DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 521
2 members and 519 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

LinkBack Thread Tools
McWilliams To Race Buell XB-RR, Again, At Laguna Seca
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

McWilliams To Race Buell XB-RR, Again, At Laguna Seca - July 11, 2006, 12:42 PM

McWilliams To Race Buell XB-RR, Again, At Laguna Seca

Jun 30, 2006

From a press release issued by Buell Motorcycle Company:

BUELL RACERS TO COMPETE AT LAGUNA FORMULA XTREME ROUND

EAST TROY, WIS. – Buell Motorcycle Company announced today that three race teams will enter the Formula Xtreme class during Round 7 of the 2006 AMA Superbike Championship July 21-24 at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif. The AMA races are being held in conjunction with the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix.

Warr’s of London Harley-Davidson/Buell (Great Britain), with the support of Buell Motorcycle Company, will enter veteran Irish racer and MotoGP star Jeremy McWilliams aboard an XBRR. McWilliams raced an XBRR at the Daytona and Infineon AMA rounds earlier this season.

Classic H-D/Buell–Millville H-D/Buell–Innovative Motorcycle Research rider Mike Hale will also contest the Formula Xtreme round at Laguna Seca on an XBRR. Hale has recovered from injuries sustained in a testing accident in May and will be racing the XBRR for the first time at an AMA Formula Xtreme event.

H-D/Buell of Vallejo has also entered the AMA Formula Xtreme class at Laguna Seca with AFM veteran Shawn Reilly aboard an XB12R.

“We think it’s great that the AMA added the Formula Xtreme race to the Laguna weekend schedule. We’re looking forward to showing the world how exciting and diverse this class has become,” said Chairman and Chief Technical Officer Erik Buell.

The Buell XBRR is a limited-edition production racing motorcycle based on the Firebolt XB12R, which is reworked at the factory into the XBRR for use in closed-course competition. It offers private racers a professional-level, race-ready, production-based platform.

Buell Motorcycle Company, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., produces sport motorcycles, motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. To learn more about Buell motorcycles, visit your local Buell dealer today and experience the pure streetfighter attitude, style and performance only found on board a Buell. Pull into www.buell.com for the Buell dealer nearest you.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

July 11, 2006, 12:43 PM

Yes, but will the bike finish the race this time???

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
July 11, 2006, 12:54 PM

Sure it will. Just not the same race as everybody else. The AMA has cut the Buell team a new deal. They can runn 10 laps and they can win the race.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 11, 2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Sure it will. Just not the same race as everybody else. The AMA has cut the Buell team a new deal. They can runn 10 laps and they can win the race.

i think it's kinda funny (not in a "ha-ha" way, either) that a 1300 cc V twin is allowed to run with 599 cc inline fours and STILL get their asses crushed...

what's the loophole, anyway? that it's a 1300 cc, pushrod actuated, air-cooled V twin, that has "Buell" written on the side of the bike?

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...

July 11, 2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidrific

i think it's kinda funny (not in a "ha-ha" way, either) that a 1300 cc V twin is allowed to run with 599 cc inline fours and STILL get their asses crushed...

what's the loophole, anyway? that it's a 1300 cc, pushrod actuated, air-cooled V twin, that has "Buell" written on the side of the bike?
It says Buell on the side. It's kinda like seeing the retarded kid play volleyball in gym class. You just feel bad for him.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
Unread
  (#6)
DAS BOOT

July 11, 2006, 01:13 PM

Poor buell boy- he just can't win

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#7)
Typical Stripper

July 11, 2006, 01:15 PM

:blahblahblah:

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 15, 2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidrific

ok so what is the loophole that the 599cc has 4 cylinders and the buells 2.
the 599c are liquid cooled instead of air cooled which allows the engine to take higher tolerance on heat.
for guys that think they know about bikes sure know sh!t about engine design.
go to google.com and educate yourself

and yes buell could add liquid coolling and add 2 more cylinders and where would that leave the 599c. but you have to understand that buell guys dont wnat all that junk in their bikes. We like low maintenace, clean looking bikes with high torque, with a short wheel base to edge the corners.

lets be honest and from far away when you see a 6r, 600r, r1, ninja they all look the same they even sound the same,lol

when you see a buell, bmw, ducati, aprilla, triumph its a different league. don't be a hater just cause you have what everybody else has.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

July 15, 2006, 07:07 PM

read the new Cycle World. Lots of complaints about the Buell.
Unread
  (#10)
Meh

July 15, 2006, 07:09 PM

Hope they do well just to shut up all the haters....
Unread
  (#11)
Retired to most ...

July 15, 2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
We like low maintenace.
I think you're falling a bit short of the mark if you can't even finish the race bro.

Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
July 15, 2006, 09:30 PM

That front whhel change at big D looked anything but low maintenance

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

July 15, 2006, 10:10 PM

Well this is actually good news...now some of the privateers will finish in front of a factory bike! SWEET!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#14)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 15, 2006, 11:11 PM

no love for the company that's trying...?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

July 16, 2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
ok so what is the loophole that the 599cc has 4 cylinders and the buells 2.
the 599c are liquid cooled instead of air cooled which allows the engine to take higher tolerance on heat.
for guys that think they know about bikes sure know sh!t about engine design.
go to google.com and educate yourself
i don't particularly feel the need to educate myself on an archaic engine design, thanks, i see the results at the race track... maybe if Buell were to push the edge of the techological envelope, i'd give them a little more respect...

Quote:
and yes buell could add liquid coolling and add 2 more cylinders and where would that leave the 599c. but you have to understand that buell guys dont wnat all that junk in their bikes. We like low maintenace, clean looking bikes with high torque, with a short wheel base to edge the corners.
let's see, that would leave them Buell out of ANY roadracing class at all, until they managed to find some OTHER way to worm themselves into DNF'ing a race

Quote:
lets be honest and from far away when you see a 6r, 600r, r1, ninja they all look the same they even sound the same,lol

when you see a buell, bmw, ducati, aprilla, triumph its a different league. don't be a hater just cause you have what everybody else has.

and when you say "they all look the same" well... that just makes you sound like a stereotypical redneck... i know that when i see headlights, or stock tail lights, for that matter, i can tell the difference between the make, model, and year even at at night from a pretty fair distance...

you should be accustomed to seeing tail lights though, right?

and don't put a Buell in the same class as a Ducati, that would be an insult... here's the difference: Ducati has gone with an engine design (desmodromics) and actually made it WORK, while still keeping with the same engine size limit as the inline 4's...

know the difference in thought prcess between Ducati and Buell? Ducati is constantly changing, pushing the edge of the envelope, and finding ways to wring more power out of the same engine, instead of bumping up cc's and finding wriggle-room in rulebooks

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific