DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 514
1 members and 513 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
Any experiences with Triumph Manassas?
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Any experiences with Triumph Manassas? - April 13, 2014, 10:52 AM

I took my Daytona there to get serviced a while back. Overall they were unprofessional. Weren't ready to give my bike back on the agreed upon date when I drove there, so they delivered it to me a few days later. When it arrived, it had part of a tie-down strap stuck to the forks, and they hadn't secured one of the seat screws so it was loose. I didn't have this screw, so it had to go back to them.

Anyone one else had experience dealing with these guys, hopefully better than mine?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Don't believe the hype...

April 13, 2014, 01:37 PM

No experience but thanks for the heads up! I've been meaning to check them out.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#3)
SUPERBITCHIN'

April 14, 2014, 08:00 AM

they are new-wish right? still no excuse for what happend to you but probably not many had experiences with them

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#4)
Two-Wheels Year-Round

April 14, 2014, 11:00 AM

I didn't even know the place was there.

Did they have any demo-bikes there?

i haz z1000!
Unread
  (#5)
need more knee down

April 16, 2014, 11:22 PM

interesting place to setup shop....that row of warehousing has always been independent dealers.

I didn't know they were there either.

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS Recruiter

August 19, 2014, 04:38 PM

Anybody have anymore feedback on this?

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

August 19, 2014, 10:20 PM

I went to Manassas Triumph last month after picking up a Triumph Thruxton. They checked the bike over (since I had recently purchased it). They found the chain out of adjustment and fixed that, and although I normally do oil changes myself, I had them do it since I had them look over the bike to try to locate some minor oil leaks anyway.

Bought a spare key blank from them while I was there.

It's a nice shop inside. They have a nice little waiting area in the midst of the motorcycles. The shop is technically part of a car dealership (the owner decided to branch into Triumph motorcycles).

My buddy who took his Thruxton there and I came to the same conclusion--nice shop but pretty pricey for work (in our opinion). They offer complimentary bike washes after servicing your bike, but while doing so, they put some tiny scratches on my bike and my buddy's bike, which was no bueno. But maybe we were just unlucky.

After getting my bike serviced there, I found that my oil gallery plugs were leaking (it's a common Bonneville/Thruxton issue). I called and their estimate for fixing them was fairly high (to me)--granted, it involves removing the starter motor. In the end, I did the work myself.

If it's something a bit outside of my technical ability, I'd consider taking my bike there. I did like the technician who worked on my bike. I would consider buying a bike from them, but I can't speak from experience on that point.

I will say that it's nice to have a local Triumph dealership in the area. Frederick, MD is too far for me, and I was never a fan of Clinton Cycles (who are no longer a Triumph dealership anyway).

Last edited by dctex; August 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

August 19, 2014, 11:03 PM

I work like 30 seconds from their dealership.

I have been meaning to stop in since they opened.

I met one of their salesmen at a bar in the area and even though we were just in friendly conversation, I felt like he was pressuring me in to buying all sorta of bikes I had zero interest in even looking at.

Maybe I'll stop by this week and have a look around.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - cameihumps
Unread
  (#9)
whoa preppy......

August 20, 2014, 06:17 AM

My father inlaw did not care for the shop at all. His rocket needed some maintenance and he was not happy with their pricing or attitude (his words). He takes his bike all the damned way to Norfolk for work. I think he was trying to find a new dealer for service but they rubbed him wrong.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

August 20, 2014, 06:30 AM

I went there when I was looking for a new bike. I dealt with a gentleman who I assume was the owner. He was friendly and informative but I felt their asking price of $11,000 on a used a Tiger 800XC was high as was $13,500 for a Sprint GT. The Tiger is what I was most interested in and rather than make a sale he chose to tell me that his friend was riding it out west and to come back in a month. He called when it was back but by then the FJR was in the garage.

You would figure since they deal in primarily used BMW's they would be accustomed to dealing with a customer who requires a top notch experience.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

August 20, 2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
My father inlaw did not care for the shop at all. His rocket needed some maintenance and he was not happy with their pricing or attitude (his words). He takes his bike all the damned way to Norfolk for work. I think he was trying to find a new dealer for service but they rubbed him wrong.
Scot, does your father-in-law take his bike to Redline Perfomance Motorsports near Norfolk? I liked their shop when I checked it out when I was down that way for work.
Unread
  (#12)
SRWJTS Recruiter

August 20, 2014, 06:44 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm picking up a 675 this weekend and wanted to know my (viable) options for service/parts for it. Looks like I'll be going elsewhere.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#13)
whoa preppy......

August 20, 2014, 06:44 AM

I think he takes it to D&D. I don't think they are going to sell Triumph much longer. He mentioned they were going to get rid of the franchise within a year or so. I think he's moving on to Moto Guzzi anyway.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

August 20, 2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'm picking up a 675 this weekend and wanted to know my (viable) options for service/parts for it. Looks like I'll be going elsewhere.
For Triumph parts, I order online from Hermy's or Bike Bandit.
Triumph Motorcycle Parts | Hermys Triumph Motorcycle Parts

There are a lot of viable local motorcycle shops who can do work on your bike. I usually take my bikes to those shops, instead of an actual dealership, but sometimes I think that there are some idiosyncrasies that are Triumph-specific that makes a dealership worthwhile to visit.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

August 20, 2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I think he takes it to D&D. I don't think they are going to sell Triumph much longer. He mentioned they were going to get rid of the franchise within a year or so. I think he's moving on to Moto Guzzi anyway.
It's been occasionally mentioned that Triumph doesn't treat its dealerships well, which is a shame since they're making some great bikes right now. You would think that they'd take care of their main conduit to the public (dealerships).