DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
3 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, CCS762ZX6, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ditching My Duc Dealer
Unread
  (#1)
Invictus Dominans Forma

Ditching My Duc Dealer - August 30, 2006, 09:44 AM

So my 749 is ready for her first service (past due actually) and I call my dealer Redline Performance Motorsports in Yorktown VA. I says I need to make an appointment for service, he says we do it on a first come first serve basis. I says I live 3.5 hours away!?, he says wait a minute and I will talk to the owner....... I waited. He comes back can you bring it in on Wednesday I am thinking like WTF! I says no I have to work hence why I need to make an APPOINTMENT! I told him I was hoping to bring it in on the 15th of Sept. he says wait a minute and I will check with the owner. So I wait again..... He comes back and says yeah if you can get it in here before 10 AM we can get you done and back on the road on the same day.... I just told the guy that I live 3.5 hours away, grrrrrr. So I said thats insane I am not dodging rush (death) hour at 6 am on I95 and I64 to make it more convenient for you. The phone goes silent (lol wtf is he thinking about) and then I telll him that I will think about it and call him back.. I spent 15K on this 06 749 with dealer installed mods from them last October and you would think they sold me a 1200.00 moped. I called Ducati Richmond and I have my appointment when I wanted it. If the service is as good as their phone skills at DR I know where I am buying my next bike from and its not Redline!!!!

C.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOR SALE
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whoa preppy......

August 30, 2006, 10:02 AM

it's not his fault you live 3.5 hours away. He tried to accomodate you. The distance was the problem, not the dealer.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
When in Rome...

August 30, 2006, 10:04 AM

call Donnie Unger... best duc man on the east coast. pm me for his #

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
Unread
  (#4)
Invictus Dominans Forma

August 30, 2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
it's not his fault you live 3.5 hours away. He tried to accomodate you. The distance was the problem, not the dealer.
Maybe I am old fashioned but when does a place that sell bikes up to 65,000.00 in price not make appointments? I have never seen a Porsche dealer operate on a first come first serve basis. Maybe I am just being a snob but rants are rare for me. If they were not the only dealer that had a 749D in-stock at the time I wanted to get one I wouldnt have bought it that far away most likely. I will check your'e guy Desmo on the next service. Duc Richmond is only an hour and twenty from where I live.

C.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOR SALE
Unread
  (#5)
When in Rome...

August 30, 2006, 03:50 PM

yeah, donnie is in Winchester but he'll pick your bike up in Herndon or at your house (little extra for home pick up). Website is www.ducpond.com

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
Unread
  (#6)
Signed up for Track Days!

August 30, 2006, 04:02 PM

Donnie Rocks!!!

My opinoin, don't go to Winchester Motorsports. They had my ST4s for 2 months and couldn't fix it.

I've been dealing with Coleman WB, mainly directly with the GM, he's a Duc guy too, and so far they have impressed. I know (and so do they) that they have a horrible reputation, but so far, in regards to Duc's, the WB store is working hard to change their rep.
Unread
  (#7)
Quack quack!

August 31, 2006, 12:12 AM

I've only heard good things about Duc Pond. I've been meaning to take my bike there to have my suspension tweaked. Personally I've dealt with the service manager, Scott Barber, at the Coleman shop in WB and I recommend their service department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcDesmo
yeah, donnie is in Winchester but he'll pick your bike up in Herndon or at your house (little extra for home pick up). Website is www.ducpond.com
This I did not know. Very interesting.

Last edited by Psychor; August 31, 2006 at 12:21 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
Knee Draggin!

September 3, 2006, 09:21 AM

I took my bike to Winchester Motorsports and was treated very well ... Told I could drop off when I wanted to and would only take a day to do first service. Bike was ready next day and cost around $150. Alot better customer service than the dicks at coleman. I will be bring my bike back to Winchester for service in the future.

Last edited by DUC999; September 3, 2006 at 09:27 AM..