DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 531
2 members and 529 guests
davidcycle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Buell

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Fbolt's Avatar
 
Posts: 807
Join Date: October 31, 2002
Location: Singapore and Vienna, VA
August 27, 2004, 06:33 PM

2004 BUELL FIREBOLT XB12R TURNS HEADS AT CHICAGO ATHENAEUM MUSEUM OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN

MILWAUKEE (August 27, 2004) – The Buell Firebolt XB12R has been selected to receive the Good Design Award for 2004, presented annually by the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design. Other products recognized within the transportation category include the Audi A8 and BMW Z4 and 5 series.

The award acknowledges the finest and most unique new design innovations for products and graphics spanning a range of product categories. Two distinguished juries comprised of authorities in the design business base their decisions on aesthetic criteria such as: innovation, form, materials, concept, and function in order to select award winners.

“We’re honored to be recognized by the Museum of Architecture and Design once again for our ability to merge Buell’s notable technical innovation with leading edge design,” said Mike Samarzja, Manager of Industrial Design for Buell Motorcycle Company.

The complete list of 2004 Good Design Award winners is currently posted on The Chicago Athenaeum web site: www.chi-athenaeum.org.

Buell Motorcycle Company, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., produces sport motorcycles, motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. To learn more about Buell motorcycles, visit your local Buell dealer today and experience the pure streetfighter attitude, style, and performance only found on board a Buell. For the Buell dealer nearest you, pull into www.buell.com.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 25, 2004, 05:34 PM

Now thats funny. Maybe they will figure out how they can do they Daytona 200 on 3.5 gallons of gas.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Fbolt's Avatar
 
Posts: 807
Join Date: October 31, 2002
Location: Singapore and Vienna, VA
October 25, 2004, 05:57 PM

Like they have in the past, with fuel bladders in the tail.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ
 
buell2001b's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,723
Join Date: October 3, 2004
October 25, 2004, 07:02 PM

Well i neve doubted they would win awards, its no like if it wa s a japaneses bike that copies form everyione and uses old technology.
well i guess now that Buell has won this prestigius award i dont doubt the japanese will be trying to copy Buell, the only good think Buell did is patened every little new techonology they did, so the japs will be 7 years behind before they can copy it.


Buell Rulezzzzzz


Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 26, 2004, 08:05 AM

now your really funny you just insulted almost everyone on this sites bike. what exactly would they want to copy? A 1200CC that makes 500cc power? 3.5 gallons of fuel? a fan blowing on the rear cylinder?. an oil cooler? a wheelbase that has to be changed with a longer swing arm to race it? now that’s revolutionarily. takes any credibility that award had and puts it right in the trash. I was looking at the website they give that award to some silly stuff.. Seems to be a white Arian thing. Get over it the war is over.

Now I wonder why the Honda VTech didn’t get an award from them?



Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
Well i neve doubted they would win awards, its no like if it wa s a japaneses bike that copies form everyione and uses old technology.
well i guess now that Buell has won this prestigius award i dont doubt the japanese will be trying to copy Buell, the only good think Buell did is patened every little new techonology they did, so the japs will be 7 years behind before they can copy it.


Buell Rulezzzzzz
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 26, 2004, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbolt
Like they have in the past, with fuel bladders in the tail.
So AMA is going to bend the rules for Buell like they do for them on the noise levels. Great. What a revolutionary design. You got to carry fuel in the tail section because the design holds only 3.5 gallons. Doesn’t that kind of null the lower center of gravity advantage? too funny.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
DT
Yesssssss.....
 
DT's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,147
Join Date: June 24, 2004
Location: NYDB
October 26, 2004, 08:14 AM

Pics F-bolt?? And not the standard dealership website photos either.


04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Fbolt's Avatar
 
Posts: 807
Join Date: October 31, 2002
Location: Singapore and Vienna, VA
October 26, 2004, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDare
now your really funny you just insulted almost everyone on this sites bike. what exactly would they want to copy? A 1200CC that makes 500cc power? 3.5 gallons of fuel? a fan blowing on the rear cylinder?. an oil cooler? a wheelbase that has to be changed with a longer swing arm to race it? now that’s revolutionarily. takes any credibility that award had and puts it right in the trash. I was looking at the website they give that award to some silly stuff.. Seems to be a white Arian thing. Get over it the war is over.
I'm not so sure about the Aryan thing...deep breath, release, and relax. I also won't comment on 2001b's comments. He can defend himself.

I will say that what you're trying to do is compare apples and oranges. The Firebolt is not, I repeat not, a repli racer like many of the other bikes such as 1000RR, 600RR, zx10r, GSXR, etc... The Buell is meant, and designed for, backroads riding(period). The fact that dealers, quasi supported by the factory, race them is because it's the only viable platform they have to race. AMA Formula Xtreme modifies rules for different bikes because the bikes are all different; I-4's, Air cooled, and water cooled. They are trying to level the playing field-at least a little. Enough said.

The award was for design, which was somewhat revolutionary with the swingarm oil tank, fuel in the frame, perimeter front brake, and short wheelbase. I know that these ideas have come out before in some way shape or form, but together in one bike? No. Unless you count the Honda NAS concept bike-which has some of the same traits, but it's only a concept bike never (I should be careful) to be built. That same bike is being circulated here as the next greatest thing since sliced bread...

As far as pictures for the fuel bladder, I'll see what I can come up with.

BTW-Cut Buell some slack. They are attempting, and in my opinion, suceeding at offering a different alternative to the mainstream of motorcycles. An alternative that you may one day, obviously not now, contemplate.

Out!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ
 
buell2001b's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,723
Join Date: October 3, 2004
October 26, 2004, 08:48 PM

the reason why the honda has not won an award becuase it has nothing revolutionary, it s acookie cut bike. Fbolt is right about the Buells they are not designed for speed anyone can do that, they are desiugned for the twisties. a little kown fact about the BUell you might know is that the plastic used on the Buells is NASA technology that is why the plastic does not crack like the japanese bikes. I must say one thing about the japanese bikes, no offence but you can tell a japanese bike a mile away cause they all look alike.
The Buells are like the Ducatis they are rare


Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 26, 2004, 09:41 PM

nasa plastic hugh. wow now thats amazing. much more than varible cam timing that honda developed.

see fbolt this is the issue I have with buells. i care less what you ride. ride it and do your thing. its not the bikes really but for what ever reason a guy with a buell is out there trashing other bikes saying stuff like this guy. you don't see people with other types of bikes doing this. he knows nothing about bikes and talks all this crap.. yet he is the one on the sub standard bike. it's like a nepolian thing or something. thats why i mess with you buell guys. i find it funny. and as you know I have been around the Buell block.

there not designed for speed anyone can do that. too funny. Racing is what proves a machine and it's not easy. Development from racing is what brings these great products to us already tested and proven. Silly things that don't work are eliminated during racing because results are what matters not some myth somone comes up with to justify their product. And Ducati and Buell are nothing alike. Ducati put thier reputation on the line every weekend.

buells are rare cause few people want one wants one and they are over priced for what you get. keep on listening to that buell market machine about being revolutionary. take a real look

too bad regan saved harley.




Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
the reason why the honda has not won an award becuase it has nothing revolutionary, it s acookie cut bike. Fbolt is right about the Buells they are not designed for speed anyone can do that, they are desiugned for the twisties. a little kown fact about the BUell you might know is that the plastic used on the Buells is NASA technology that is why the plastic does not crack like the japanese bikes. I must say one thing about the japanese bikes, no offence but you can tell a japanese bike a mile away cause they all look alike.
The Buells are like the Ducatis they are rare
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Fbolt's Avatar
 
Posts: 807
Join Date: October 31, 2002
Location: Singapore and Vienna, VA
October 27, 2004, 08:15 PM

I'm Hugh and who is trashing the bikes here? Open mouth insert foot.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 27, 2004, 08:19 PM

figured you wouldn't get it.

oh yes i am. no doubt. them darn buells!

get that rc51.

Quote:
the reason why the honda has not won an award becuase it has nothing revolutionary, it s acookie cut bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
whats in your drink?
 
DRAGULA's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,808
Join Date: May 25, 2004
Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 27, 2004, 10:25 PM

Alright now cant we just all get along? I mean the first BBBuell is/was a Yamaha TZ750 for C sake. If we are gonna compare we need to keep the yams in one pot the honta peppers in another ducplants and bwipes in yet another. Ameribikes can provide the oil and the starch .

Now to bring this alla together we need is a DCSBN double butch boiler to get it altogether .

Boil for 40cal min GLOCK to taste

We gotta do something

135

511 Tac


Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Cooked White Rabbit
 
TylerDare's Avatar
 
Posts: 521
Join Date: October 2, 2003
Location: Alexandria
October 28, 2004, 07:48 AM

i'm trying ringo i'm trying to be the sheppard.
i just like to get these guys to say what they really feel. :o :o :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Alright now cant we just all get along? I mean the first BBBuell is/was a Yamaha TZ750 for C sake. If we are gonna compare we need to keep the yams in one pot the honta peppers in another ducplants and bwipes in yet another. Ameribikes can provide the oil and the starch .

Now to bring this alla together we need is a DCSBN double butch boiler to get it altogether .

Boil for 40cal min GLOCK to taste

We gotta do something

135

511 Tac
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TylerDare  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Fbolt's Avatar
 
Posts: 807
Join Date: October 31, 2002
Location: Singapore and Vienna, VA
October 28, 2004, 05:17 PM

Is that a worm on the hook over there? I'm not taking the bait-some will, I will not. I'm merely attempting to have a non-emotional conversation re: someone's comments about an award that Buell won, which was posted by me some two months ago. You say Buell's are garbage, I point out the simple fact that you are comparing them to some different type of motorcycle. You say Buellers' attack everybody else's bike and in the same breath smack down BMC-This seems like the shoe leather in the mouth. Keep attacking:

"its not the bikes really but for what ever reason a guy with a buell is out there trashing other bikes saying stuff like this guy. you don't see people with other types of bikes doing this. he knows nothing about bikes and talks all this crap.. yet he is the one on the sub standard bike."

2001b talks from what he knows. Let him be and allow him to enjoy the bike he has. Every time this comes up your anger towards purchasing that M2? is evident. Just blame who you really want to blame. You-It obviously was not the right bike. You wanted to race and have top end-the M2 couldn't do it. You wanted reliability, the M2 had production flaws which cannot be ignored. However, the XB and Blast have had decent runs in quality. I myself have had zero/0/nada problems with my bike (unless you count operator error).

" Racing is what proves a machine and it's not easy. Development from racing is what brings these great products to us already tested and proven."

Racing is what proves racing bikes. It does provide R&D for other bikes. The XB is being raced and does, at least from my point of view, provide some technical data to the factory. Hopefully to improve their products. However, the XB is not a race bike (see above post).


"buells are rare cause few people want one wants one and they are over priced for what you get. keep on listening to that buell market machine about being revolutionary. take a real look"

I'm taking a good look around and all I see is a bitter man who had trouble selling his old Buell. It's okay. You can come back into the fold.... We forgive your motorcycle sins


ps-Let's keep this post going. It gives me something to look forward to.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.