DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
1 members and 542 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

January 14, 2003, 09:03 PM

Did any of you guys/girls out there get any neat bike stuff for your ducs from Santa? The bike got a new set of stands and some new mesh for the fairings I'm still searching for some Dainese leather pants

Tifosi
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
noise

January 14, 2003, 09:27 PM

Congrats! I was hoping for a 2001 or 2002 748 The Titanium with red rims Maybe this year

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

February 27, 2003, 03:03 PM

Santa brought radial brake/clutch levers, complete kit Corsa magnesium swingarm w/Corsa mono-block rear brake/disc, etc., CF swingarm protector, and CF underseat oil breather box.
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

March 2, 2003, 11:41 AM

998R_2002,
Can you list all of the mods that you've done to your ride?
Unread
  (#5)
MSF Student

March 24, 2003, 05:11 PM

Tifosi...

Sorry about the late reply. Mods are: High rise windscreen, custom painted front number plate (to match the rear tail piece), CF "short" mirrors painted Ducati red, custom flush mount 6"x1/4" rear LED brake light, Marchesini forged magnesium triple tree, Yoyodyne titanium front axle, Brembo radial brake and clutch levers, CF instrument surround (the dealer thought it would look nice...but I probably wouldn't have ordered it!), CF ram air tubes, Bucci WSB spec slipper clutch with CF clutch plates, JHP quickshifter, CF oil breather box, DP rearsets w/GP shift pattern, Cycle Cat fully open aluminum clutch and sprocket covers, AFAM 520 chain conversion with 15/38 gearing, DID gold chain, complete Corsa magnesium swingarm (incl monoblock brake, Corsa disc, etc....it was VERY difficult to get all the genuine parts and cost three arms and a leg), CF Corsa swingarm protector, Yoyodyne clutch master slave cylinder, Michelin Pilot Race soft compound front and medium compound 180/55 ZR 17 rear, Moto Wheels license plate relocator (custom fitted to the underside of the oil breather box). The bike has the full system 50mm CF Termi's mounted w/chip (which came as part of the "race" kit) as the stock stuff was immediately discarded. The bike has 2500 miles on it and dyno'd at 129.4 bhp at the rear wheel (no ram air effects) and 71.4 ft/lbs or torque. I will probably leave the interior of the motor alone, but I may add the following parts in the future: CF Corsa fuel tank (relocating the ignition switch somewhere else); CF front fairing; CF headlight bucket (retaining the stock fairing mirror supports); magnesium valve covers, etc. that fit the 999 but will still fit my motor, CF wheels. I may install the Magnetti Marelli Digital Dash (street version...but it still costs three arms and a leg)...and then I will be done with the bike...which, by that time, will almost be a "street legal" 998RS! No need to get radial brakes as the current Brembos are actually too strong for the street, but great for the track.
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

March 24, 2003, 06:58 PM

998R.
Where do you live? I love to check out your rig sometime? What kinda parts do you have sitting around?

Tifosi
Unread
  (#7)
MSF Student

March 24, 2003, 08:01 PM

Tifosi,

I live in Alexandria, VA. The only parts I should have left over will be the stock brake and clutch levers (complete w/reservoirs), the complete stock swingarm w/CF chain guard, the CF underseat heat shield, and probably some miscellaneous bolts, etc. I am keeping the original triple tree because it has the 463/700 serial number. I also have the original Pirelli Super Corsa tires with 600 very easy miles on them except... the rear tire picked up a nail. It was in the center of the tread, and did not pierce the carcass (I inspected it very, very carefully after I had the Michelin Pilot races' mounted), but I will not run a tire that has picked up a nail of any sort. I may have the stock pegs with shift linkage and brake lever laying around somewhere...they were immediately taken off the bike and have never been used.

I am still waiting for the reed valve for the oil breather box to arrive (it is enroute) and one other small part. I should have the bike out of the shop within the next two weeks. It has been at the dealer's since December. Trying to get true Corsa parts from DNA is like hunting for Dragon's teeth...we finally had to get an Italian connection involved. In the future, my dealer (Moto Europa in Richmond) will probably deal directly with the Corsa side of Ducati for parts like this (or maybe one of the AMA Ducati teams)...since they had never been through such a nut-drill trying to get parts like this before...but then again, most people won't order the kit swingarm because it is sooooo expensive. Even the picture in the Superbike Accessories catalog doesn't show all the parts that you need (i.e. chain slider, chain guard, misc. bolts, etc.). If someone is going to spend that kind of $, then they should get the "kit" complete. It is not Moto Europa's fault, I blame DNA (perhaps that is why they fired the old CEO and brought the new one in last month). Anyway, things can only get better from here.

PS. Checked last night...I don't have the stock pegs, linkage, or rear brake lever. I think I donated it to Moto Europa!

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by 998R_2002]