DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 583
2 members and 581 guests
Cinko, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Suzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2005, 01:21 PM

I have an 04 Suzuki Hayabusa. Does anyone know how the numbers that are in the map work? Also what does the number in the Throttle column represent? I would like to possibly tweak my commander more.

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

August 15, 2005, 01:26 PM

Have you done the TRE mod for it yet?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2005, 01:36 PM

no, my understanding of the TRE just allows the bike to go beyond the speed governed limit right?

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
Unread
  (#4)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

August 15, 2005, 01:43 PM

Isn't the TRE mod the one to limit power in lower gears....so throttle happy morons don't flip the bikes back over on themselves?

Also....WTF are you doing modifying the power commander without being on a dyno??? Anything else is generally a waste of time.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2005, 01:51 PM

that is my question. do you have to have the bike on a dyno to tweak the map? And I would still like to know what the numbers mean so that when I do get the bike a dyno i don't have to leave it to someone else to determine what the settings are. I would like to understand the map and numbers myself.

Unread
  (#6)

August 15, 2005, 01:58 PM

No you don't have to have the bike on a dyno to change the map numbers. On my 01 GSXr750 I kept a couple of maps handy for different purposes....pump gas and high dollar race gas. I would switch between them depending on what I was running.

As for creating a map....that needs to be done on a dyno. What you are doing is looking at the power curves from the dyno runs. You then adjust the fuel mappings to smooth out the power curve.

The problem with seat of the pants adjusting...you might have actually made the bike slower through part of the range....so that when you hit the powerband...it just feels faster....but is actually slower. No shit....it happens....often.

Adding a pipe and a powercommander....generally you should tune for that pipe. (Pipes do differ enough to make this worthwhile.) On the upside...you might be able to find a relatively close mapping from Dynojet...then just tweak if you need it.

Whatever you do...don't just go fiddling with it. You really wouldn't be happy if you leaned out the mixture a bit too much. You'd get great power...until you burned through a piston.

Unread
  (#7)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

August 15, 2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg
Isn't the TRE mod the one to limit power in lower gears....so throttle happy morons don't flip the bikes back over on themselves?
It's intended purpose is to smooth out throttle response, but it just also happens to hinder performance ever so slightly. You'd never ever notice the performance difference on the street, and I really doubt you'd notice it on the track. Most people that claim to are just caught up in the enthusiasm.

Of course, I say that only given the following: my buddy and I both bought '02 600's at the same time. Both were completely stock except that his had the TRE mod. He noticed his throttle response was jerky and I never had a problem keeping up with him anywhere.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2005, 02:01 PM

i haven't changed anything on the map. but i would like to understand the settings. I kind of figured from reading the site that you must dyno first before you change any settings.

Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

August 15, 2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo
that is my question. do you have to have the bike on a dyno to tweak the map? And I would still like to know what the numbers mean so that when I do get the bike a dyno i don't have to leave it to someone else to determine what the settings are. I would like to understand the map and numbers myself.
Honestly, take your bike a DynoJet cert. place, and have them tune it. It is the only "true" way that you will be able to get your specific setup to utilize the PCIII's ability to correct flat spots in your power curves. The other option, is to check the web, and see if you can find a map that has your exact setup and download it.

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#10)
Typical Stripper

August 15, 2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegula
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg
It's intended purpose is to smooth out throttle response, but it just also happens to hinder performance ever so slightly. You'd never ever notice the performance difference on the street, and I really doubt you'd notice it on the track. Most people that claim to are just caught up in the enthusiasm.

Of course, I say that only given the following: my buddy and I both bought '02 600's at the same time. Both were completely stock except that his had the TRE mod. He noticed his throttle response was jerky and I never had a problem keeping up with him anywhere.
Each series of Zuk bikes to the best of my knowledge has a bit of a different response to the TRE mod.

Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

August 15, 2005, 02:12 PM

thanks guys, i'm trying to set up a dyno run with Eastern.

Unread
  (#12)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

August 15, 2005, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Each series of Zuk bikes to the best of my knowledge has a bit of a different response to the TRE mod.
No, yours was just slow from the factory.

Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

August 15, 2005, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist

Tell that to Dave Yakkov

Unread
  (#14)

August 15, 2005, 02:56 PM

Quote:

No...that would be mine. I get blasted on the front straight at Summit Point by YSR50's. It's pretty ugly.

Unread
  (#15)
Meh

August 15, 2005, 03:58 PM

TRE stands for Timing Retard Eliminator. It is designed to bypass the pre-programmed ECU's response to pull timing in the lower gear to smooth out throttle response and also to limit the top speed of your Busa by killing the second cylinder while in 6th gear once a terminal speed of 186 is reached.

The TRE bypasses this by tricking the ECU that it is in 5th gear or 6.8K ohms. If you plan of getting one, get what they call a smart one to avoid idle issues while in neutral. Here is a good link to one.

http://www.jsdproducts.com/Product_I...D-3/jsd-3.html

As far as the PC columns are concerned...her is a list of the old columns for a PC2. Probably similiar.

The abbreviations aren't important, just knowing which table is responsible for what is. For the Power Commander II...

Table 1 - Allows fuel adjustments from the 10% throttle position all the way up to the 100% throttle position.

Table 2 - Not used with the Busa. Should be all zeroed.

Table 3 - Allows fuel adjustments from 0% (closed throttle position) up to the 5% throttle position.

Table 4 - Allows for ignition advancement or retardation from 4,000 RPM on up

As stated earlier, a custom tune will yield the most HP and usable HP under the curve. If you feel confident in your ability to tune, you could just download a custom map for your set up and mods and fine tune it where you think it has flat spots in the curve.