DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 614
2 members and 612 guests
gixxer123, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
k6-k7 gsxr rectifier issue!
Unread
  (#1)

Exclamation k6-k7 gsxr rectifier issue! - May 2, 2011, 08:52 PM

My K7 Gsxr 750 has been having issues for the past week or so indicating the FI light so I was like ok Ill just put it on dealer mode and check what code it throws it showed C00 which from the Gixxer forums they said it was nothing to worry about it is just a false alarm.

Then the battery craped out on me so I put it on the trickle charger and got it fully charged steady green light and all, slapped it back on the bike and it dies again two days later so I buy a NEW battery go for a ride today with a couple buddies and guess what happens now... exactly bike dies on me again.

I run through the possible culprits that might be causing the problem get the bike home start checking everything finally find the rectifier all f'ed up burnt connection plugs and wires.

I have a question since this is so common what solutions have you guys done to solve this and prevent it from happening. Im on ebay and I found a seller who has a Honda voltage regulator fitted for my model gixxer (New). I also plan on using heat shield tape to prevent this from happening again.

here is the ebay link of what I am talking about
2006 SUZUKI GSXR600 K6 VOLTAGE REGULATOR RECTIFIER NEW | eBay

Last edited by n0showjustg0; May 3, 2011 at 08:54 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 2, 2011, 08:54 PM

so what you're saying is, at the moment it's no go, just show?

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)

May 2, 2011, 09:00 PM

haha yes
Unread
  (#4)
fruta fresca

May 2, 2011, 09:10 PM

too bad its not an 08 or newer - Suzuki put out a recall on the rectifier

Suzuki Recalls 73K motorcycles...

maybe you can call Suzuki and see if they'll replace...they replaced mine for free. worth a shot...

"no me olvides que yo no te olvidare"
Unread
  (#5)

May 2, 2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara View Post
too bad its not an 08 or newer - Suzuki put out a recall on the rectifier

Suzuki Recalls 73K motorcycles...

maybe you can call Suzuki and see if they'll replace...they replaced mine for free. worth a shot...

Yeah Ill call them and give it a try worse they can say is no.

O and just wanted to give a thanks to Gsxrbulldog for stopping and trying to give a helping hand and Loudon County LEO's. Im sure a few people on here probably saw me on the side of route 7 towards leesburg creating traffic not because I was in the way or anything just people rubber necking
Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 3, 2011, 10:05 AM

I've seen a buddy install a CPU cooling fan on top of the rectifier to cool it.

I've been battling a FI light that pulls a C00 code as well for the last few months. I replaced a hose and clamps that was leaking fuel from between the throttle bodies. But I still get a light? It ONLY happens at hwy crusing speeds in like 5th gear at 70mph or so.

Usually I can make the light go off by downshifting OR by just speeding up. It's almost like the light comes on b/c the bike says "hey man, I don't like to run outside of the powerband" (just relaxing and crusing on the bike) but as soon as I shift it into power or speed up....light goes out.

And nothing that I can feel is wrong with the bike. So I haven't had any battery issues ...yet but reading your post made me think of my bike acting similar (in terms of getting an indicator light with no codes).

Everybody says it's b/c of the O2 sensors and having a new pipe. But none of this happened 2 yrs ago when I got the pipe AND I'm not sure if my bike has O2 sensors??? It may?

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

May 3, 2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0showjustg0 View Post

O and just wanted to give a thanks to Gsxrbulldog for stopping and trying to give a helping hand and Loudon County LEO's. Im sure a few people on here probably saw me on the side of route 7 towards leesburg creating traffic not because I was in the way or anything just people rubber necking
Good luck, the response will be like this.

Hi n0g0justsh0w,

We at American Suzuki have reviewed your case and reached a consensus. After carefully considering all the facts present, along with the opinions of many industry experts, we have prepared the following statement.

Go fuck yourself. We've got your money, you are dead to us.

Please keep us in mind for all of your future motorcycle needs and enjoy the enclosed bag of dogshit.

Sincerely,
American Suzuki.

CC: Osama Bin Laden
Satan
Hitler
Rebecca Black

Attachments: (1)
Bag of dogshit

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

May 3, 2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post

CC: Osama Bin Laden
Satan
Hitler
Rebecca Black
C'mon man, Rebecca Black does not belong on that list.......

or does she....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#9)
GET SOME ! ! !

May 3, 2011, 10:29 AM

Untitled.png

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

May 3, 2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
I've seen a buddy install a CPU cooling fan on top of the rectifier to cool it.

I've been battling a FI light that pulls a C00 code as well for the last few months. I replaced a hose and clamps that was leaking fuel from between the throttle bodies. But I still get a light? It ONLY happens at hwy crusing speeds in like 5th gear at 70mph or so.

Usually I can make the light go off by downshifting OR by just speeding up. It's almost like the light comes on b/c the bike says "hey man, I don't like to run outside of the powerband" (just relaxing and crusing on the bike) but as soon as I shift it into power or speed up....light goes out.

And nothing that I can feel is wrong with the bike. So I haven't had any battery issues ...yet but reading your post made me think of my bike acting similar (in terms of getting an indicator light with no codes).

Everybody says it's b/c of the O2 sensors and having a new pipe. But none of this happened 2 yrs ago when I got the pipe AND I'm not sure if my bike has O2 sensors??? It may?
You need to have the bike hooked up to the SDS (Suzuki Diagnostic System)that way the past fail codes can be retrieved.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

May 3, 2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0showjustg0 View Post

90% of the time they tell you to take the bike to your local suzuki dealer to be diagnosed and then have the dealer contact suzuki.
Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 3, 2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLEVEL View Post
You need to have the bike hooked up to the SDS (Suzuki Diagnostic System)that way the past fail codes can be retrieved.

Hmmm....

Cool. I didn't even realize ther was an alternate diagnostic system. I thought the only one was to jump the pins to put the bike in dealer/diagnostic mode.

I'm really wondering if there are ANY past codes b/c every time I've duplicated the indicator light and checked it never pulls any codes. I've even went as far as disconnecting the O2 sensor plug on the bottom of the airbox and it triped a code while the bike was running.

So confusing!

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

May 3, 2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Hmmm....

Cool. I didn't even realize ther was an alternate diagnostic system. I thought the only one was to jump the pins to put the bike in dealer/diagnostic mode.

I'm really wondering if there are ANY past codes b/c every time I've duplicated the indicator light and checked it never pulls any codes. I've even went as far as disconnecting the O2 sensor plug on the bottom of the airbox and it triped a code while the bike was running.

So confusing!
Well when you disconnected the o2 sensor you also caused a code to be stored and the system can only store 2-3 codes. The best thing to do is have the bike connected to the SDS and have past codes pulled and erased and go ride till you see the FI light again. Jumping the pins will only reveal any current issues.
Unread
  (#14)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 3, 2011, 03:40 PM

^I'll try getting it somewhere to get hooked up to the SDS.

From what I read everything is cleared when you turn off the bike...it erases everything.

You know it's difficult to keep on riding something when you get an indicator light but everyone is just saying ...Oh...it's the O2 sensors....don't worry about it. Kind of like the OP was saying...

Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

May 3, 2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
^I'll try getting it somewhere to get hooked up to the SDS.

From what I read everything is cleared when you turn off the bike...it erases everything.

You know it's difficult to keep on riding something when you get an indicator light but everyone is just saying ...Oh...it's the O2 sensors....don't worry about it. Kind of like the OP was saying...
When you turn the key off you reset the current code screen but it stays stored in the ECM till erased by the SDS. I have also only had to replace two O2 sensors in the last 5 years. It's usually a bad connection or the exhaust valve cables need adjusted and lubricated. The O2 sensors are also covered under the 5 year emissions warranty so why ignore the codes?