DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
3 members and 538 guests
2blueyam, ReasonableDoubt, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

August 1, 2003, 04:30 PM

Hello!

Just wondering if some one can explain in "where is the gas peddle on this thing?" newbie speak, the difference between a Suzuki Bandit 600(s) and SV650(s).

I know the 's' versions come with a shield and a bit of plastic... I also know that the engines are different, I don't know how the engine difference compares...

I have sat on and rev'd a 1996 Bandit 600s up at www.usedbikeemporium.com, they have pics of it there.

I need to find a sv650 somewhere to see the difference...

Any info welcome!

Thanks

Travis

Travis / Wormser
Glen Burnie, MD
Black 2002 Suzuki SV650 Standard
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Wormser Send a message via Yahoo to Wormser Send a message via AIM to Wormser Send a message via MSN to Wormser  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

August 1, 2003, 07:20 PM

Hey Wormser, welcome to the board!

The Bandit 600 is a four cylinder whereas the SV650 is a V-twin. I always recommend the SV650(S) as an excellent starter bike for a newbie (but I'm biased - see sig). It's light, has decent power and handles great so you won't outgrow it in the first season. The Bandit has more power and revs higher since it basically has the same engine as the supersport 600's, albeit tuned to a little bit less power, and is much heavier than the SV. Although it handles very well also. You didn't mention how big you are, but for someone with the necessary inseam length, and older Bandit would make a good starter bike as well.

IMO the V-twin has better torque characteristics and is more user friendly for someone learning to ride. You can pick up a relatively new used one in good condition pretty cheap. Plus, with a few easy mod's SV's make great cheap track bikes if you eventually get into racing and/or doing track days.

Kal

'05 GSX-R 750
'01 SV650S
Full D&D, Dynojet Stage I kit:
Shimmed needles, 150 mains, 17.5 pilots, 2.5 turns
De-snorkelled & de-fendered
  Send a message via AIM to