DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
2 members and 565 guests
Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
2014 Ducati Monster 1198 Spied
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

2014 Ducati Monster 1198 Spied - June 26, 2013, 05:21 PM

logical progression to the Big Monster...

2014 Ducati Monster 1198 Spied

Dennis Chung June 25, 2013 0
The Ducati Monster celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, but it looks like year 21 will be just as important, with the introduction of a new model powered by Ducati‘s liquid-cooled Testastretta 1198cc engine.

No less than three different publications have released spy photos of the new 2014 Ducati Monster today, though the simultaneous timing of article from MCN, Moto.it and Motociclismo.it would indicate some coordination from Ducati’s PR machine.

Official details are, of course, unavailable, but the photos do provide quite a bit of information.

Clearly visible despite the swirly camo is the radiator, suggesting this will be the first liquid-cooled Monster since the S4R and S4R S. Shots of the right side of the new Monster reveal a single-sided swingarm and Diavel-esque exhaust manifold and a similar stacked dual exhaust setup.

The engine is likely the 1198cc Testastretta 11° V-Twin engine used in the Diavel, so we should expect about 150hp, depending on how Ducati decides to tune the engine.

But where does this leave the Streetfighter? Well the Streetfighter’s days may be numbered. The 1098cc version isn’t even available in Ducati’s 2013 U.S. lineup despite America being Ducati’s biggest market by sales. According to Ducati’s 2012 sales figures, Monster sales outnumbered Streetfighter sales by nearly a 3.5 to 1 margin.

More information should come over the next few months leading up to the 2013 EICMA show in Milan where we expect Ducati will reveal its new Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

June 27, 2013, 01:19 AM

Looks like a Ohlins rear except I thought they were going Sachs moving forward.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Stand Collector

June 27, 2013, 08:57 AM

hate the strange riding position on monsters of past, hope the fix the ergos

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#4)
Toe Dragger

June 27, 2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjor13 View Post

Just curious... what do you find odd about the ergos? Most people really find them quite comfy.. a good mix between sport and upright.

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

July 8, 2013, 10:49 AM

I have to say that I love the ergos on my Monster 696. I can easily flat-foot it at a stoplight, and I can either "sit up" for, say, when I'm commuting, or lean forward for more aggressive riding through the twisties.

(Source: I'm 5'5" with a 32" inseam, so not the tallest rider out there.)

“A woman who rides a motorcycle is in tune with the universe, a candidate for high adventure.”

--Celestine Sibley

2012 Ducati Monster 696
1992 Kawasaki EX500
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport

http://gplus.to/ladyhawke82
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ladyhawke82 Send a message via AIM to ladyhawke82  
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

July 8, 2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucDucGoose View Post
Just curious... what do you find odd about the ergos? Most people really find them quite comfy.. a good mix between sport and upright.
Its a very natural position, even for a tall guy like myself. I rode to the Adirondacks over the 4 day weekend, I dont think it would have been as comftorable on a FZ8 (very awkward feel) or Street Tripple.

2013 Hypermotard
1998 Superhawk
Unread
  (#7)
got barrier?

July 8, 2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
With the stock seat on my 04' monster I would have to agree.

With my sargent seat on my 04' monster I would have to say its quite comfortable.

DUCATI MONSTER
rubber ducky?!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dubplaya  
Unread
  (#8)
Stand Collector

July 8, 2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
For me, its was on a S4R, the pegs were too high, and the seat was very low and flat, and the reach to the bars felt a bit unnatural, not as upright as I would like, but not as low / sporty either, made the front end a bit twitchy but that could be just me idk. 6'2 rider, long legs...on a side note, this new one looks...frameless?! anyone? I think the Hypermotard is the one for me

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#9)
Toe Dragger

July 9, 2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
For me, its was on a S4R, the pegs were too high, and the seat was very low and flat, and the reach to the bars felt a bit unnatural, not as upright as I would like, but not as low / sporty either, made the front end a bit twitchy but that could be just me idk. 6'2 rider, long legs...on a side note, this new one looks...frameless?! anyone? I think the Hypermotard is the one for me

Ahhhhh.... Yeah, they already changed them up from the S4 platform. You are correct in that it made the bike a bit twitchy.. too much rearward weigh bias on the old platform. On the current platform they shifted that so it was just about 50/50 with rider on board. I think you would find the current 1100 MUCH better, and the Hyper even more than that. Come out take the Hyper for a spin!

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#10)
Stand Collector

July 9, 2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Ahhhhh.... Yeah, they already changed them up from the S4 platform. You are correct in that it made the bike a bit twitchy.. too much rearward weigh bias on the old platform. On the current platform they shifted that so it was just about 50/50 with rider on board. I think you would find the current 1100 MUCH better, and the Hyper even more than that. Come out take the Hyper for a spin!
I would love to swing by to check out the Hyper! I have been drooling all over an SP !

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#11)

July 9, 2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I assume you're talking about my bike. The clipons sit about 1.5" lower than stock. I had the DP gel seat so the seating position was slightly lower. The pegs are relatively low, but they are further back compared to your 1000rr. You were probably also thrown off by the long tank which takes getting used to. But once you've done a few miles on this bike, it's very comfortable and stable.

'69 CB350K1
'03 600rr - Track
'05 S4R Monster - Sold
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

July 20, 2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I would love to swing by to check out the Hyper! I have been drooling all over an SP !
Are the SPs in stock??
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 31, 2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
More information should come over the next few months leading up to the 2013 EICMA show in Milan where we expect Ducati will reveal its new Monster.

When is that? November?? Looking hard at the S4RS being she is still the baddest of the monsters, but if the 1198 monster is going to be the new "king" and came with an S package? I'd wait.

What to get and waiting out my options sucks... They don't get much more sexy than this though IMHO.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch

Last edited by Qcslvr; July 31, 2013 at 09:24 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

July 31, 2013, 09:51 PM

^that is hot. I'd have the rear spring and front forks powdercoated red though.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Eddie would go ...

July 31, 2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcslvr View Post
When is that? November??
Yup, second week of Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.