DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
4 members and 537 guests
Nobrains, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
'06 gixxer 750
Unread
  (#1)
strip joint sugardaddy

Talking '06 gixxer 750 - April 17, 2006, 02:01 PM

I picked up my new '06 750 Friday afternoon. I rode it around a bit Friday evening and then took off into WV Saturday afternoon for some break-in miles. Changed the oil & filter Saturday evening, drilled & wired the oil stuff, swapped coolant for water and then did a day at Summit Main yesterday. Previously I had an '04 750.

The '06 is a completely different bike. The riding position is pretty much the same but other than that the new bike is sprung much stiffer, is noisier (mostly intake noise) and it just seems physically smaller. Steers noticeably lighter and quicker than the '04. Engine seems to be a bit stronger over 10K but falls flat around 13.5K whereas the '04 would run out to 14K. Overall it really doesn't feel any more powerful but it hasn't had time to loosen up yet.

As a street bike the ride was kinda harsh and the intake noise kinda annoying until I got over 60 or so and the wind noise took over.

As a track bike, DAMN this thing rocks. It's as good out of the box as my '04 was with megadollars sunk into suspension and shit. I didn't even twist a damping adjuster knob or bother with the sag setting bullshit, I just put new tires on and rode it. I was a bit off from what I can do at Summit but that wasn't due to the bike, I just hadn't been to Summit in like 7 months.

So this is BigB's opinion: If you have an '04/05 and you're not a track junkie, stick with what you've got - the '04/5, to me, is a better street ride due to the more compliant suspension and the quieter engine. If you go to the track and/or race, this '06 is a step up in the handling/suspension dept. Two thumbs up from BigB.

baby's first day home:

Last edited by Big_B; April 17, 2006 at 02:09 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

April 17, 2006, 02:06 PM

nice report Big B
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
Watch out kid! I'm in 1st

April 17, 2006, 03:10 PM

Nice to hear the comparo of the 04 and 06. Great looking bike

06 Kawi 650R Black
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Spike

April 17, 2006, 03:11 PM

Excellent bike!!!! Seriously thinking of trading my '05 in on the maroon one!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz