DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
4 members and 544 guests
Nobrains, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
K7 GSXR 1000 MD write-up!
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

K7 GSXR 1000 MD write-up! - February 21, 2007, 08:07 AM

Bike looks to be pretty amazing! I think the power option is a great feature, probably should be something every liter bike has.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/19feb...i_gsxr1000.htm

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 21, 2007, 08:42 AM

Dam nice bike but how long will it be before the gov't will step in and start limiting the hp on bikes? Does anyone need 190 hp bike for the street? I wish the major bike makers would bring some more motard style bikes to offer a different choice for people looking for a fun bike that isn't all about speed. Bring some motards here, get more motard racing and make it more main stream and people will find you can have fun on a bike that doesn't do 200 mph! Instead of putting all the emphasis on hp why not put better suspension and brakes? They need to start thinking outside the box before the gov't puts a lid on it and nails it shut!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
Lurking

February 21, 2007, 08:55 AM

Nice

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CrazyDaDa  
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

February 21, 2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Dam nice bike but how long will it be before the gov't will step in and start limiting the hp on bikes? Does anyone need 190 hp bike for the street? I wish the major bike makers would bring some more motard style bikes to offer a different choice for people looking for a fun bike that isn't all about speed. Bring some motards here, get more motard racing and make it more main stream and people will find you can have fun on a bike that doesn't do 200 mph! Instead of putting all the emphasis on hp why not put better suspension and brakes? They need to start thinking outside the box before the gov't puts a lid on it and nails it shut!
Dodge, I see where you're coming from but that will never happen...why? If you restrict bikes they better damn well restrict cars and we all know that will never happen. The same argument goes with anything...why do we need 300hp cars? Or anything in excess of the basic function it provides. Finally...a bike with 35hp can kill as fast as a bike with 190hp so why restrict it when the rider needs to be held accountable? I agree with where you're coming from but the fact that we have the choice to get the bike we want is one great thing about our country...we have the choice...what we do with that choice is up to us. Yes, that can be a good or bad thing.

Either way, this was about the K7...I find it interesting about the A, B, and C modes.

Although, I would like to see Supermoto growing and it is but we're still a long ways away. I'm hoping CCS will get a series running for the Mid-Atlantic region...South East has a few races already.

Chris
Unread
  (#5)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
February 21, 2007, 09:19 AM

Good read....thanks chris

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 21, 2007, 09:29 AM

OK I can do the bold type too!! Those cars with 300 hp cost 30 grand were as the bikes cost max 12 grand so that means younger people with less money and skill will buy these bikes go out and do stupid things that will make the news and then someone will say "Why don't we just ban these bikes?"! Go look at other countries on how they restirct riders to lower cc bikes till they can prove that they know how to handle a bike. My responce was not to jack your thread but in the article I read this bike is fast and handles good but in the wrong hands can be dangerous. Sorry for having an opinion on this subject! The idea of the A, B, C modes makes me think that Suzuki has made a bike with so much power that they need to restrict it when the rider cant control that power! This kind of restriction already exists in cars because of the lack of driver skill in the USA and world! I have a 04 4Runner with traction control that I turn off because I do practice evasive manuvers and I know how to handle my truck and do not want some computer doing it for me!

www.RnRcycles.com

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)
Ling Long

February 21, 2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
OK I can do the bold type too!! Those cars with 300 hp cost 30 grand were as the bikes cost max 12 grand so that means younger people with less money and skill will buy these bikes go out and do stupid things that will make the news and then someone will say "Why don't we just ban these bikes?"! Go look at other countries on how they restirct riders to lower cc bikes till they can prove that they know how to handle a bike. My responce was not to jack your thread but in the article I read this bike is fast and handles good but in the wrong hands can be dangerous. Sorry for having an opinion on this subject! The idea of the A, B, C modes makes me think that Suzuki has made a bike with so much power that they need to restrict it when the rider cant control that power! This kind of restriction already exists in cars because of the lack of driver skill in the USA and world! I have a 04 4Runner with traction control that I turn off because I do practice evasive manuvers and I know how to handle my truck and do not want some computer doing it for me!
You can get a 300+ horsepower car for 17k new, and a lot less used. So, that argument goes way, way way out the window. Not to mention that most "young kids" can't afford to buy a car AND a 12k bike... so that argument get sshot as well.

Why don't we ban these bikes? Why don't you move to a country that isn't free. Freedom of choice. You can take your government control and shove it way up your ass.

The ABC countrol is based on road conditions.

Bottom line: You don't like it? Don't fucking buy it. But take your censorship and shove it.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

February 21, 2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The bold was to separate the comment directed at you instead of the actual thread so it wasn't intended to come off as insulting so you can pull your thong out of your butt

As far as what you are talking about, you're confusing traction control with "power management" what car has an option to reduce the horsepower? They do offer traction control but I have not seen a program which reduces the actual power output so if there is a car that does that please fill us in.

Again...even if you restrict someone to a smaller bike it doesn't mean they cannot injure themselves, it's not so much the size of the bike it's the respect for the bike and restraint needed to ride safely.

Chris
Unread
  (#9)
whoa preppy......

February 21, 2007, 09:50 AM

what car puts out 300hp for 17k?

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 09:55 AM

um....they have been putting restrictions on car's top speed for a long time. That is pretty much the same thing.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Ling Long

February 21, 2007, 09:59 AM

They've been putting restrictions on bike's top speed for some time as well.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

February 21, 2007, 10:02 AM

right..so hp restriction....? prolly not then. you only really need 1st and second gear anyway..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

February 21, 2007, 10:08 AM

No...the restriction or "govenor" or "speed-limiter" limits you overall top speed NOT power.

The K7 actually has a map which reduces the power...like I said traction control is one thing, power mapping an ECU is a totally different beast.

I do agree completely that NOBODY needs 180 or 190hp on the street...for that matter I've never understood the point of a literbike on the street when a 600 already is more than enough power. However, if you want that power I say go for it...just ride within your limits so I'm not going to get into that argument.

BTW...New K7 looks to be an amazing bike

Chris
Unread
  (#14)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

February 21, 2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpD1!
Good read....thanks chris
+1

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#15)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 21, 2007, 10:16 AM

I like how the comments get personal when people don't agree around here! I thought this was an open fourm? As for gov't control gee almost everything we have and do is some how controled by gov't in some form. Traction control is power management. With traction control on it controls the amount of power to the wheels with it off you get full power all the time. Been on most sport cars for quite a while. And I still can't find that 300 hp car for 17 grand new! And no arguement here as the bike is good looking and one awesome bike for skilled riders.

www.RnRcycles.com

Last edited by dodge131; February 21, 2007 at 10:18 AM..