DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
1 members and 524 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera
Unread
  (#1)
Sewing Machine Rider

Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera - October 4, 2013, 08:40 AM

Coming Soon: Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera

Quote:
Ducati has gone to great lengths so that you won’t know this, but in about a month’s time, the Bologna Brand will debut perhaps the most ostentatious machine ever to come from the Borgo Panigale factory, the Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera. An ultra-exclusive version of the Ducati 1199 Panigale R, the Superleggera edition is exactly what its Italian name suggests, a super-light version of the Panigale R.

With the Panigale R already the lightest sport bike to ever come from Ducati, the Panigale R Superleggera goes even further, employing titanium, carbon fiber, and magnesium throughout the machine to drop its curb weight by an additional 40 lbs. Ducati isn’t stopping there though.

Heavily reworking the 1,199cc Superquadro engine, the engineers at Bologna have bumped the bike’s peak horsepower figure, somehow finding a way to shoehorn 220hp into the Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera.
It’s ok if you need to take a minute to readjust yourself in your chair before reading further — we’ll wait.

Other features include top of the line Öhlins suspension pieces and Brembo brakes, but the real treat is the Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera’s next-generation electronics system. A direct descendent of the electronics used by Ducati Corse in WSBK and MotoGP, the Superleggera’s electronics package is highlighted with Ducati’s first wheelie control system for the street and is a direct response to Aprilia’s venerable APRC package.
At over double the price of Ducati 1199 Panigale R, the Superleggera should retail for around $65,000 when the 100 or so models that are allocated for the United States finally actually arrive.

Don’t rush out to your Ducati dealer just yet to place your deposit though, purchasing a Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera is an invite-only affair for the 500 models being built — as it would seem that Bologna is taking a cue from show business’s tagline of “don’t call us, we’ll call you.”

Similar to the Ducati Desmosedici RR launch, only pre-selected Ducatisti will be given the opportunity to own one of the Panigale R Superleggera. The chosen few will receive a special access code from their local dealers, which will then allow them to order the Superleggera from Ducati.
With Ducati already contacting certain selected buyers, we imagine further details (hopefully some images) about the Ducati 1199 Panigale R Superleggera will break ahead of the machine’s EICMA debut. Stay tuned loyal Ducatisti.
16 year old me thinks this is awesome. Actual me realizes it's irrelevant
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Stand Collector

October 4, 2013, 08:43 AM

nope, base panigale with stickers will get me just as much poon at starbucks

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

October 7, 2013, 10:19 PM

Too expensive.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 8, 2013, 12:26 AM

for that price.....
I hope it transforms into a sexbot....

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

October 8, 2013, 05:06 AM

Unless yall are ballers you won't have the chance anyways. This batch is "don't call us we'll call you" only.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS P.R.O.

October 8, 2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
for that price.....
I hope it transforms into a sexbot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
I'm happy to share some tips too....as long as you stop saying "yo" as the end of every sentence.
Xbox- xK1NG GwuaLLax ...see me on GoW3
K6 GSXR 600 - Sold
K7 - R6s ...sold thank god
K6 GSXR - never leaving you

PITTSBURGH BOY

R.I.P Dad 8-10-2012
Unread
  (#7)
Groping is a skill...

October 8, 2013, 09:49 AM

Not only too expensive but too much bike for my skill level at that price. Something like that needs to go into racing by someone with deep pockets to be truly enjoyed. Imagine riding that bish to the local Starbucks

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#8)
Traction Control

October 8, 2013, 10:23 AM

The amount of feel you're going to have in that suspension when making the turn off Elden st to Starbucks is going to be RIDICULOUS

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#9)
Stand Collector

October 8, 2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
The amount of feel you're going to have in that suspension when making the turn off Elden st to Starbucks is going to be RIDICULOUS

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

October 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

At 65,000 I don't see how anyone but a race team would take it to the track. With limited production and the crazy repair costs, why would you want to? A millionaire maybe, but even then I say no. At only 100 coming to Murrica it's worth more to him as a "trophy" in his garage than to acutally go out and race for one.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
Unread
  (#11)
Stand Collector

October 8, 2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcslvr View Post
At 65,000 I don't see how anyone but a race team would take it to the track. With limited production and the crazy repair costs, why would you want to? A millionaire maybe, but even then I say no. At only 100 coming to Murrica it's worth more to him as a "trophy" in his garage than to acutally go out and race for one.
But when your father is sheikh aziz hamid fadia bin aladeen bin faroud bin al jazeera bin mickey mouse, this is the only ducati you can ride without being made fun of for being too poor in united arab emirates of arabialand. the desmosedici rr are for the servants..

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#12)
Groping is a skill...

October 8, 2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcslvr View Post
$65K? No that's the price for the pain gale RS I think. From what I heard $100K for the Superlegere!!!

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#13)
Knee Draggin!

October 8, 2013, 12:14 PM

Couldn't you take a $10,000 stock literbike and put not even $20,000 into it so it'd have the same/better specs?

Nothing I say is to be taken seriously.

2004 Black ZX636
Unread
  (#14)
Stand Collector

October 8, 2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedKing View Post
Couldn't you take a $10,000 stock literbike and put not even $20,000 into it so it'd have the same/better specs?
yea but would you be getting the same vibes at starbucks?

899 Panigale
Unread
  (#15)
Toe Dragger

October 8, 2013, 12:21 PM

Guys, this is an invite only sort of bike. Invites to put in a deposit we out before this blurb got out there. The bike is ridiculous, and the tech on it makes the D16 look downright pedestrian in nature. Basically it is an flyweight R at about half the cost of an RS racebike. Most of the guys who are buying this aren't tracking it, just like the guys who buy the top end Ferrari's dont track them.. they look pretty and come out every now and then..

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....