DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 576
4 members and 572 guests
2blueyam, GsxrBulldog, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Kawasaki

LinkBack Thread Tools
SUggestions for brake pads on a 2006 zx10r
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

SUggestions for brake pads on a 2006 zx10r - October 2, 2007, 10:56 PM

I am not a big fan of the factory brakes. My 6r stopped a HELL of a lot better. So, Im going to change the pads and put some decent lines on the bikes...

Any recommendations?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

October 3, 2007, 08:07 AM

did i miss a post that you got a new bike???

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially a Ninja

October 3, 2007, 08:09 AM

Goodrich lines and vesrah pads. Just got them on my busa a little bit ago and they work AMAZING!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07  
Unread
  (#4)
Super Moderator

October 3, 2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
did i miss a post that you got a new bike???
Hehehehe...

I amgoing to post "My first ride on my new bike" but I justhavent hadtime yet.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#5)
Mr. Glass

October 3, 2007, 08:25 AM

that alone wont solve the problem james.

ya need to go with either 6R brakes or ZX14 brakes. the 10 brakes crappy. I know i have delt with them.

for many people the brembo MC with lines as solved the issue, and others have changed their calipers to zx14 and 6r and have great results also.

lines are must either way.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#6)
#swag

October 3, 2007, 08:29 AM

Vesrah, Carbon Lorraine, Performance Friction, Ferodo - can't go wrong with any of them.. I use the Carbon Lorraine SBK3's on my R1.. They need some heat in them to get them working nice, but once they're heated up, they're amazing!

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#7)
Super Moderator

October 3, 2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman
that alone wont solve the problem james.

ya need to go with either 6R brakes or ZX14 brakes. the 10 brakes crappy. I know i have delt with them.

for many people the brembo MC with lines as solved the issue, and others have changed their calipers to zx14 and 6r and have great results also.

lines are must either way.
Yeah, thats what Iv been reading. I was actually going through the zx10r site also. Looks like the people who replaced the entire setup are people who do track/street. Im probably not taking this to the track. So I was thinking that pads and lines just might do the trick. And just for the hell of it I was thinking about getting the pazzo levers just cause!

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#8)
Mr. Glass

October 3, 2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
Yeah, thats what Iv been reading. I was actually going through the zx10r site also. Looks like the people who replaced the entire setup are people who do track/street. Im probably not taking this to the track. So I was thinking that pads and lines just might do the trick. And just for the hell of it I was thinking about getting the pazzo levers just cause!
i like where your heads at

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

October 3, 2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I have the '06 10R and love the bike. Except for the frekkin' brakes!! Even at the #1 setting on the brake lever, it was way too mushy. To remedy this, I first bought galfer HH pads. After installation, my brakes were aweful. The pads made the front end slap/vibrate so hard it was useless under 30mph.

I went to Coleman's (where I bought the bike), and they said it was probably bad rotors, and that the rotors were not under warranty. I put my OEM pads back in and the rotors seemed to run fine--go figure! So, I next put in galfer SS lines. No real improvements.

Desperate for better brakes, I found a pair of rotors ($125 for the pair) and calipers ($40 for the pair) off an '07 6R (it had less than 100 miles before it was rear-ended!), and a set of galfer HH pads for those calipers. Everthing was installed last night. Before I even took the bike out, I could tell the mushy OEM brake feel was gone!!! So, I took it out for a street test. After breaking in the pads, I was thrilled. I now have the brake lever set on #3 and have much more braking power than OEM. It still is not a "one finger" machine, but I never need to use more than two.

Pads and lines did virtually nothing for me, but, based on the limited testing I have done so far, I can highly recommend switching the calipers (the '06-07 14R and '07 6R use the same Nissin calipers). I am going to the Oct. 13 trackday at Summit, and am doing the Cornerspeed school on Oct. 29. I am now looking forward to testing the brakes there.

Celebrate freedom, honesty and excellence!

Last edited by Musikkant; October 3, 2007 at 10:17 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2007, 10:17 AM

You might want to shoot a PM to Musikkant. He's doing something with his zx10r brakes, and it sounded like he did his homework.

EDIT: Ha, he posted while I was typing this.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

October 3, 2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
You might want to shoot a PM to Musikkant. He's doing something with his zx10r brakes, and it sounded like he did his homework.

EDIT: Ha, he posted while I was typing this.
Got ya Orange!

Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2007, 10:51 AM

You're faster than me, even on the forums.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

October 3, 2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
You're faster than me, even on the forums.

LOL! that was funny. And I had a feeling you were going to say that exact thing. Maybe I should start looking for some calipers. Do I need to replace the rotors with 6r rotors to use the 6r calipers?

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

October 3, 2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:

LOL! that was funny. And I had a feeling you were going to say that exact thing. Maybe I should start looking for some calipers. Do I need to replace the rotors with 6r rotors to use the 6r calipers?
There is no need to replace the rotors. I did it because I got a good deal on them and I had been told that my OEMs were bad. If yours are ok, I would not worry about it. If we meet up at a ride, you can feel mine to see how stiff they are now! HAHAH

Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

December 20, 2007, 09:36 PM

Ferodo XRACs are nice. I've also heard about the 14 swap too.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph