DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 597
4 members and 593 guests
2blueyam, GsxrBulldog, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Kawasaki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Need some opinions
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Need some opinions - September 10, 2007, 11:00 PM

I recently had my bike totaled....bike was hit while parked... and I need to buy a new bike, but dont want to spend alot of money. I am looking at a 1996 ZX7R with 20,xxx miles. It seems to be in very good shape...just seen pictures so far, going to look at it this week. I just want to know what you guys/gals opinions are on the bike...what to look for, problems with this particular model etc. The guy is asking $2900.00 for it and is firm on the price. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

September 11, 2007, 06:15 AM

I have a 97 zx7r and love it. I think Kawi made some changes between the two years though. Still, I think the 96 is a great bike too from what I've read and heard. Mine has over 21K miles and is still very strong (bought it with 13,500 in March). Find out what modifications and upgrades were put into it. If it is in great shape and there are some substantial add-ons like full exhaust w/ jetting, then maybe $2900 is ok. Ask if it has been on the track. Even if he says no, check to see if it has been safety wired.

PM dodge131--he knows more than I do about these ninjas.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 11, 2007, 07:03 AM

Yea find out what has been modded on the bike? Check for drilled bolts to see if it was a track bike cause alot were raced. Look for any dents or sratches in the frame around the gas tank! Also look for the steering dampner mount to see if it has been ripped off. I have a 95 ZX9 and love it. The steering head bearings should be good but if this bike has seen alot of wheelies they will need to be replaced. If you need some more advice on it get some pics and more info and post up.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

September 11, 2007, 10:39 AM

Here is a link to the ad....I am going to look at it tomorrow I think. Thanks for the thoughts

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...419069988.html

Thanks