DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
1 members and 538 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

November 19, 2004, 12:20 PM

Two wheel magazine, says that Buell is working a prototype that will
decrese the 1200 cc motorcycles weight to under 300 lbs.
new arerodynamics in the design will compensate to keep the bike in the ground.

This is awsome, a bike i can lift up,lol

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
January 12, 2005, 02:37 PM

Maybe now svs wont lap it

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#3)
AMA Superbike Champ

January 12, 2005, 07:03 PM

pretty good reply for having two months to think about it...

BRILLIANT!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
ISO a Sugar Mama

January 12, 2005, 08:36 PM

Got pics. yet? Would love to see the prototype pics.

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#5)
whats in your drink?

January 12, 2005, 09:05 PM

Yeah they are in studio air brushing the oil leaks out

X
Unread
  (#6)
Just Ridin'

January 15, 2005, 08:53 AM

Hey Drag, You so funny... For having no idea what your talking about..

Right now, the new Buells are the most reliable bikes on the street. But then you'd never know anything about that.. would you? Of course not..

As far as what's in the works for '07.. well Buell won't even talk about '06.. Anyone claiming they know what's coming out from them.. well either they just gave up a career with 'THE Motorcompany' or they are of course.. blowing smoke.

Nuff said..

Later,

Lean It Like You Mean It!
Unread
  (#7)
DT
Yesssssss.....

January 15, 2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuBlak
Hey Drag, You so funny... For having no idea what your talking about..

Right now, the new Buells are the most reliable bikes on the street. But then you'd never know anything about that.. would you? Of course not..

As far as what's in the works for '07.. well Buell won't even talk about '06.. Anyone claiming they know what's coming out from them.. well either they just gave up a career with 'THE Motorcompany' or they are of course.. blowing smoke.

Nuff said..

Later,
Dude- not sure what you do for a living, but don't quit your day job. Writing obviously ain't your forte. I was more confused after reading this then before.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#8)
whats in your drink?

January 15, 2005, 04:48 PM

Haveing worked in the industry for several years I do have a clue. Also knowing a buch of people that still do including peeps that work for and on HD products. MCN a euro bike mag I belive said a while ago that the new 1200 was going to be a version of the V Rod mill.

Harley ,much to the consternation has no choice but to go with water cooling. The EPA had something to do with that. This is also why we now have 4 stroke jetskis and snowmobiles.

As for Buell reliabilaty I dont know about the newer ones but I would bet a glace at recall records would shed some light. Didnt someone post on here that she had 2 Blasts go in 1 week?

X
Unread
  (#9)
Just Ridin'

January 16, 2005, 07:03 PM

Hey DT.. Sorry about that.. I posted it just before hitting the rack and I guess I was a little punchy at the time. Didn't intend for it to be confusing..

What I was speaking of was the known fact that Harley (and therefore it's stepchild Buell) have very strict rules regarding what information is released and when regarding future projects. As far as I can discern, if you worked for them and released information on a future project ahead of their time table, you have just signed your resignation from the company. So for the most part, there is very little if any information they will release.

Hey Drag, how's it going?

As you can tell from my post, I specifically stated 'new' Buells, so I'm talking about the XB platform. This series of bikes as you apparently are well aware, has an all new engine (only shares the basic shape with H-D motors - allowing the company to not have to buy all new machinery to make the engine) frame is new and state of the art, suspension is seriously good, etc., etc., .

Now all I know about the posibility of putting a version V-Rod motor in a future bike is that E. said he didn't want to do that. There may be preassures on him to do so and he may have too. I would think that if Buell wanted to use a watercooled engine, then he'd go and find something more in line with his thinking.. Perhaps something like the Ducati or Honda 1000cc mills. Of course, he may have no choice and have to use the V-rod motor. Also, it is a little known fact that Harley uses Buell and the design team there to try to quietly improve the bikes they have, so perhaps they have called them in to do some work on the V-rod.. or some such? Who knows? But given time, we'll find out I'm sure.

Now, on the so called 'recall' thing.. As I've stated previously, their old bikes were built using hopped up Harley parts. I don't think a cruiser engine/tranny etc. was ever built to take the stress of a modern sporting type ride. Now, with the XB's, the new motor has proved itself pretty much bullet proof. And as a series they are, according to JD Power, the make with the fewest per-capita claims against warrenty since their introduction.

There have been, to my knowledge only three problems with the new design: One, a bad side stand switch in the early XB's that would go bad and not close the circuit allowing the bike to run. Replacements with a redesigned switch were of course free and done by Buell without the Govt. (who imposes all official Recalls on a manufacture) getting involved. Two, also side stand related, if left to idle on ground that wasn't perfectly flat, some side stands would fold under and the bike would fall. This was also on early models, was discovered by the factory and corrections made to all extent machines free of charge and is no longer a concern. Three, the wheel bearings (front wheel) would wear out in less then 100,000 miles (part of Buells specifications) so Buell once again, found a better set and fixed all the affected bikes free of charge. That is all I know of since the model was introduced.

Oh, and the stock Buell XB's meet all the emmissions requirements for several years to come already as I understand it. However, I'm sure that all the makers and working to meet and beat the coming regs so that's nothing new to anyone.

Lastly, on the girl that said she had two Blasts die on her.. I'm sorry to hear that. However, I only have experiance with one and so far, it's run like a champ, it's my wifes bike and being as petite as she is, she loves it since it fits her just fine stock and she says that 90 is plenty fast for her on two wheels.. Perhaps, Buell build quality is up across the board then? But that would be another discussion.

Later,

Lean It Like You Mean It!
Unread
  (#10)
whats in your drink?

January 16, 2005, 07:26 PM

BluBlak, I read 3 or 4 years ago that H-D would have to water cooled to meet up coming noise standards. Thats how Erik got around current standards by placing the intake and exhaust outlets on opposite sides of his bikes.
Current theory on the next engine developembnt partner is Cosworth.

X
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

January 17, 2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
BluBlak, I read 3 or 4 years ago that H-D would have to water cooled to meet up coming noise standards. Thats how Erik got around current standards by placing the intake and exhaust outlets on opposite sides of his bikes.
Current theory on the next engine developembnt partner is Cosworth.
DRAG you need to stop reading your comics if you want information that makes sence. you would not know the didfference between exhaust and intake if you had one up your nose.

Unread
  (#12)
DT
Yesssssss.....

January 17, 2005, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuBlak
Hey DT.. Sorry about that.. I posted it just before hitting the rack and I guess I was a little punchy at the time. Didn't intend for it to be confusing..

What I was speaking of was the known fact that Harley (and therefore it's stepchild Buell) have very strict rules regarding what information is released and when regarding future projects. As far as I can discern, if you worked for them and released information on a future project ahead of their time table, you have just signed your resignation from the company. So for the most part, there is very little if any information they will release.
No worries - thank you for clarifying!

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#13)
Happiness Consultant

January 17, 2005, 10:49 AM

<<<<<----- I like my avatar

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

January 17, 2005, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
<<<<<----- I like my avatar

nice pic dude