DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 526
2 members and 524 guests
davidcycle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 1, 2004, 10:47 PM

Any Buellers out there-or am I the only one with great taste?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 16, 2004, 01:28 PM

Brand New to the site. I own a buell. Right now is a Buell Blast then i am buying the XB9S Low
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

June 16, 2004, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbump
Brand New to the site. I own a buell. Right now is a Buell Blast then i am buying the XB9S Low
Have you tried the XB9S?, Have you ever tried a modern bike like an R6 or a GIXXER?, or if you like twins an RC51 or an italian?

Honestly, I think the Buellers are far, far behind the tech curve in performance. Slow, marginal handlers, ultra expensive and cumbersome to ride.

That's just my $.002

P.S. They do look cool tho, especially that big fron rotor, and Oh my god can they weelie.
Unread
  (#4)

June 16, 2004, 02:41 PM

Yeah i have tried the XB9S Low. I like it and i can lower it enough for me. I'm only 4ft 10" so i need something that is lower and low center of gravity. I don't fit most sport bikes since i am so short and that means i don't have the length in the arms, legs or anywhere for that matter.
I like the lightning i can flick that baby around corners like nothing and it wheelies nicley too. I like to be a little diffrent. Also i am getting a really good deal on a brand new one. I am very little and sure that bike doesn't fit normal size people but for me it's great.
Unread
  (#5)
Pleased to meet me

June 16, 2004, 02:45 PM

My brother is selling his:

Unread
  (#6)
Cooked White Rabbit

June 16, 2004, 02:52 PM

Would be cool with out a Harley eninge but you got to make RPM to make HP>

http://blackmotorcycles.com/blackmot...ell/Buell1.htm
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Unread
  (#7)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 16, 2004, 10:36 PM

Don't apologize for riding/liking/buying the Buell. The crap about the low-tech engine is just that - crap. People rag what they don't understand or what their friends tell them they should not like. It's not the bike thats slow-it's the rider. Half the people on this board can't ride their 600/1k to a tenth their limit, but they'll gladly tell you how fast they are, or how they blew by someone... Close eyes, crack open the throttle, and duck! A friggin monkey can do that. Uh, btw, nice shorts and sandals. Buells are beautiful bikes (correction XB's-I've never owned a tuber) and if you like them-go for it. Hey, you know what, they also go fast and corner well beyond your abilities. Another thing-test ride one before you sh!t out your mouth then maybe you'll understand a little thing about how bikes differ from one to another. Not all bikes are manufactured for the magazines or the masses.

If this applies-go ahead and give it to me. I've eaten my Wheaties, chugged my Creatine drink, and am taping up-rarin to go!! Place your d!ck-beating hands on the keyboard and t-y-p-e.
Unread
  (#8)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 17, 2004, 08:58 AM

Never riden one, but know some people that rave about them. There were a bunch of them at the races a couple of weeks ago. There was a nice Buell trailer there with a dyno, and they were running the buells on it all day long. Not sure how well they did in the races, but they were working hard in the pits, and were very serious about their racing efforts. I do know they were loud as hell!

I have e friend in Richond that has been looking at buells. Ed, I'm going to tell him about your brother's bike and see if he's interested! Then maybe I'll actually get to ride one!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#9)
Cooked White Rabbit

June 17, 2004, 09:32 AM

ha
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

June 17, 2004, 10:34 AM

God bless America for giving us all these choices and having this controversy of diversity.

If you like it -- buy it, don't buy it b/c is the right thing, but b/c is gives you the chills and when you get to work all you think about is getting back on it. There is an element of truth that it might not be as competitive on the track as its rivals, however, for amateurs like myself -- it only takes to see a track day, SV650's with 70 hp passing brand new R1's with 155 hp, so by the time someone is trully commited and has aquired the skills necessary to make the bike make the difference, we are looking at a distant future.

Also, a yellow Buell really stands out of the crowd, ask yourself one question; Did you see that silver and black R6 at speedway ave in Daytona at bike week?. but Buell is more likely to be remembered.

I like diversity.
Unread
  (#11)
Cooked White Rabbit

June 17, 2004, 10:46 AM

ha

SV650r,rc51,fz1,1098
Unread
  (#12)

June 17, 2004, 01:34 PM

Yeah my buell blast has broken down a few times. Yes it pisses me off. But the dealership here in canada replaced the whole bike. They gave me a Joe rocket leather jacket I didn't have to spend a dime on the repairs of bike. I still have payments left on the bike but as soon as that is done the bike is gone. But i have been talking to the boys up here and no one is having problems with their XB's.Of course that dosen't mean that i am married to the fact of buying another buell. You never know i may change my mind. I am a women after all it's in my DNA to change my mind.

Oh and i am a member of Badweb and they are all old grumpy men! So that is why i come to other sites to get away from the bitter, old, grumpy, buell owners. I come to talk about bikes.
Unread
  (#13)
Cooked White Rabbit

June 17, 2004, 01:45 PM

ha
Unread
  (#14)

June 17, 2004, 02:42 PM

The best part about my dealership here in canada is that they are in a different building than HD so i don't have to deal with those guys. I don't think that if they were in the same building i would have bought the bike.

I don't know what i am going to buy yet. I like all types of bike but i do want one that is not breaking down also i want one that i can lower to fit me without affecting the handleing. I don't want a crusier. But i don't fit most sportbikes. So far the buell is the one that i have found that i can fit. So I am keeping an open mind about the buell and the reliability of them but also keeping an eye out for other bikes to come out that i can mod to fit my short ass.
I always am willing to hear good and bad about all bikes so that i can make an informed decision about my next bike.
Unread
  (#15)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 17, 2004, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbump
I don't know what i am going to buy yet. I like all types of bike but i do want one that is not breaking down also i want one that i can lower to fit me without affecting the handleing. I don't want a crusier. But i don't fit most sportbikes. So far the buell is the one that i have found that i can fit. So I am keeping an open mind about the buell and the reliability of them but also keeping an eye out for other bikes to come out that i can mod to fit my short ass.
hey, first off: Welcome, fellow female rider!!

second off, there is someone on this site who shortened the heck out of a GSXR600, he's gotta be close to your height. I don't want to guess his height and make an ass out of myself, but you might want to ask him how he likes the bike and how much it cost to lower it: his name is Brooks (on and off the computer).

Tanya