DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 530
1 members and 529 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
Don't believe the hype...

August 9, 2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucDucGoose View Post
This is gonna be FUN!!!
Please start a project thread!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#17)
GP Racer

August 12, 2013, 12:43 PM

Bike has been purchased. Money wired and just waiting now for the bike. Shipping they said will take up to but no more than 30 days. So hopefully I'll get to ride her a bit before she turns into the "new hotness". I'm gonna need a good name for her.

Chad when I get the bike I will give you a call and we can go from there. I will update this thread with pics when the bike comes in. However W0bbles idea of a winter build thread sounds like a great idea.

Patience is gonna be a mother effer.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
Unread
  (#18)
Good Intentions

August 12, 2013, 12:54 PM

Wish a had skill and time for something like this. It's awesome.

'99 Honda CBR1100 xx - sold
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - sold.
2008 Yamaha FZ1 -sold
2012 Harley Davidson VROD Muscle-sold
2012 Ducati Diavel Dark I ride to work.
Unread
  (#19)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 12, 2013, 01:18 PM

I'm excited. Hurry the hell up!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HenryW  
Unread
  (#20)
2A all the way

August 12, 2013, 04:23 PM

Post some "before" pics.

2013 Panigale S
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mdracer76  
Unread
  (#21)
GP Racer

August 16, 2013, 07:05 AM

Paperwork came in the mail yesterday. Gotta sign and return. Then the +/- roughly 30 day wait for delivery begins!

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

Unread
  (#22)
GP Racer

August 16, 2013, 08:11 AM

Thoughts? Humor me a little. All I have is the internet until this thing actually shows up and I can ride it a little bit to let off some of my pent up excitement.

White tank with 80's style lettering. However I want it to be RED not black. Bottom fairing (not in this pic, see last pic below for reference) would be white also. Calipers would be red with white lettering also. DUCATI lettering stamped on the side of the engine would also be painted red.

Tail and seat I like more of this style. Don't know how feesable that is but I like at least a little rear fender painted white like shown below.

Everything else I want blacked out. I am unsure if I got an SP or not. It's advertised as an SS but the forks from the pics I saw looked gold. So if I got Ohlins then I'd want them black still but badged somehow. Headlight and fork setup identical (to the green bike). Knoby tires and exhaust identical also (to the green bike). No chrome though. All black? Sprockets blacked out also you think? Spoked wheels and cans blacked out. Seen a lot of scramblers on the web that do this and they look mean.

(pic below only for reference of blacked out spoked rims)

At the end of the day though I really want to stay close to this design mold. Minor changes to make it mine however I fell in love with this look so I don't want to stray too far from it. Just personalize it to fit my tastes.

After all this bike is a beauty.

----------------
Quote:

Last edited by Qcslvr; August 16, 2013 at 08:17 AM..
Unread
  (#23)
Typical Stripper

August 16, 2013, 11:24 AM

NOW THAT IS BADASS!

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#24)

August 16, 2013, 01:05 PM

Is that frame all factory? Including the sub-frame? Man this is already a cafe/brat bike out of the box. All you need to do is rip the fairings off and throw a seat back there. Oh and the tank is nice as is.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#25)
GP Racer

August 16, 2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0bbles View Post
Is that frame all factory? Including the sub-frame? Man this is already a cafe/brat bike out of the box. All you need to do is rip the fairings off and throw a seat back there. Oh and the tank is nice as is.
The bike will look similar to this... (Not my bike) I will post pics of mine as soon as she is in the drive way.

Yes this bike is almost perfect as is for most peoples taste in cafe/naked styles. However I want to be differnt than most, and just a tad bit different than the green scrambler I posted as my inspiration on page 1.

----------------
Quote:

Last edited by Qcslvr; August 16, 2013 at 03:01 PM..
Unread
  (#26)
Licensed Rider

August 16, 2013, 03:23 PM

how much does something like that cost? Im looking to get into the ducati game but a brand new one is just crazy expensive.. (well at least the one i want)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#27)

August 16, 2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcslvr View Post
The bike will look similar to this... (Not my bike) I will post pics of mine as soon as she is in the drive way.

Yes this bike is almost perfect as is for most peoples taste in cafe/naked styles. However I want to be differnt than most, and just a tad bit different than the green scrambler I posted as my inspiration on page 1.
Very neat. Yeah all you gotta do is get rid of the tail and fairings, throw some wheels, knobbies, and a headlight, fab a seat, and you're good to go. I think the hardest part would be to choose your wheels, then figure out the spacers to machine out for them. But yeah definitely create a progress thread for it!

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#28)
GP Racer

August 16, 2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bellflur View Post
how much does something like that cost? Im looking to get into the ducati game but a brand new one is just crazy expensive.. (well at least the one i want)
Should be able to find a good quality low mileage for the mid 3k range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0bbles View Post
Very neat. Yeah all you gotta do is get rid of the tail and fairings, throw some wheels, knobbies, and a headlight, fab a seat, and you're good to go. I think the hardest part would be to choose your wheels, then figure out the spacers to machine out for them. But yeah definitely create a progress thread for it!
Yeah, google image 900ss modified and you'll see many decent and a few not so decent attempts by just taking the plastics off. The green scrambler is something to behold. I hope I am able to capture that same feeling with my vision. Im loving the thought of not having a generic everyday bike. A build thread will deffinately have to happen. Hopefully Ducducgoose will oblige.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#29)
GP Racer

August 30, 2013, 02:25 PM

Bike scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#30)
opossum puncher

August 30, 2013, 02:31 PM

Duc, gonna be in winchester in three weeks for a wedding, pm me a price on Michelin PR 3s 190/50 and 120/70, if all works out Ill bring in the rims off the bike for install. If possible it would have to be in friday out Sat or Sunday.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool