DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 644
4 members and 640 guests
2blueyam, GsxrBulldog, Speed3, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hyper + Full Termi = unending smile (Pics now up)
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

Hyper + Full Termi = unending smile (Pics now up) - August 29, 2007, 07:57 PM

Well, I went up to Speed's Cycle in Maryland to have the full system installed on my hyper. The tech started on it at exactly 10am as scheduled and didn't finish until close to 3pm. I give the guy mad props because he didn't even stop to eat or anything. BTW...he just bought a husky so he may join us for some supermoto rides. And he's going to race next year as well

Anyhow, the bike took a long time which I expected so I waited around anxiously. Finally, I looked into the shop to see my bike gone. I walked around back and my jaw hit the floor...holy fack does the exhaust look good. I thought the stock exhaust looked good...oh no...the termi is sick. (I will post up pics tomorrow since it's dark out)

Well, the tech started it and I couldn't stop smiling...it pretty much sounds like a 1098 with full termi's if not better to be honest. The sound blew my expectations away...I'll try to come out to the spot but trust me when I say this bike now sounds freakin' mean.

Well, the tech took it for a ride and when he got back he quickly yanked off his helmet and and said...and I quote..."holy shit" I asked him is he has ridden the other models and he said yes but the full exhaust is night and day...damn it I didn't bring my helmet so I couldn't ride until I got home.

Well, 2.5 hours later (thanks to traffic I was hoping to avoid) I pulled in and before I could even get it off the trailer I had to let Karli hear it. She was like...damn that sounds good. And that means a lot coming from her because she is not easily impressed. So, I unloaded the bike and immediately took it for a spin. I didn't ride fast since I didn't have any gear on but the sound was better than music...just amazing how nice and how smooth the bike is.

Ok...so I had a movie rented so I figured it would be a nice test run to drop the movie off. I leave my neighborhood and make a right onto spriggs...1st gear take it easy...2nd gear nice and easy...go into 3rd and figure ahhh...why not hit on it...so I'm in a turn (gentle sweeper) and I get on the throttle hard...bang...front lifts right up while I'm slightly leaned over...no big deal because the bike was stable but I didn't hammer it even in the powerband so I was amazed...wow! Well, to my surprise the bike is of course much faster, the difference is very very noticeable. This system replaces not only the entire exhaust with a much larger tubing and 2x1 system but also replaces the air box and ecu which is tuned for the exhaust. Major major difference everywhere. From the dyno's I've seen the bike basically gains 5hp to the rear wheel everywhere on the power curve and the torque is significantly increased as well. The nice thing is the fact that the bike is still as smooth as it was stock except it just has more power and quite a bit more punch. Very manageable and crazy amounts of fun. The sound had me smiling the whole time and I couldn't believe how noticeable the difference was. Money well spent...and I can tell you the full system is over $2000 so I'm happy when I say it's worth every penny and that's just going to drop off a movie. Saturday morning I plan on going out for a real ride and having some fun.

Well, that's about it...I don't have much to report but I am very pleased and I'll post up some pics tomorrow. I should have it out at the spot tomorrow unless something comes up and I cannot make it out.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; August 30, 2007 at 07:59 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

August 29, 2007, 08:16 PM

ohhhhh, in the word of Chico; Niceeeeeeeeeeee!

Cant wait to see pics.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#3)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

August 29, 2007, 08:16 PM

Drop by my house. I'm dying to see one of them in person!!!

Mud

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#4)
Ballaugh Bridge

August 29, 2007, 08:20 PM

Careful with that thing.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#5)
Agitator

August 29, 2007, 08:25 PM

welcome to big twins and the associated power gains from simple mods...ducs especially, to meet emissions and euro noise standards, the stock exhausts are very restrictive...and it only increases with the more powerful bikes

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )

August 29, 2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg
Drop by my house. I'm dying to see one of them in person!!!

Mud
DucPond probably has one you can take for a test ride

Marc...heh...the mechanic wants me to order the cams

I don't know...for now I think the bike is more than enough

Funny thing is, as responsive and linear the throttle response is I'm learning quite a bit from riding it. I'm anxious to see how the R6 will feel once I jump back on it at the upcoming races.

Chris
Unread
  (#7)
Agitator

August 29, 2007, 10:20 PM

cams...well, I have the RS cams in my 853...and I gained about 10-15rwhp..BUT the first valve adjustment I had a rude suprise...hot cams in a duc belong on a race bike, not a street bike. AFter my first adjustment (no cams), I needed 4 shims replaced (6000 miles), the 2nd adjustment just 3500 miles later...11 of 16 needed to be replaced.

I would say just stick with what you got if you intend on riding it anywhere but on the track

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#8)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

August 29, 2007, 11:11 PM

Heh...yeah. I need to get out there and see one in person. Also gotta get my other racebike. Rumor that it's basically finished.

Ducs have issues with flaking on the rocker arms. Or at least that's what I have heard of in the past. More maintenance. Oh well.....as long as I don't rip another engine in half.

Heh...Twins got torque. BIIIG difference getting out of turns. I know it usually took me a race or two to get back in the swing of it. (Of course by then I usually threw my r6 somewhere off the track....DOH!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
DucPond probably has one you can take for a test ride

Marc...heh...the mechanic wants me to order the cams

I don't know...for now I think the bike is more than enough

Funny thing is, as responsive and linear the throttle response is I'm learning quite a bit from riding it. I'm anxious to see how the R6 will feel once I jump back on it at the upcoming races.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

August 30, 2007, 06:54 AM

The bike looks totally different with the Termi exhaust on it and sounds like...well
I rode the bike when he first got it home...makes me wanna get one. maybe next year

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Pleased to meet me

August 30, 2007, 07:13 AM

Approved! Pics please.
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

August 30, 2007, 07:36 AM

actually, I have a camera here at work so I'll run out and get a few. Also, on the way into work...I noticed that it's now an exercise to keep this thing under 90mph

I'm still amazed how much the power curve has changed, just when I think the bike isn't going to pull that hard I open it up...it growls and takes off

Pics coming in a few min!

Chris
Unread
  (#12)
Pleased to meet me

August 30, 2007, 07:43 AM

That my friend is what they call sneaky fast. My MTS1000 did it all the time.
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

August 30, 2007, 07:59 AM

Here you go! Enjoy!

Stock Exhaust VS Full Termi

Chris
Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 30, 2007, 08:01 AM

Nice exhaust! How much wieght did you toss off?

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

August 30, 2007, 08:03 AM

Damn, that's a sexy bike!!!

But as your wife knows, I'm partial to the Ducatis... Wish I had the inseam for a Hyper, it's just too tall.

Have fun with the torque!
Lucy

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to