DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 581
2 members and 579 guests
beatle, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
2012 GSXR 1000 or L2
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

2012 GSXR 1000 or L2 - October 25, 2011, 08:05 AM

A&R:

2012 Suzuki GSXR-1000 – Drops 4lbs, Boosts Mid-Range

Surely not the update that Gixxer lovers were hoping for, the 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 sees a modest retooling as the Japanese company’s liter bike most noticeably goes back to a single exhaust can design. Officially dropping 2kg (4.4 lbs) from its curb weight, we assume the weight savings to the new Suzuki GSX-R1000 can be accounted purely from the new exhaust layout, though Suzuki lists a number of small weight savings throughout the Gixxer’s refined design. Despite a bevy of minor improvements, the big changes include the addition of a beefier midrange, better throttle response, Brembo monoblock calipers with .5mm thinner brake discs, and an improved fuel efficiency by 8%.

Evolving the GSXR-1000′s motor further, Suzuki has lightened Gixxer’s pistons by 11%, while maintaing their strength and durability. The piston-pin bosses are narrower, while the piston skirts are shape-optimized, with asymmetry between the intake and exhaust sides. Additionally, the pistons’ valve recesses are smoother for better combustion efficiency, which creates more torque and better acceleration at low and mid-range engine speeds, as well as better throttle response, and lower fuel consumption.

Other changes in the four-cylinder motor’s design include pentagonal ventilation holes, which help lighten the motor and have lower pumping losses and accordingly better combustion efficiency. Suzuki has also been able to revise the exhaust cam profile for a slight reduction in valve overlap, and has increased the compression ratio to 12.9:1 (up from 12.8:1). The 2012 Suzuki GSXR-1000′s ECU has also been re-mapped to account for the 4-2-1 exhaust system and other engine refinements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 25, 2011, 08:47 AM

No real big changes. Meh. I had a 1000 before. Great bikes. But you can't legally run them out at all on the street. And I'd seriously launch my ass to the moon if I ran it on the track.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#3)
unapologetic

October 25, 2011, 08:59 AM

still a proven race winner, but a little short in the "massive breakthrough" department for a new model year considering they skipped a year. Then again, the science and tech behind these bikes these days is pretty far out there as it is, so major developments really can't be expected.

I for one would hope that those Brembos are cast Mono Blocs, but I have a feeling they are just copper colored ones that were on the 600 last year. and I don't know why the big news in weight savings is a 4 to 2 to 1 exhaust, that's the first thing that gets replaced (either in a slip n or a full system) when it hits the track anyhow. And a speed sensitive steering damper? Didn't Honda try that out with lots of fail a few years ago? I've heard suspension guys tell riders that's the first thing to throw out when you can't get it to turn on a track; Suzuki must have figured it all out.

I still love my 08 model, and I'll love my (new to me) 09 model

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#4)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 25, 2011, 09:30 AM

hmm, I was expecting way more...but still nice improvements. Better than nothing or another skiped year.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#5)
The last urrbendah

October 25, 2011, 09:46 AM

New for 2024, the single-use GSX-R1000. 293rwhp, 107lbs dry. Can only race once before the frame shits itself.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

October 26, 2011, 12:13 PM

(Bandwagoneer) I too was expecting a little more being that a year was skipped. But what the hell, i'm still McLuvin my 03 750 !!!
Unread
  (#7)
Groping is a skill...

October 26, 2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
No real big changes. Meh. I had a 1000 before. Great bikes. But you can't legally run them out at all on the street. And I'd seriously launch my ass to the moon if I ran it on the track.
+1 But as I get older I come to the realization that I am not getting any better at riding the track thanks to lack of time. The liter bike definitely would help for a fat azz like me to carry a bit less entry speed and still come out looking like a champ

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to