DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 534
3 members and 531 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Kawasaki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Mr. Glass

November 13, 2004, 07:55 PM

Shinya Nakano has dipped into his own pockets to provide help to the thousands of his countrymen affected by the recent earthquakes in Japan. The Kawasaki rider returned home from Europe this week after contesting the final round of the MotoGP season at Valencia and visiting the NEC show in England, and was shocked by the effects of the quakes, which centred around Niigata in the north of Japan, on the 23rd October.

“In Chiba, where I live, you could feel the ground shaking,” said Nakano, who yesterday visited the offices of Japanese sports newspaper ‘Tochu’ to make his contribution.

“I was just leaving Japan for Valencia when it happened and when I returned I couldn’t believe the extent of the damage that had been caused. The amount of injured people is much higher than I had realised so I wanted to help the victims of this catastrophe in some way.”

Earthquakes are still being registered around Niigata and the situation is delicate, with 40 fatalities already recorded, almost 3,000 injured and over 18,000 houses damaged. The area was also recently hit by a typhoon.
--

I thought this was very nice, its good to see racers coming back to show support where its really needed, not just racing, but in his quest to improving life not just for himself, but others around him... its certain.. its not self interest that drives us all.

here is a pic of him w/ local news team there.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#2)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 13, 2004, 09:56 PM

Yes, Yes.....that's a very nice story. Now go back in to your hole and leave the posting to the professionals................................

Not a nasty, dirty wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was an Usman-hole, and that means comfort.

It has a perfectly round door like porthole, painted green, with a shiney yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opens on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided ith polished chairs, and lots of pegs for hats and coats--Usman is fond of visitors. The tunnel winds on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hile--The hill, as all people for many miles round called it--and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then the other. No going upstairs for Usman: bedrooms, bathrooms, cellars, pantries (lots of these), wardrobes (he has whole rooms devoted to clothes), kitchens, dining rooms, are all on the same floor, and indeed the same passage. The best rooms all all on the lefthand side (going in), for those are the only ones to have windows, deep-set round windows looking over his garden and meadows beyond, sloping down the river.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ