DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
1 members and 543 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ducati China
Unread
  (#1)
Range Rover Owner

Ducati China - July 28, 2010, 11:35 PM

June 26, 2010

The name Ducati is synonymous with Championships, Speed, and Style. It is very much a beautiful, sexy, coveted motorcycle. But if you ask someone in China about Ducati, they will most likely respond with a blank stare. Soon the Ducati brand will be widely recognized with the newly launched Ducati store in Shanghai. They opened in November of 2009 with a nice selection of the Ducati line; Monster, Hypermotard, 848, 1198, even an 1198S and also the first 2010 MS1200S released to all of Asia. The pricing is like that of all the upscale motorized vehicles in China, very expensive. The price tag is almost twice as much compared to the US. This is due to the heavy taxes and government fees levied on the manufactures. The average annual wage is around 30,000RMB. The bikes are from 150,000RMB to 350,000RMB and there is no Ducati financing. These bikes are not for the masses but truly exotics.

Before Ducati opened, BMW, Harley-Davidson and Benelli all have launched stores in Shanghai. Harley is a well known American brand. BMW is known for their cars in China. These two are dominating the big bore motorcycle market, selling about 100 units each annually since 2005. The Italians have a lot of catching up to do. Ducati has only sold one Monster since opening and just before I left at the end of June, a 2010 Street Fighter. Ducati Beijing will open its doors in July.

On this day, the Sales Manager Jason Fu and the General Manager Evan held a dedication and delivery of the first Ducati Streetfighter in China to its owner. And also, the shop had a launch party for the new Monster 696. Here are some pictures.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbMmTNo2bMWUe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Toe Dragger

July 29, 2010, 09:12 AM

The pics were awesome! Thanks for sharing them!

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

July 29, 2010, 09:20 AM

but... you're not allowed to ride anything over 250ccs and motorcycles can't get on the highways at all. i mean people still do from the black market and ride the backroads, but who actually buys a bike like this from a store?
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 29, 2010, 01:34 PM

I hear Shanghai has a nice track.

Developing countries may have cheap real estate, food, and labor, but everything else is usually expensive because it needs to be imported and they tax the heck out of it. In Thailand, 1198s costs 50K+ USD, and 1198R costs 90-100K USD. R1 is like 27K or so.

While most people are fairly poor, the people who have money have a ton of money and to that market it often doesn't matter if something costs 50K or 100K...
Unread
  (#5)
Mojito Anyone?

July 29, 2010, 01:40 PM

Classy

Gentleman Club

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#6)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

August 2, 2010, 01:19 PM

Ducati and Gentleman club, I like it.

Life is like the ramp to the chicken coop, short and covered in **** http://avidrider.blogspot.com/