DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 533
1 members and 532 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Buell & Suzuki tied in first place in AMA
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Buell & Suzuki tied in first place in AMA - August 3, 2009, 11:29 AM

Eslick is kicking ass with cardenaz what a race.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

August 3, 2009, 11:43 AM

agreed. that was a very good race. Cardenaz (sp) got owned tryna keep up with Eslick

that track was bananas = slippery as hell, but it was awesome to watch them backin it in on almost every turn then drifting out

the battle for 2nd and 3rd was pretty good too

Last edited by Oneway; August 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM..
Unread
  (#3)
Cooked White Rabbit

August 12, 2009, 07:30 PM

Ben Spies watched it

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/...sinterview.htm

Q You've mentioned DMG a couple of times. For a world-caliber rider, or a rider looking to make his mark on the World Championship, you absolutely left America at the right time. You couldn't have timed that any more perfectly.

A "I saw that, and I just turned the TV off. Because the four-cylinders, they need some nitrous buttons, they need a Sneaky Pete system, to get some power on the straightaway." It's definitely been a big change for a lot of people. I just ... I can't even make the right comments I want to make about it. But it would be one of those things, I don't even know if I'd be wanting to race, if I was back here, with just some of the things I've seen. It just makes it harder for the young guys to come up and get out of there, the way I know that people are on the world scale (are) looking at it. The pace car incident that I heard about, that almost put a few people in the hospital, was - that was pretty ridiculous.
I actually watched, the first race I've watched, really, all year, was the Topeka Sport Bike race. I don't know if it's called Sport Bike or Top Bike whatever, but the one that Eslick and Cardenas are in. I watched Cardenas ride that thing, and this is nothing against - it's nothing against Buell, and it's nothing against Danny (Eslick), but it's definitely against regulations and rules and what should be legal and shouldn't be. I watched Cardenas come flying into the last corner, get the better of the two drives, and Danny was 20 bike-lengths back, and halfway down the straight, Martin looked back trying to judge which way he was going to go so he could block him.
It'd be safe to say that 15 bike-lengths, for sure, were being made up on that one straightaway by the Buell. Not the back straightaway, but just the front straightaway. If that race is 22 laps, or however many laps it was, and you're gaining 15 bikes a straightaway, that's pretty much a free straightaway by the end of the race, and how many seconds is that? And that's just the front straightaway. It was crazy. It was 15 to 20 bike-lengths every time they hit the front straightaway, and that's just that part of the track. If you add that up over a race distance, you should be winning the race by over ten seconds. It's nuts.

Q It's a mockery.

A I saw that, and I just turned the TV off. Because the four-cylinders, they need some nitrous buttons, they need a Sneaky Pete system, to get some power on the straightaway. Man, I don't know. But again, Danny, they let it to be legal, and he's riding it. And he's doing what anybody else would do. But just the way the rules are, that bike should not be in that class. You've got the same bike, with a couple little mods, the same displacement, that's competitive against 1000s. So go figure.

es watched it.

SV650r,rc51,fz1,1098
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

August 12, 2009, 07:45 PM

gixrB said it best in a previous post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB View Post
Unrest and discontent for the ridiculous cluster of rules that were either undefined or shoehorned into place by DMG. The term Buellbook has replaced the AMA Rulebook, and with the latest release of the RR Buell it's obvious what's going on.

Charlie
Unread
  (#5)
SIN MC Event Coord

August 12, 2009, 08:19 PM

I stopped watching after like the third race, figured I would pay more attention to racing that mattered.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#6)
TPG og

August 12, 2009, 10:33 PM

2 cylinders vs. 400 extra cc? Dunno what to think, but go Buell.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#7)
Cooked White Rabbit

August 13, 2009, 07:53 PM

Kevin Schwantz
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/...81334ondmg.htm

SV650r,rc51,fz1,1098
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Unread
  (#8)
Just Ridin'

August 14, 2009, 09:19 AM

As always, Tyler is amusing to view... Thanks for the giggle..

As for the rest of the 'controversy'... Gimmie a Freakin' Break! I'm not going to debate this crap with a bunch of luddites, so I wont. But if you looked, you'd know. You choose not to know, you wont. Nuff Said.

Have a Nice Day..

Lean It Like You Mean It!
Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

August 14, 2009, 09:35 AM

Whats a luddite?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

August 14, 2009, 09:50 AM

obviously not a good thing. but srsly who cares about all that mumbo jumbo... It's a motorcycle race = fun to watch...that is all.
Unread
  (#11)
Just Ridin'

August 14, 2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
. It's a motorcycle race = fun to watch...that is all.
Exactly! Why can't people just enjoy the racing.. and leave it at that?

Unread
  (#12)
Just Ridin'

August 14, 2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Whats a luddite?
Traditionally, the Luddites were a group that objected to the new and improved (no matter how debatable) and would do everything in their power to destroy such a thing. Without regard to any possible improvement simply because it challenged their narrow view of the world and how it should be.

Take from that your own inferences -