DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 623
2 members and 621 guests
gixxer123, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Oneway would like to thank
Unread
  (#1)
TPG - screw face

Oneway would like to thank - March 16, 2009, 09:54 AM

in no particular order and this is not meant to bash, degrade, undermine anyone or place, just a list of Oneway's experiences over the past year.

TPG - for being a cool group of dbags(except for ARC, he's not a dbag) haha that are always ready to lend a hand(or not) haha....for leaving me when I crash, but they did make sure I was ok (I told them to finish the ride, so it was cool) that had to be longest most crooked front end ride home ever

my ex - she'll prolly never see this, but every crash, every time the bike goes in the shop, if it's just to icy out to ride - she has been there, regardless of AM/PM

Devil Dawg - for workin with me and figuring out the charging issue which resulted in a new stator, R/R, and wiring harness. They kept it real with me and informed me that if there was a cheapo way around it, they would have done it, but the system was just too far gone and hacked to try and replace one thing. And the guy that hid all my wires, I suck at names, I think it was Aarron.

Champion Motorsports - for forcing me to learn about my own bike by missing the simple things. Which forced me to get a 2nd opinion. Now that Dieder is there...hopefully he can turn that place around. (Search that place on Craigslist, I'm not the only one)

RNR - for the 60% leak down test results in cylinder 1. Which forced me to get a 4th opinion.

Baileys Crossroad Cycles - for flushing my fuel system over and over and over again and telling me my issue was fuel related...then charging me $750 and handing me back a still crappy bike, which forced me to get a 3rd opinion

Colgan Powersports for the awesome customer service and getting me my 530 -1/+2 sprockets with great pricing. Looking forward to the 21st.

Ccastle28 for taking the time to run over here and look at my headlight with me...even though it turned out to be nothing, thanks dood.

gixxer.com for the awesome search results and overall awesome online help

Suzuki for making an evidently rock hard engine....just a shitty cam chain tensioner

and of course, the best for last - a member on here that asked to remain nameless and I can respect that .... took the time to check my valves, explained to me the specs, pulled my cams, and while putting everything back, he noticed my timing was way off. Explained/showed me how everthing was supposed to line up...pulled my cam chain tensioner and explained/showed me that is was shot to hell. Took the time to walk me through everything step by step, even the sprocket and chain install. It was also VERY awesome to see a mechanic not afraid to crack open the manual. Good stuff.

Needless to say - Oneway's GSX-R750 is back. Now, since the money pit is all closed up, I can finally start modding this damned thing

if you are wondering...yes...a shot-to-shit spring loaded cam chain tensioner caused my timing to jump after a jerky bump start in March of 2008 and it was now off by a few teeth. A year's worth of drama is laid to rest.

As it was explained to me, there still maybe some very slight leak down due to riding it with bad timing for so long...carbon build up, etc etc but honestly...I can't feel a damn thing but smooth acceleration

I can say with mild confidence lol, that I know my shit about the 99 GSXR 750

Last edited by Oneway; March 16, 2009 at 09:56 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

March 16, 2009, 09:56 AM

When I started reading this, I thought you were going to off yourself or something.

Glad you're bikes ok now.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 16, 2009, 09:58 AM

YUT--UNNNNGHHH!

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#4)
TPG

March 16, 2009, 10:05 AM

I give it a week

2008 - Kawasaki ZX-6R
2007 - Suzuki GSX-R750 (Sold)
1999 - Yamaha R6 (Sold)

TPG

RIP Jeff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG - screw face

March 16, 2009, 10:51 AM

hahah foo shut up. Very rarely do I jump the gun with good news...cuz my karma has a long history of being the suck lol and i've found that when I keep my mouth shut and keep the excitement all bottled up...karma tends to be good to me lol...but this just felt too good this morning to pass up lol

i hope karma understands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
I give it a week
Unread
  (#6)
Range Rover Owner

March 16, 2009, 12:48 PM

how much money have u spent on the '99 750?
Unread
  (#7)
and go

March 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

yay for you and the bike!
Unread
  (#8)
TPG - screw face

March 16, 2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post
how much money have u spent on the '99 750?
bout half what i paid for it or just over half...i'd lay out a number...but can't find my I think the only good thing i did was talk the owner down from $5k to a very good price lol...
Unread
  (#9)
and go

March 16, 2009, 12:59 PM

you sound like me thanking the ten people who helped me with my bike!
Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

March 16, 2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithabike View Post
you sound like me thanking the ten people who helped me with my bike!
lol i have no problem givin credit where credit is due
Unread
  (#11)
Nubbs ban yourself!

March 16, 2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
bout half what i paid for it or just over half...i'd lay out a number...but can't find my I think the only good thing i did was talk the owner down from $5k to a very good price lol...
It sucks you in and before you know it you look back and are like, WTF I could have put a nice chunk down on a new one or whatever.

It is the same thing with my animals. Everyone thinks I am just some animal freak. While I do care about them alot, I dont think if you said, Sir your animal is going to cost you $17K or it is going to die I would have done it. Since it comes a little at a time over a period of 2 years it is what it is! Don't regret it for one minute however!

Good job sticking with the problem when so many on this board just said sell or get a new engine!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#12)
What failure looks like

March 16, 2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
Good job sticking with the problem when so many on this board just said sell or get a new engine!
The ultimate cost is really based upon how much you value your time at. Buying a new engine would have been substantially cheaper once his time was factored in.

In either event, congrats on getting everything working Oneway!

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#13)
Nubbs ban yourself!

March 16, 2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcooled View Post
The ultimate cost is really based upon how much you value your time at. Buying a new engine would have been substantially cheaper once his time was factored in.

Hind sight is 20-20 as they say!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#14)
TPG

March 16, 2009, 02:01 PM

Its afternoon, does it still run!?!?

2008 - Kawasaki ZX-6R
2007 - Suzuki GSX-R750 (Sold)
1999 - Yamaha R6 (Sold)

TPG

RIP Jeff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#15)
TPG - screw face

March 16, 2009, 02:21 PM

Thanks NR

engines were running around $700...then we have to talk about shop costs and $/hr to take out the old one and check out + drop in the new one...considering the problem wasn't directly engine related...I like to think I made a good decision overall, except for the time part (but all I do is work and sleep anyway lol)....seeing how a new-to-me engine would have come with the same shitty cam chain tensioner...I think I came out even or slightly on top lol.

and I agree n2sport...i wasn't able to drop money like that at once on a new engine and shop costs....but having it spread out over time...I was able to manage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcooled View Post

hahah shut up jaxxx - i haven't been out there yet...about to go home in about an hour and half...don't jinx it