DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 534
3 members and 531 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Diavel first rides
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

Diavel first rides - February 7, 2011, 08:45 PM

Ducati Diavel first ride: "I'm simply blown away!" - | Motorcycle News | New Motorbikes | Buyers Guides | MCN

Quote:

MCN’s Phil West has just ridden the all-new Ducati Diavel ‘power-cruiser’ at its world launch in southern Spain. This is what he has to say:
“I’ve got to say I’m simply blown away by the Diavel. It’s so light, fast, sophisticated and so good handling and fun it completely turns on its head everything we thought so-called ‘cruisers were about until now.
"Or, to put it another way: the Diavel does to the cruiser bike class pretty much – if not more – what Ducati’s Multistrada did to the adventure bike class last year.
“That’s basically down to three things: the Diavel’s a custom built by a sports bike manufacturer – so it’s light and has sports bike handling and brakes. I can’t stress enough how convention-defyingly good the Diavel is through the twisties.
“Second, it’s littered with high tech: there’s a three-way riding mode system, ABS as standard, traction control, top notch brakes and suspension and more. Compared to this your average Harley looks, not like it’s from the ‘50s but from the ‘30s.
“And thirdly it’s gigglingly fast but, thanks to the mode switch, only when you want it to be. And that, combined with great ergonomics and spec, make it practical too.”
MCN’s full test of the Diavel is in this Wednesday’s Motorcycle News.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time

Last edited by Chris; February 7, 2011 at 09:35 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

February 7, 2011, 08:47 PM

It doesn't count till we ride it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#3)

February 7, 2011, 08:49 PM

ive been slowly getting more interested in it as the months go by. with a glowing review, albeit from MCN, I'm even more interested.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Unread
  (#4)
Eddie would go ...

February 7, 2011, 09:17 PM

I'm not sure MCN's comparisons with the 'average cruiser' are fair or relevant. This is geared towards a different type of rider.

Maybe if you pick on the dated V-Max or V-Rod's....throw in a Rocket III Roadster for good measure

hey..I think that's a hell of a road test...hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#5)

February 7, 2011, 09:34 PM

full story:
Ducati Diavel | Ash On Bikes

Quote:
Phenomenal. Never mind starting this review with some background and building up to the conclusion, you have to know right now: the new Ducati Diavel delivers way beyond the most optimistic expectations.
So much so, this is the most unexpectedly brilliant machine I´ve ridden for many years, and that´s not simply because my expectations were low to start with – I always though it was going to be fun – but because it handles superbly and is powered by the best engine Ducati has ever made.

It came from a good starting point of course, as the engine is exactly the same as the one which powers the hugely and deservedly successful Multistrada, with the added benefit of another year´s worth of development of the fuelling. On top of that, the Diavel´s airbox is more efficient and the exhaust system is more conventional by Ducati standards than the Multistrada´s complex arrangement, with the result that this supposed Harley V-Rod and Yamaha V-Max rival produces almost 12bhp more than the Multi at 159bhp (162PS).
I say supposed because the Diavel blows those other two muscle cruisers into the weeds in just about every respect. Okay, it makes less power than the Yamaha´s 197bhp, but it weighs almost 220lb (100kg) less, a huge difference even before you take into account the £7,500 price advantage. Ducati´s performance claims say it all: the Diaval is compared not with those rivals but with the Bologna factory´s own superbike, the 1198. And the Diavel wins: it has a 0-100km (62mph) time of 2.6 seconds, faster than the 1198, and has the shortest braking distance of any production Ducati ever made. The V-Max will be left well behind, the V-Rod will just look plain silly, and the improvement over the Multistrada´s even is way beyond what mere numbers suggest.

Unread
  (#6)
Toe Dragger

February 8, 2011, 06:29 PM

Ok, so who wants one? LOL! I do already have 3 deposits down on them, and I have a suspicion that number will be growing rapidly here in the near future..

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

February 8, 2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm not sure MCN's comparisons with the 'average cruiser' are fair or relevant. This is geared towards a different type of rider.

Maybe if you pick on the dated V-Max or V-Rod's....throw in a Rocket III Roadster for good measure

In.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#8)
Has an idiot exemption

February 8, 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucDucGoose View Post
Ok, so who wants one? LOL! I do already have 3 deposits down on them, and I have a suspicion that number will be growing rapidly here in the near future..
You know I do.

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#9)
Being nice :)

February 8, 2011, 11:21 PM

its appeareance stands for "lipstick" in bolognese, but the techie stuff is the hawwwwtness..

drooool

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#10)

February 9, 2011, 08:27 PM

Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

February 9, 2011, 09:27 PM

It has been done before.... Yamaha Warrior, but this has a SSSA

I like... but I still like my Yammi more.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#12)

February 9, 2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
It has been done before.... Yamaha Warrior, but this has a SSSA
hate to sound like a nut swinger, but half the horsepower, almost the same torque, and 200lbs heavier.....not quite the same as the Diavel

Unread
  (#13)
Groping is a skill...

February 9, 2011, 11:45 PM

^ Yep and no 40 degree lean angle. I don't think there is any cruisers out there that could do that without dragging pegs, exhaust, or just pure sliding out from under you.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a llama again!

February 10, 2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

I was thinking along these same lines.
Unread
  (#15)
Ling Long

February 10, 2011, 07:03 AM

I was really surprised by how sexy this looked in person. This bike gets the Yao seal of approval

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt