 members and 471 guests
BlackHatch, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Dark, DocZ, fxc3700, Leoallafila, otb, sk8nsanta, Slider, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Track Daze

LinkBack Thread Tools
NCBike TPM and MotorcycleXcitement
Unread
  (#1)
Track Day addict

NCBike TPM and MotorcycleXcitement - February 27, 2017, 12:33 PM

So I was looking through possible track days for next season and noticed several of the NCBike days were booked by both TPM and MotorcycleXcitement. I sent a message off to TPM and discovered that in fact the organizations are sharing NCBike on a number of days this season.

Depending on how you look at it, it could be a good thing (more choices, more coaches, more available days with your favorite org), or a bad thing if you really don't like one of the orgs I guess. To the best of my knowledge the air fence is provided by NCBike, so you don't have to worry about having it up or not. It is always up no matter what org is renting the track.

See you all out there this year. The season is almost here, so get your bike prepared now. With this crazy weather March could be great for track riding.

Dale - 1991 550 Zephyr, 2001 FZ1, 2003 R1 track, 2007 Tuono
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Signed up for Track Days!

February 27, 2017, 01:53 PM

I didn't make it out to NCBIKE last year, but I'm hoping to add it to my list of tracks this year.

I wonder how it works with multiple organizations there on a single day. Obviously they're not going to have 6-8 different groups on a day, are they?
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

February 27, 2017, 05:48 PM

The problem is that there are a bunch of people with MotoXcitement in advanced group that should not be in advanced group. TPM is fairly consistent on who they bump up, so you are not running into people parking it in corners.

I am all for orgs making money and staying in business, but there needs to be a more clear disparity in terms of lap times between groups that should be shared across the orgs.
NCBike TPM and MotorcycleXcitement
Unread
  (#4)
Track Day addict

NCBike TPM and MotorcycleXcitement - February 27, 2017, 05:59 PM

Hopefully with both orgs being there they will be able to have enough coaches in Advanced to sort it out in the first two sessions. It isn't all about lap times either. A good smooth consistent rider on a stock motor SV650 and an average guy a 1299 could be running the same lap time. I would much rather be riding with the guy on the SV and not just because I could kick his butt on the straight.

Unread
  (#5)
thanksfornothing.org

February 28, 2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blueyam View Post
It isn't all about lap times either. A good smooth consistent rider on a stock motor SV650 and an average guy a 1299 could be running the same lap time.

This is what should be getting riders bumped up. They're quick AND ride smooth. That's what keeps things safe.

https://www.facebook.com/ratinfested

DOMESTIC TERROR

Ordained Minister - I do weddings / funerals, make holy water, and park in clergy parking spaces.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Track Day addict

February 28, 2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
This is what should be getting riders bumped up. They're quick AND ride smooth. That's what keeps things safe.
Generally I think we are in agreement. In the following hypothetical scenario you have a guy on a stock motor SV650 and a guy on a 1299 and both are running fast enough to be passing 85% of the people in intermediate and riding safely and making safe passes. In my mind it would be around a 90% probability that the guy on the SV is ready for a bump and 60% probability of the guy on the 1299 is ready for a bump. You could argue those percentages are off a bit, but I would hope we would agree on the general terms that the guy on the slower bike going just as fast is probably the better rider and will be less likely to hold advanced riders up on the corners, so it isn't all about lap times.

btw: This is from someone that rides a 140HP 2003 R1 per the last time it was at the dyno back in 2010, so closer to the 1299 than the SV in straight line speed.

I am in that grey area. I can go out in Intermediate and pass most everyone on track in most orgs (N2 being the exception, where I still pass a many, but still get passed by a few). I can go out in Advanced and only pass 1 to 4 riders per session. I am comfortable and can have fun in either group. If my goal was to become faster, I would probably have hunted down coaches to make sure I got bumps and always run Advanced. My goals are: be safe, have fun, become a better rider. Go faster isn't even in the list. I discovered that I do better at all three remaining goals by removing the go faster goal.

Unread
  (#7)
Triumph-ant

March 2, 2017, 10:04 AM

What trackdays are you planning to attend? I'm thinking of hitting up NCBike on March-26.

Was hoping there were some events at Summit Point this month. But looks like they're scheduled for late April, early May

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i
Unread
  (#8)
Track Day addict

March 2, 2017, 02:54 PM

My NCBike weekends are generally weather dependent. I will go down for Sat, Sun or both depending on how the weather forecast looks. Summit Point could get snow in March, so understandable why no motorcycle track days there. It is easy to forget that with the mild winter we have had.

I am thinking of March 25th at NCB. If the weather is significantly better for the 26th, I will go down for that and live with a bit of lost track time while TPM races the little bikes.

NCBike April 8 / 9

Summit Main April 21-22 with my friend who is flying in. I will be out on my street Tuono while he is on my track only R1.

Unread
  (#9)
Triumph-ant

March 2, 2017, 04:10 PM

My typo. I meant the 25th.

April is iffy for me but Summit Point is practically in my backyard. Ill put it on the schedule

1996 GS500E - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i
Unread
  (#10)
Signed up for Track Days!

March 4, 2017, 12:32 AM

EvolveGT and MX shared a weekend at NCBIKE once late last year. Apparently the MX days got washed out so they did a joint thing for the riders who could do another weekend. They just ran the three classes like normal while using EvolveGT rules. I imagine the same thing will happen at those events. The rules of the trackday will be according to the org that is "hosting" that weekend.
Unread
  (#11)
Track Day addict

March 20, 2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_the_man View Post
My typo. I meant the 25th.

April is iffy for me but Summit Point is practically in my backyard. Ill put it on the schedule
I just signed up for March 25th.

I signed up for Advanced group with RL MX, but I still have the Red Group sticker on the bike from TPM, so I will be a good test of how they handle that. I predict confusion and either being up in I group or asked to cover or remove my TPM sticker. As stated above, I will have no issues running in either group. How funny would it be to go out in Intermediate and get a bump from TPM when I am not even a member of their org this year.

Unread
  (#12)
Triumph-ant

March 20, 2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I just signed up for March 25th.

I signed up for Advanced group with RL MX, but I still have the Red Group sticker on the bike from TPM, so I will be a good test of how they handle that. I predict confusion and either being up in I group or asked to cover or remove my TPM sticker. As stated above, I will have no issues running in either group. How funny would it be to go out in Intermediate and get a bump from TPM when I am not even a member of their org this year.
I'm actually going on April 15th with 15 other guys. Half of them will be new to the track.

If you decide to run on that date as well come to our camp! We'll have a BBQ going and it'll be a good time

1996 GS500E - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i
Unread
  (#13)
Track Day addict

March 20, 2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_the_man View Post
I'm actually going on April 15th with 15 other guys. Half of them will be new to the track.

If you decide to run on that date as well come to our camp! We'll have a BBQ going and it'll be a good time
That is the weekend I won't be going to the track. Too bad as it sounds like a good time. I am looking at going back down to NCBike on April 8 and/or 9th depending on weather.

I will be at Summit Main for the N2 / EvolveGT days April 21/22 with my friend from Wisconsin. I will be out on my Tuono and loaning him my track bike. I have to get new tires mounted on the R1, shift changed to GP, water wetter replacing the Engine Ice, put his # on the R1, repack the trailer, get fuel for 2 bikes and the genny, and last minute track prep on my Tuono street bike (taping, unplugging or removing lights and mirrors including minor wiring to avoid dash faults, taping a number on). No time to run the 15th and get all that done before Thursday evening.

Unread
  (#14)
thanksfornothing.org

April 5, 2017, 09:29 AM

Just noticed TPM is doing three days on Summit Main 4/14 - 4/16. That's dope. I might stay for two days..

If anyone is looking to buy some Pirellis I'm gonna put an order in Friday we can combine and save some $ on shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/ratinfested

DOMESTIC TERROR

Ordained Minister - I do weddings / funerals, make holy water, and park in clergy parking spaces.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
GDMFSOB

April 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I will be at Summit Main for the N2 / EvolveGT ....., water wetter replacing the Engine Ice,
They do not allow Engine Ice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
Just noticed TPM is doing three days on Summit Main 4/14 - 4/16. That's dope. I might stay for two days..

If anyone is looking to buy some Pirellis I'm gonna put an order in Friday we can combine and save some $ on shipping.
Your hand healing up? Heard you busted up your paw.

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.