DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
2 members and 521 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Buell 1125R is FFFast
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Buell 1125R is FFFast - November 1, 2007, 03:33 PM

sorry I have taken so long to post this up, but here are some pics for the none believers.
track day at VIR was awsome I was moved from beginner to intermediate on my second session.
this bike is fast and I could over 160 easily as I went by an R6 on the straight without a problem but my biggest surprise was how even better the corner grabs. Its like being on rails. the Sliper clutch as some people have refered to it is easy noticible when you make a mistake and notice how the rear tire does not lock on you. the clutch is smooth so that takes care for the people that did not like the clutch on the XBs.

The scoops on the side as some people have referd to it, which i was not too happy about changed my mind when I saw it in person. they don't stick out, they are anout 1.5" thick thats all and that is where the radiotors are. the braking system is even better with its 8 piston caliper and ZLT rotor gives quick stoping and extremely smooth. I was braking at 600 feet as i entered turn 1 with my xb, with the 1125r i was able to lower it to 300 feet and got out of the corner way faster. I have to admit that my xb has been a great bike but compared to the 1125R is simply no contest. This bike is a beast. I am glad Buell desigend the mufler underneath as they have with all the XBs. Its nice to see how all the rest of bike companies have tried to copy this from Buell.

Buell was awsome, got free lunch, drinks, use of leathers, free bike to test the whole day,lol

I am glad Buell is doing the same thing Ducati does for their existing bike owners.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

November 1, 2007, 03:54 PM

Hey decent post dude!

Love it or hate it...you gotta give them props for putting on an event liek that. Sounds like you had a blast...(har har pun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

November 1, 2007, 04:14 PM

Great post Bill. I can't see the pictures for some reason dude.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

November 1, 2007, 04:15 PM

Pwned by the firewall B.....

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#5)
Ling Long

November 1, 2007, 06:26 PM

The buell has 8 piston calipers?

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#6)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

November 1, 2007, 06:36 PM

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

November 1, 2007, 11:15 PM

For those who have a hard time reading Buells' posts I have done my best to clean it up a bit.

Buell thanks for posting this up. Ascetics aside, the 1125R has me very excited.

For all the haters, name one company who hit a home run in their first 10 years. Let alone in this market, where technology has bikes leap frogging each other every two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
Sorry I have taken so long to post this up, but here are some pics for the none believers.

The track day at VIR was awesome. I was moved from beginner to intermediate on my second session.

This bike is fast! I could reach over 160 indicated easily. I went by an R6 on the front straight without a problem.

My biggest surprise was how much corner grip the bike offered. It was like being on rails.

The 'Slipper Clutch' as some have referred to it, is easily noticeable when you make a mistake, and the rear doesn't lock. The clutch action is smooth, so much so that it compensates for the XBs and address all the issues that were raised about the clutch on the XBs.

The air scoops on the side, which I was not too happy about, were not as bad in person. They don't stick out as much as the images would lead you to believe, they are only about 1.5" thick; that's all. These scoops house the radiators.

The braking system is even better that the XB's. With its 8 piston caliper and ZLT rotor, the 1125R gives immediate stopping power and extremely smooth porgression. I was braking at 600 feet as I entered turn 1 with my XB, with the 1125R, I was able to brake at 300 feet, and got out of the corner much faster.

I have to admit that my XB has been a great bike, but compared to the 1125R, there is simply no contest. This bike is a beast!

I am glad Buell designed the muffler underneath the engine, as they had with all the XBs. Its nice to see how all the rest of bike companies have moved towards this.

Buell was awesome, they ran a great track day and demo, I got a free lunch, drinks, use of leathers, and a free 1125R to test the whole day! LOL!

I am glad to see that Buell is providing the same kind of support and ownership benefits that Ducati does for their existing bike owners.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; November 1, 2007 at 11:18 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)
Street Bonk Bum.....

November 2, 2007, 05:16 AM

having almost 2x the displacement i would hope that you could get by a r6 on the straight on vir north!
Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

November 2, 2007, 09:58 AM

Body positioning leaves something to be desired.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

November 2, 2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB
Great post Bill. I can't see the pictures for some reason dude.
Are you on a DoD network? They link back to photoshop which is blocked.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

November 2, 2007, 10:06 AM

Yea, DoS. Same basic router config, they probably share the same block list.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#12)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

November 2, 2007, 10:38 AM

how does one get an invite to stuff like that
Unread
  (#13)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

November 2, 2007, 10:48 AM

Interesting. I'd love to compare it to the buells I have test ridden. That's probably the first Buell I have actually been interested in. AHHHHH. Did I just type that? (Of course I also like the Hypermotard as well.)

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#14)
( * )|( * )

November 2, 2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg
Interesting. I'd love to compare it to the buells I have test ridden. That's probably the first Buell I have actually been interested in. AHHHHH. Did I just type that? (Of course I also like the Hypermotard as well.)
Get the hypermotard... well only if you want a hooligan, wheelie, sliding, tire spinning, curve eating type of bike

That way when we get back from riding on the dirt we can cause trouble on the pavement.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#15)
Typical Stripper

November 2, 2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
That way when we get back from riding on the dirt we can cause trouble on the pavement.
Get a real motard and do both!

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to