DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
1 members and 518 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Ducati

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
A girl must have her toys

September 13, 2004, 12:53 PM

Went to Coleman this weekend looking for a bike and almost walked out with the 05' 800. besides my regular doubts about owning a Ducati we discovered that my bank would give me a better deal on the financing and by then it was closed. Which is a good thing cause I spoke to several people whom have told me to reconsider.

Maintance on a Ducati is not a piece of cake... its like buying the whole cake factory. So although I like its style, love the color and would look kick ass on a Ducati.. I wonder in the long wrong will it be worth my time and money. It is a L twin cylinder, 2 valve so I know it will loose value a lot of value once it is out the door. I think it will be a good investment if I plan to keep it for a long time, but not sure if I will.

I need advice...

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

September 13, 2004, 01:29 PM

I had many of the same concerns before I bought my Duc. I have a Monster 800, so it's the same basic engine/tranny.

I found that many of the people that told me that Ducati's were more expensive to own had never owned one, or had a friend who wrecked one. The parts are expensive if you need to replace them, should you have a mishap. That is why you see all of the salvage title Duc's on eBay. I've had mine for a little over a month now, and I have had one problem. It is a manufactures defect in the clutch hydrolic system, so it's not really a Ducati thing because its a Brembo part. It's all being covered by warrenty. (a 2 yr warrenty btw) In my experiance my insurance went up $50 a year and the first service was about the same as a Japanese 4-banger ($200). I've been told that the service on the 2 valve setup is cake. It's the 4 valve you have to shell out the big bucks for service.

Now... if you still aren't sure you want one, don't ride it cause you'll leave with it! The sound is intoxicating, the feel hypnotic yet exciting. Roll on the throttle in any gear and it charges like a locomotive. I went from a CBR F4 to this, and it is totally different. If you can manage to ride it without a big goofy grin on your face... well... call a doctor, because your face ain't workin'!

http://www.mozilla.org/images/product-firefox.pngUse Firefox - Rediscover the Web

KwayZeeyT - (k-way-z-t) adj. To be slightly off or otherwise "Travis-like".

"I don't trust you... but in a good way." - Kim
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to kwayzeeyt Send a message via Yahoo to kwayzeeyt Send a message via AIM to kwayzeeyt Send a message via MSN to kwayzeeyt  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

September 13, 2004, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayzeeyt
If you can manage to ride it without a big goofy grin on your face... well... call a doctor, because your face ain't workin'!

FEAR THE TRAVIS!

Dee, I still say get the 600RR, but I am partial like Traivs. I ride a Honda.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

September 13, 2004, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayzeeyt
If you can manage to ride it without a big goofy grin on your face... well... call a doctor, because your face ain't workin'!

FEAR THE TRAVIS!

Dee, I still say get the 600RR, but I am partial like Travis. I ride a Honda.
The 600RR is sweet, under seat exhaust, pro link suspension, cardboard seat... lol. The Duc is definantly more exclusive. If you don't like attention, this bike is not for you.

Seriously though... I loved my F4, and I do miss it. ( I didn't think I would ) However, I wanted a Monster since I started riding... on a Rebel 250. So I know that factored into my decision.

http://www.mozilla.org/images/product-firefox.pngUse Firefox - Rediscover the Web

KwayZeeyT - (k-way-z-t) adj. To be slightly off or otherwise "Travis-like".

"I don't trust you... but in a good way." - Kim
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to kwayzeeyt Send a message via Yahoo to kwayzeeyt Send a message via AIM to kwayzeeyt Send a message via MSN to kwayzeeyt