DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
2 members and 544 guests
GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
DUC TRUCK DEMOS - Ducpond June 27-28
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

DUC TRUCK DEMOS - Ducpond June 27-28 - June 24, 2008, 09:52 PM

01 June 2008 - 31 July 2008
DUC TRUCK DEMOS - JUNE & JULY SCHEDULE

The Duc Truck demo fleet has begun its yearly tour of North America—traveling all summer to Ducati dealerships across the nation. The Duc Truck demo fleet is your chance to get in the saddle and experience Ducati's 2008 model lineup first hand.
Come ride the new Middleweight Superpower 848 and experience the intensity of the Hypermotard as well as most of Ducati's other 2008 bikes!
The June and July Duc Truck demo fleet schedule can be found below.

JUNE June 13-14: Gengras Ducati—Hartford, CT
June 15-17: Ducati Revs New England—Loudon, NH
June 20-22: Cliff's Cycle Revolution—Danbury, CT
June 27-28: Duc Pond Motosports—Winchester, VA

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Emm Teh

June 25, 2008, 08:40 AM

sweet thanks for the info

-- Ducati 1198SP
-- 185cc MadAss Commute 'Scoot
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Michael.Terence Send a message via AIM to Michael.Terence  
Unread
  (#3)
Elite Racing

June 25, 2008, 08:46 AM

Dammit....I'm on travel Friday & Saturday!

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

June 26, 2008, 05:03 AM

I am going friday afternoon depending on weather if anyone wants to join.

Unread
  (#5)
Snow Whore

June 26, 2008, 08:39 AM

I am planning on heading out there early afternoon.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

June 28, 2008, 07:56 AM

Here some pix from the event. They have every bike but the 1098 and Desmosedici RR to test ride. I got there around 4pm and they were doing the last test ride for the day and putting the bikes away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ducati 011.jpg (58.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Ducati 010.jpg (59.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Ducati 012.jpg (58.4 KB, 36 views)

Unread
  (#7)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

June 28, 2008, 08:22 AM

nice pics

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#8)
opossum puncher

June 28, 2008, 09:54 AM

I hit this up yesterday as I had the day off. First an oil change and a little lube on the chain. Rode out from Woodbridge, to Haymarket, then west on back roads. If Im gonna ride to Winchester I was going to have some fun.

After enjoying my back roads I got to Ducpond around 1, and just missed the 1 o'clock ride, they hadnt left yet but there was no time to sign up. So I signed up for the 2:30 and the 3:15 on the Hyper and the 848 respectively.

I was all leathered up so I was hotter than shat, drank some water and a sandwich, and drooled over bikes and talked with some of the people and napped.

I was a little hesitant when time came to ride, I sure as hell dont have 14K to pay for one of these if I screw up, and only have liability. The bikes are a far cry from the Japanese Im use to, Ive only ridden one other bike with a hydraulic clutch before. Actuallty the guy to my right managed to drop the white 848 before we even mounted up, to be fair, the guy behind him turned his front tire and it knocked the rear of the 848 taking the bike for a trip. No prob, they just needed to replace the brake lever and bend back the foot brake. The white 848 wasnt making it on that trip though.

The loop they took us on was 9 miles and had a few good twists if you let the person in front get some distance you could hit the corners with some speed.

The hyper was torquey as hell, but that first hard right, you just pour on the throttle and give those wide bars a nudge and it locks in like a train on the tracks, it really shocked me how well mannered and well suited the bike and suspension were, it was a faking blast to ride throwing it in to corners and sitting straight up was almost hysterical to me cause of how planted it felt, how easy it was to rail and just the sheer torque it had to pull out of corners. Shat eating grin best describes this bike.

At 3:15 I got to ride the 848, and its engine is more refined and easier to use than the Hyper, takes off much smoother, and not nearly as much engine braking. Speaking of braking, Ive got six pot calipers on my zx6, vesrah pads and steel lines, my brakes suck compared to the 848s.

The 848 puts you in a very very prone position, Im 5'10" and I was almost laying on the tank straight armed. The bike also puts off a tremendous amount of heat in to your thighs, I would stick my legs out on the straights to cool them down, however butt stays cool and this is a vast improvement to the 748/9 916/96/98/99 from what I hear.

This bike rails with almost as much ease as the hyper and I only say that because of the leverage the bars give you on the hyper. The 848 has a transmission as smooth as butter on hot toast, tall gears made 1st and 2nd all you needed for this ride. The suspension was stiffer than the hyper as you would expect for a race bike with headlights, but bumps and rough road mid corner would not upset the chassis. This bike made you feel like a racer, head down looking through turns. Well trying to; my back protector creped up, and due to the cramped nature of the 848 it was jabbing in to my neck and head while trying to crank the bike over and look through the turns. Which was extremely uncomfortable. The bike just says ok to your will, flick this extremely well balanced bike in and your set, it tracks through the turns like it didnt even need you there.

Downside, not for the street. On the street Hyper, on the track either will do ya, but the 848 is exactly what you would expect, made for it.

If I wasnt paying for a wedding Id kill for one of these bikes.

The ride home I was expecting to be sad, going from a 2008 Hyper and 848 to my 98 ZX6R, but it wasnt, my bikes kinda like an old catchers mitt. I got a bit of rain back, but was still able to really enjoy some of the back roads, stopped in at Motorcycle factory and grabbed a Grunge brush, the chains been nasty, and in my move the Moose Chain scrubber got lost, oh well, now I can review and compare.

Total trip want that many miles just over 200, but took from 11 to 6:30. And to think I almost didnt go for a ride today, what a mistake that would have been.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; June 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 28, 2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
. Actuallty the guy to my right managed to drop the white 848 before we even mounted up, to be fair, the guy behind him turned his front tire and it knocked the rear of the 848 taking the bike for a trip. No prob, they just needed to replace the brake lever and bend back the foot brake. The white 848 wasnt making it on that trip though.
I was there when it went down and rode it today. The Monster S4 was my favorite.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 28, 2008, 05:30 PM

OK, now I have to bitch a little.

My last ride of the day was on the 848. I really wanted to ride it just to expirence it and the gentleman behind me was ready to buy one. We both thought we were in a good postion right behind the control rider. Well, before the 1:45 ride Donnie wheeled a 1098 to the back of the line. We thought it was just there to look at. Right before we mounted up they moved it the front and some guy who just showed up got on it. I can only assume he was there to take delivery of it.

The 1098 was cold and stalled a couple of times in the lot. As we rolled out it stalled again and again at the next stop, rider not the bike. We made the right on to Apple Pie Ridge and the rider backs way out of it, WTF! There was a car in front of as we rounded the left and made our way upto Payne. Payne is a little road with a few turns but it is a little bumpy. Through the first set of curves the 1098 throws the anchor, even the control rider had to stop and wait. Boy, when we hit the straights he nailed it. He'd catch the control rider and check his mirrors as if to see if he dusted the rest of us off. I wanted to tap him on the shoulder and say "still here."

Demo rides are just that, but it sure would have been nice to see how it felt in a corner. In certainly hope the guy on the 1098 with frayed mesh sneakers enjoys the drag racing ability of the 1098.

It did sound nice with the 2 Bros. exhaust.

Last edited by Space; June 29, 2008 at 09:00 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
opossum puncher

June 29, 2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
I was there when it went down and rode it today. The Monster S4 was my favorite.
Space who the fak were you, I was the goofus in the teknic black and red suit, red boots, nolan xlite red and black helmet, rode the hyper while the white 848 tiped.

I wanna know so I can put a face to a name.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

June 29, 2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
Space who the fak were you, I was the goofus in the teknic black and red suit, red boots, nolan xlite red and black helmet, rode the hyper while the white 848 tiped.

I wanna know so I can put a face to a name.
I was just driving by and pulled in. I forgot they were there on Friday. I was at the corner of the building talking to Donnie when the 848 went over.
Unread
  (#13)
Knee Draggin!

June 29, 2008, 08:36 AM

I just missed the 848 dropping, but I did see the broken brake lever on the table by the sign up sheets. Never surpises me the type of crowds these events bring.